Arsenio Hall Trumps Clay Aiken On Celebrity Apprentice

By DiMarkco Chandler

Donald Trump chooses Arsenio Hall over Clay Aiken on Celebrity Apprentice. Perhaps this is the most controversial decision in the history of the show. You could see intensity in his eyes as Trump asked each contestant why they believed he should pick them. Of course, Clay Aiken thought that he had already experienced placing second and practically vowed that it would not happen tonight. Hall countered Clay’s sentiment by reminding Trump that he too had finished second behind the Johnny Carson Show.

The controversy, however, stems from the fact that during their final assignment, Clay raised twice as much as Arsenio. Clay had a right to feel somewhat cheated since, after all, everyone knows that business success is measured in dollars and cents.

Nevertheless, Trump appears to have departed from the traditional playbook by making Arsenio Hall this year’s Celebrity Apprentice winner and subsequently Clay Aiken the loser.

What are your thoughts?

43 Responses to Arsenio Hall Trumps Clay Aiken On Celebrity Apprentice

1. Sam May 24, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Clay Aiken was robbed and his wonderful charity which he founded was robbed of the titel pure and simple. Arsenio and his support to the slimebag Johnson who spread his decease further won. Set-up anyone ? No respect what so ever for Mr Trump and his animal killer sons. Clay you are the moral winner of course.

2. Stephanie May 24, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Four days after the winner was announced, I finally had time to Google “Why Trump’s decision,” thinking that I must have missed something. What I learned was that most people think as I do that it wasn’t a fair decision. I won’t watch this show again. What a set-up! Clay was robbed again. Shame on you, Mr. Trump!

• Ulf Malmsten May 24, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Again a strange decision to say the laest by Trump. Of course Clay Aitken should have won; he raised the double amount of money compared to Arsenio Hall and he also arranged a much happier end show than Arsenio Hall. This was again a wrong decision like the firing of Andretti and so on. What the hell is the matter with you Mr Trump ?

3. DIANE TELANDER May 24, 2012 at 4:06 am

I ALSO WILL NEVER WATCH CELEBRITY APPRENTICE, OR DANCING WITH THE STARS AGAIN. THESE SHOWS REALLY INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE. THEY HAVE BEEN DELETED FROM MY DVR FOREVER.

4. Tina May 23, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I DO like Arsenio but how convenient that Arsenio got a show in the works only two days after CApp ends with NBC or TBS. Hmmm. So Clay won two tasks (if you count the finale) and Arsenio won two tasks (within the season) which ties them. But Clay raised almost twice the money using so-called ‘nobodys’ and Arsenio couldn’t raise barely over 150k with his heavy hitters. In that alone Clay should have won. Did you hear Adam Carolla’s podcast? He had some interesting things to say about what happened in the final BR that the general public didn’t see. Apparently DT took a poll and almost everyone thought Clay should have won. Keep this in mind, that final BR was filmed in Nov so for 6 months Clay had it in his mind that he could actually win this thing. BS Trump! Were you not liking the titles of ‘C.A. won C.A.’? Or ‘The first ever gay guy wins Celebrity Apprentice!’ You don’t have enough money? You need more? You steal from kids and from a ‘lower’ (well more classy) ranked charity, National Inclusion Project? I thought this was about charity and money than your own ego? Screw you Trump, you lost another viewer. Lets see how well your ratings are next year.

• NTS May 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I do not believe Aubrey should have won and she should not have made it as far as she has. She had good ideas and I say good, not great, because none of her ideas were original and were just copies of what she has seen other people do. Because you can copy does not make you creative or great. It was clearly evident she would not make a good leader and could not lead a brand or accept any criticism, she believes she is perfect and did not take any advice, even Ivanka’s to adjust her personality, which is a simple task which she refused to achieve. I think Clay was great on the show, but he clearly can not handle pressure based on the way he behaved whenever he was Project Manager. All of Clay’s solo tasks, he was the person to raise the least, so it is very apparent that the large amount of money he raised at the end was not because of his efforts, but the other celebs on his team. When you are picking a rightful leader you have to look at everything and I believe Mr. Trump took into consideration things that we as viewers were not able to evidence.

5. M Mcguire May 22, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Was appalled at Trump for displaying a form of bullying. He set up Clay Aiken knowing he was going to pick Arsenio from the beginning of the show
    !

6. M Mcguire May 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I was shocked how Trump set up Clay Aiken to look like a loseer when it was obvious he was the winner – to me Trump displayed a for of Bullying!!

