Arsenio Hall Trumps Clay Aiken On Celebrity Apprentice

By DiMarkco Chandler

Donald Trump chooses Arsenio Hall over Clay Aiken on Celebrity Apprentice. Perhaps this is the most controversial decision in the history of the show. You could see intensity in his eyes as Trump asked each contestant why they believed he should pick them. Of course, Clay Aiken thought that he had already experienced placing second and practically vowed that it would not happen tonight. Hall countered Clay’s sentiment by reminding Trump that he too had finished second behind the Johnny Carson Show.

The controversy, however, stems from the fact that during their final assignment, Clay raised twice as much as Arsenio. Clay had a right to feel somewhat cheated since, after all, everyone knows that business success is measured in dollars and cents.

Nevertheless, Trump appears to have departed from the traditional playbook by making Arsenio Hall this year’s Celebrity Apprentice winner and subsequently Clay Aiken the loser.

What are your thoughts?

43 Responses to "Arsenio Hall Trumps Clay Aiken On Celebrity Apprentice"

1. Sam   May 24, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Clay Aiken was robbed and his wonderful charity which he founded was robbed of the titel pure and simple. Arsenio and his support to the slimebag Johnson who spread his decease further won. Set-up anyone ? No respect what so ever for Mr Trump and his animal killer sons. Clay you are the moral winner of course.

2. Stephanie   May 24, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Four days after the winner was announced, I finally had time to Google “Why Trump’s decision,” thinking that I must have missed something. What I learned was that most people think as I do that it wasn’t a fair decision. I won’t watch this show again. What a set-up! Clay was robbed again. Shame on you, Mr. Trump!

• Ulf Malmsten   May 24, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Again a strange decision to say the laest by Trump. Of course Clay Aitken should have won; he raised the double amount of money compared to Arsenio Hall and he also arranged a much happier end show than Arsenio Hall. This was again a wrong decision like the firing of Andretti and so on. What the hell is the matter with you Mr Trump ?

3. DIANE TELANDER   May 24, 2012 at 4:06 am

I ALSO WILL NEVER WATCH CELEBRITY APPRENTICE, OR DANCING WITH THE STARS AGAIN. THESE SHOWS REALLY INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE. THEY HAVE BEEN DELETED FROM MY DVR FOREVER.

4. Tina   May 23, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I DO like Arsenio but how convenient that Arsenio got a show in the works only two days after CApp ends with NBC or TBS. Hmmm. So Clay won two tasks (if you count the finale) and Arsenio won two tasks (within the season) which ties them. But Clay raised almost twice the money using so-called ‘nobodys’ and Arsenio couldn’t raise barely over 150k with his heavy hitters. In that alone Clay should have won. Did you hear Adam Carolla’s podcast? He had some interesting things to say about what happened in the final BR that the general public didn’t see. Apparently DT took a poll and almost everyone thought Clay should have won. Keep this in mind, that final BR was filmed in Nov so for 6 months Clay had it in his mind that he could actually win this thing. BS Trump! Were you not liking the titles of ‘C.A. won C.A.’? Or ‘The first ever gay guy wins Celebrity Apprentice!’ You don’t have enough money? You need more? You steal from kids and from a ‘lower’ (well more classy) ranked charity, National Inclusion Project? I thought this was about charity and money than your own ego? Screw you Trump, you lost another viewer. Lets see how well your ratings are next year.

• NTS   May 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I do not believe Aubrey should have won and she should not have made it as far as she has. She had good ideas and I say good, not great, because none of her ideas were original and were just copies of what she has seen other people do. Because you can copy does not make you creative or great. It was clearly evident she would not make a good leader and could not lead a brand or accept any criticism, she believes she is perfect and did not take any advice, even Ivanka’s to adjust her personality, which is a simple task which she refused to achieve. I think Clay was great on the show, but he clearly can not handle pressure based on the way he behaved whenever he was Project Manager. All of Clay’s solo tasks, he was the person to raise the least, so it is very apparent that the large amount of money he raised at the end was not because of his efforts, but the other celebs on his team. When you are picking a rightful leader you have to look at everything and I believe Mr. Trump took into consideration things that we as viewers were not able to evidence.

5. M Mcguire   May 22, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Was appalled at Trump for displaying a form of bullying. He set up Clay Aiken knowing he was going to pick Arsenio from the beginning of the show
    !

6. M Mcguire   May 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I was shocked how Trump set up Clay Aiken to look like a loseer when it was obvious he was the winner – to me Trump displayed a for of Bullying!!

7. Tommy   May 22, 2012 at 6:19 am

It was absolutely disgusting how this show ended. How could you pick Arsenio over Aubrey and then once again pick Arsenio over Clay ????????. I can see the reasoning for Lisas pardoning. How can you raise almost twice the money and lose the finale to a guy who should have raised a half million easy. I honestley think Donald Trump higly underestimated Clays ability to raise money. I dont think Arsenio would have beat any of the last 8 contestants in the final challenge. There is difinately going to be a backlash from people over his final choice and yes I think it came down to who Donald thought he could cash in on. And to make it clear I dont even like Clay Aiken honestly cant stand it when he sings but in all fairness he should beat Arsenio who in point should not have even been in the finale

• rosalyn 2225   May 23, 2012 at 1:58 am

I know I heard Mr.Trump say it was not based on how much money you rasied. Also Aubrey is not a team player make you feel like you have no right to be place on her level.