Hatfields & McCoys A Must See History Channel Premiere That’s the Real McCoy

By DiMarkco Chandler

The “Hatfields and McCoys” three-night mini series premieres this evening and ends Wednesday night on the History Channel, and you can expect violence, sex and a lot of old-fashion drama. The movie is based upon the 28-year feud between William Hatfield and Randall McCoy that began at the end of the civil war in 1865. Kevin Costner plays William (Devil Anse) Hatfield while Randall McCoy will be portrayed by Bill Paxton.

The History Channel series attempts to keep the story consistent with its known history by syncing most of the critical events chronologically. To its credit, a sense of honor, vengeance and justice are foregrounded so that the viewer will get the most comprehensive understanding of cultural values that pervaded the late nineteenth century southern states.

Without giving you too much about this feud, the series will take you on a journey about loyalty and envy that should resonate with anyone keeping in touch with present day events and rhetoric.

I recommend “The Hatfields & McCoys” because it has something for everyone that enjoys, action, drama, romance and an old-fashion fight. It’s the Real McCoy.

7 Responses to "Hatfields & McCoys A Must See History Channel Premiere That’s the Real McCoy"

1. beverley   June 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm

we sat and watched every show; very well done. and the actors were great.’however’ there was very little nudity in this movie,you see more on the beachs in the summer time with your childern then the movie;we all felt it was tastefully done;oh my if all you see is the bare butt of a swimmer. you really need to get out more, as far as the language; thats the way they were back then. it;s worse today and at schools;i don;t like it either but it;s the way the world has gone;alot of people think the show was great and they don;t swear; they are church goer’s; found nothing wrong with it;educate your childern that this is unexceptable and it is only a movie;

2. Chris   June 2, 2012 at 5:07 am

I am surprised to see the notes on language and nudity. We are watching the streaming version from the History Channel website and it must have been edited. No nudity and the cursing has been muted.

3. Carol Henderson   June 1, 2012 at 5:29 am

I thought it was awesome and an accurate and raw portrayal of how early years probably were the acting was excellent…

4. Charles   May 31, 2012 at 5:45 pm

The first episodes are ok except the filthy language
    really was not called for and my wife would no longer watch it. When will they get it that those words could be substituted for others so EVERYONE would enjoy it.

5. Heather   May 31, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Doug-I agree. I was shocked at the nudity as well. In the first night alone we saw three behinds. Not what I expect from the History Channel. Disappointed.

6. Doug Rush   May 29, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Its a shame that such a riviting story and such good actors that as we sat down to watch this series on the history channel that we had to cut the show short because there was so much language! We attempted to watch it through our tv guardian but that did not work so we just turned it OFF. It is getting such rave reviews but it shows how calloused our society has come. Most consider it progress. I’m not sure why with the story and top actors that the film industry feels that they have to fill it with foul language and nudity to get people to watch. I just know that there was 6 more people that would have loved to watch as a family but could not. Are we the only ones left?

7. Belta Freitas   May 29, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I really enjoyed the first part of the Hatfields and McCoy. It keeped me glued to the TV last night Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton were amazing. They are wonderful actors. I love the old fashion courting, and the love scene with Hatfield when he returned from the war after he deserted his company was amazing!!!! I love watching TV history. Great Job!