7. Tommy May 22, 2012 at 6:19 am

It was absolutely disgusting how this show ended. How could you pick Arsenio over Aubrey and then once again pick Arsenio over Clay ????????. I can see the reasoning for Lisas pardoning. How can you raise almost twice the money and lose the finale to a guy who should have raised a half million easy. I honestley think Donald Trump higly underestimated Clays ability to raise money. I dont think Arsenio would have beat any of the last 8 contestants in the final challenge. There is difinately going to be a backlash from people over his final choice and yes I think it came down to who Donald thought he could cash in on. And to make it clear I dont even like Clay Aiken honestly cant stand it when he sings but in all fairness he should beat Arsenio who in point should not have even been in the finale

• rosalyn 2225 May 23, 2012 at 1:58 am

I know I heard Mr.Trump say it was not based on how much money you rasied. Also Aubrey is not a team player make you feel like you have no right to be place on her level.

8. Kay May 22, 2012 at 4:24 am

So very sorry Clay… You got robbed big time!!!
    What was Trumps motive?

9. Margaret Kropf May 22, 2012 at 3:27 am

Alas, here we go again.
    No way should Arsenio have won, and the fact that “The Donald” gave no reason for the win, suggests to me that he had ulterior motives.
    No wonder Trump is universally disliked.
    And all the talk about Magic Johnson and what a great guy he was.
    Oh yeah? I think the man is a slime bag.
    How many women did he have to sleep with before he contracted AIDS.But who’s keeping count?
    Yup,I think old Mr. Bad Haircut was ingratiating himself with the black community.
    Clay, you were robbed, pure and simple.

• Cookie0 May 22, 2012 at 8:00 am

Thank you so much for reminding everyone of Magic Johnson’s attitude when he came out and announced he was HIV positive and added he slept with thousands of women but didn’t let anyone know of his condition. Oh yeah, he’s a real hero. I think they both belong with Trump, I know Clay Aiken doesn’t.

• rosalyn 2225 May 23, 2012 at 2:07 am

answers- can you give a amount of people that dislike and like mr.Trump? (you should count) you dont have to sleep with women to catch aids.(count how many ways) He did mention as to why he choose Arsenio. oh wow the race card may just like you Clay is just pure and simple. Grow up take time out and listen to yourself.

10. gina wright May 22, 2012 at 2:19 am

Congrates to Arsenio Hall. Clay Akins also did a great job. Im
    proud of both of these guys. Great job and I will be watching next season.

11. BHH May 22, 2012 at 12:19 am

Cant believe I wasted all those hours I’ll never get back. What a joke. I was offended by so much from Arsenio, but his foul mouthed “comedy” show on the final challenge took it over the top. Donald Trump is one big commercial. I’m guessing he was paid to pick Arsenio in some lame attempt to renew Hall’s career. The guy wasnt funny 15 years ago and is not funny now. Sorry Clay, you were robbed.

12. Will May 21, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I agree with a lot of the comments about the political expediency of crowning arsenio.
    Trump gets an ass licker host on a late night talk show and ingratiates himself to the African American community all in one fell swoop.
    With Clay or the person who should have won, Aubrey, he gets little or nothing.
    Who’s transparent now?
    Shame on John Rich too for taking down Aubrey with no other reason than her “youth and inexperience.” How stupid is that! it didn’t stop her being the lead performer in almost every task. Duh!

• rosalyn 2225 May 23, 2012 at 2:11 am

You mean if he picked clay Mr Trump would have ingrated in the gay community?

13. Kathy Spada Basto May 21, 2012 at 10:23 pm

It was apparent that Donald Trump had ulterior motives for quite some time and had his eye on Arsenio for several weeks. Clay did win the most money but alas, he lost as project manager one week. They didn’t even have time to analyze and give feedback about the final project-as if it didn’t matter The Donald figured he’d get more mileage from Arsenio. I think that the African American aspect rings true as well.Is Clay being gay have anything to do with getting second place?

• Patty Morosini Hutchins May 21, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Agree with all you said!! I am so bothered by the finale!! But you are correct; at times Arsenio should have been fired, he was not!

14. guardian May 21, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Hey folks, I love all your comments, looks like the outcome has been good for some and painful for many others. I don’t really have an opinion other then the fact that we live in a business world, and though it might appear that Clay should have won, we must use our heads and ask the question within the scope of our own commentary.
    Here is the commentary: Celebrity Apprentice Show is a business; and just like any other business, decisions are made to enhance the brand.
    Now here is the question: What would it profit Donald Trump to pick Clay Aiken’s over Arsenio. I would say, speaking from a business point of view very little. On the other hand, by choosing Arsenio, arguably there appears to be a more substantial upside for the Donald and his brand. Think about it! Trump has pissed of a lot of African Americans over his political positions, especially on the question of Obama’s birth certificate. There is much more here than meets the eye.
    What are your thoughts?

• Tommy May 22, 2012 at 6:23 am

I absolutely never looked at from your angle Makes perfect sense to me now

• Doll May 22, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Trump making a poor choice decision IS a bad business decision. Viewers concerned with fairness/good sense not being followed in his choice of Arsenio Hall, do not like being played, so-to-speak, having watched and gotten invested in the Celebrity Apprentice show all season, only to see that being the BEST player (Clay) mattered not in Trumps decision.

15. Glory May 21, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Donald Trump not only stoled the crown from Clay, He stoled from Children, the money should have gone to the children’s inclussion charity.
    I think the only thing upset views can do about these shows is to stop supporting the channels that host them. People like the Trumps don’t care about rules and fairness. I don’t intent to watch apprentise again nor while I turn on any channel which supports the Trumps foer at least 1 month. There are plenty of other channels to watch.

16. Dana Hollis May 21, 2012 at 8:35 pm

What a joke. Trump showed his partiality to anyone but Clay during many times in his boardroom and Arsenio should have gone long before. He is one of the most unprofessional players in this season. And his penchant to “trumps a**” was obvious at every boardroom. If that is what it took I think that Clay was much too professional to do this. Good luck Trump it will my last time to watch this show.

17. Janet May 21, 2012 at 7:51 pm

OK, I think I have finally calmed down after last night’s fiasco. What bothered me the most was the fact that Trump gave no reason as to why he was picking Arsenio over Clay. Especially with the discrepancy in the amount of money raised. I think Clay comes out the winner even if he didn’t take home the title because the world now knows the true Clay Aiken. And also knows the true Arsenio who unfortunately did not always present a flattering image. If Trump did this for a ratings boost, I think it will back-fire as viewers feel that performance isn’t the criteria that matters.

• Patty Morosini Hutchins May 21, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Agree! Made no sense that they did not give a reason or analise the final challenge! At the end, he talked a lot more to Arsenio. Even most of the other players chose Clay to win. Magic Johnson’s cause gets mega bucks to begin with. Clay didn’t have all the STARS that Arsenio had and yet raised more money from the average CLAYMATE who has respect for Clay and what he does for children!!

18. Flo May 21, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Very disappointed in last night’s Celebrity Apprentice. Looks like it was fixed from the very beginning to let Arsenio win. Seem’s like it will make Trump look good..after all, that is all he cares about. Will never watch Celebrity Apprentice again, or The Arsenio Show. Looks like Celebrity Apprentice will only be a 1 hour show next season. Oh oh, looks like the ratings are slipping. Wonder why?

19. I_hate_cheaters May 21, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I’m happy that Arsenio won because Clay’s accepting Lisa’s donation qualified as douchebaggery of the lowest kind. He should have been disqualified on the spot. Period.

20. L. May 21, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I WILL NEVER WATCH ANOTHER APPRENTICE SHOW AGAIN!!!!!!!

• Boni May 21, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Me either! Was done with AI after Clay unfairly lost and now this. Bye CA!

21. Marianne May 21, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Well – Trump wanted Arsenio to win to bring more star capital to himself and more support from black entertainers. Arsenio knew all the right things to say to give him the ammunition to have an excuse for him to win either way. My guess is that Trump thought Arsenio would bring in more $ than Aiken and make his already chosen contestant easy to crown — but Aiken made more money so he had to use BS to justify his selection. Hall’s charity isn’t inclusive. Magic Johnson said they support inner city minorities — why not all inner city people with HIV/Aids or all people with the condition regardless of where they live. Hall seems to have a big chip on his shoulder and made many misogynist comments. He also made Massa/ Nassa comments. Aiken got screwed over on this one. If he had more to offer Trump, he would have won. Total self-serving political decision.

22. Eliza May 21, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Donald Trump obviously chose Arsenio so that he could somehow profit from Arsenio’s “career” with NBC. Pathetic. I thought celebrity apprentice was about charity, but after this debacle it clearly is not. Clay raised more than double the amount Arsenio did for his charity. Arsenio lost it on Aubrey is a very unflattering way. Clay showed class, humor and intelligence throughout the entire show. Everyone knows Donald Trump is a a megalomaniac and this show just magnifies it. I’m no longer interested in celebrity apprentice because of The Donald’s transparent, phony and desperate attempt to appear charitable. Donald Trump a horrid, horrid man.

• lulu May 21, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I agree & never watched before & definitely won’t watch again or Arsenio’s groveling & whining on his “talk show”. Besides Trump having a massive ego, he is also homophobic.

23. Briana Boyle May 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm

What did Arsenio do to win? Wasn’t obvious to me, except for sucking up to Trump. What was obvious is that Team Clay won the final challenge in every category including Best Event, Most Money Raised, Best Entertainment. Arsenio’s entertainment was more trash than entertainment. Seems odd that the final challenge was mostly overlooked and not discussed except for the money which Team Clay almost doubled Team Arsenio.

• Patty Morosini Hutchins May 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I agree; final challenge was a waste of time since it seemed not to matter. I felt Arsenio was too laid back on most of shows. I was blown away with the choice! I felt all along Mr. Trump was in awe of Arsenio; maybe he’ll have more connections through him than Clay! I was very disappointed.

• Linda Smith May 22, 2012 at 5:10 am

When Clay came in second on American Idol I stopped watching. I am so over Celebrity Apprentice now. Martha Stewart’s version was better anyway. I hope Don, Jr. will not inherit his father’s scowl.

24. Christel Klein May 21, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I have no idea how Arsenio could have won … he really lost his temper over Aubrey – and i mean totally out of control (sure she was a mememememe person but Clay was able to lead her), Arsenio let his team do the work (Aubrey won tasks for him), he kissed Donald T’s ass constantly (and Clay’s the gay one) … what admirable qualities did he show. Sadly, i realize, the fix was in. I thought Donald T. was a better person. Will never watch Arsenio’s show or Donald’s show again … unless Donald pulls a Columbo and states his winner up front. Neither Arsenio or Donald T. showed themselves to be either leaders or a class act. No more wooloverMYeyes again. Sorry about how the show s**** over Patricia Velasquez too.

25. Mary May 21, 2012 at 12:18 pm

What a farce the show was, Arsenio is such a tool and certainly knows how to kiss Trumps butt. Clay was the stronger player through the whole season. The only reason Arsenio won his two tasks was because of Aubrey. Wishing Arseio no success as a host of Miss Universe and as a talk show host. Hope that both flop big time. Will never watch Celebrity Apprentice again. Clay played with integrity, creativity and was an excellent leader, he will prevail and leave Arsenio and Trump in the dust.

26. Joyce Smith May 21, 2012 at 11:59 am

I am happy Donal Trump selected Arsenio Hall. I hope Arsenio Hall keeps his promised to continue to help the HIV cause for children.

Please make sure Arsenio Hall gets this e-mail.

Thanks Donald for your selection.

Joyce B. (MD)

27. Tobias Maxwell May 21, 2012 at 11:47 am

IT LOOKS AS IF TRUMP WAS N MORE INTERESTED IN LAUNCHING ARSENIO’S CAREER THAN IN REWARDING FOR THE BEST PERFORMANCE. WATCHING THE SHOWS LEAD ONE TO BELIEVE THT ARSENIO TOOK THE BACK SEAT IN SEVERAL OF THE TASKS THAT HE LED AND TOOK THE CREDIT FOR WORK HE DID NOT DO. ARSENIO ;MAY GET ANOTHER SHOW OUT OF THIS, HOWEVER HIS LACK OF ABILITIES WILL SOON HAVE HI BEING CANCELD AS BEFORE.

• Cookie0 May 22, 2012 at 8:07 am

And I am definitely looking forward to the cancellation. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Actually I should include Magic, there’s another character. States publicly he slept with thousands of women and never let them know he was HIV positive. He’s a real hero.

We will read your comment immediately so leave a remark!

RSS Guardian Express

• Phoenix Suns Playoff Hopes Ends With Promising Future April 16, 2014
    A year ago, the Phoenix Suns had the worst record in the Western Conference and the fourth worst record in the entire NBA. As a result, not many expected them to have a good season. As a result, the Suns  put in a solid season showcasing they have a promising future, but unfortunately their playoff […]
    Simon Mounsey
  • Is Ebola Virus Getting Under Control? April 16, 2014
    Health experts report that deaths from the recent Ebola outbreak in West Africa are slowing, which is a sign that the latest outbreak of the deadly virus may finally be getting under control. The current outbreak has killed more than 120 people and, unlike previous outbreaks, has spread beyond the forested rural villages into a […]
    Dyanne Weiss
  • Ukraine and the Spillover Effect April 16, 2014
    Worries over Ukraine tend to focus on the very immediate concerns of the conflict. These include potential economic downturns, the increasing influence of Russia in the world, and most obviously, the potential for Ukraine to be invaded aggressively by Russia, among many others. However, these concerns are part of what should be greater worries about […]
    Brett Byers-Lane
  • 100 Schoolgirls Kidnapped by Terrorists: Nigeria April 16, 2014
    Boko Haram Islamist group entered a government secondary school in Nigeria heavily armed, in a night raid and abducted more than 100 schoolgirls. Boko Haram Islamists are a known affiliate of al Qaeda militants in the Sahara. The group has made no statement as of yet after the terrorists kidnapped the 100 schoolgirls. Boko Haram, […]
    Jabar Morarend
  • Clemson Kicks Nephew of NFL Great Jim Kelly off Team April 16, 2014
    Clemson University head coach Dabo Swinney has kicked redshirt sophomore quarterback Chad Kelly, the nephew of former NFL great Jim Kelly, off the team for conduct issues, Swinney announced Monday. According to reports, Kelly has exhibited a pattern of behavior inconsistent with the aim of the Clemson program. The departure of star quarterback Tajh Boyd […]
    Rick Sarlat