Phillip Phillips wins American Idol 2012 over Jessica Sanchez

Fantasia and Joshua Ledet tore up the stage, but tonight was all about Phillip Phillips

By DiMarkco Chandler and Dock Walls

Well, it’s official, the fans have chosen Phillip Phillips over Jessica Sanchez. Now that the proverbial fat lady has sung, like the decision or not, you might as well get used to it. It’s irreversible: Phillip Phillips is this year’s American Idol winner.

Now, don’t cry for Jessica Sanchez for, by all indications, she will be in the spotlight for years to come. It’s not bad to be the American Idol runner up, and here is why.

1. Jessica is only sixteen years old and, although she has performed on “Showtime at the Apollo” and was seen on the first season of “America’s Got Talent”, her performance and vocal skills will continue to develop. Eventually, she will have a superfluous, extraordinary voice, presence, good looks and musicianship.

2. She’s attractive and some day she may even be a bombshell;

3. If you closely listen to what the judges are actually saying about these two finalist, it’s obvious they have high regard for Sanchez;

4.  Last, but not at all least, while Sanchez might one day be a Great vocalist (right now she is very good), at times she seems to show her age by over singing. Perhaps that is because she challenges herself over a broad range of songs;

Conversely, the judges have made it clear that Phillip Phillips has a brand of commercial appeal that is ready for the big stage. But don’t take my word for it. Here is a summary of what they have said about Phillips: “Dude I love that song, I love the production, Everything about that was perfect;” “That was a Phillip song and there is nothing on the radio like that;” “By virtue of your vulnerability and style you have made the world your home.”

Interestingly enough, Phillips is the only American Idol contestant who has never been up for elimination. He was the first to make it through the entire series with that distinction. I repeat, the first!

Say what you want, dream what you will, tonight belonged to Phillip Phillips.

Long live the American Idol winner 2012.

95 Responses to Phillip Phillips wins American Idol 2012 over Jessica Sanchez

1. Brenda Vandiver May 2, 2013 at 5:32 am

I really loved Phill. I looked at him to be a guy as ( I AM WHO I AM ) I really love people like that. He has a great voice too. COUNTRY BOYS CAN SERVIVE. I don’t know if he is a country boy But / I love him as a person . HE IS A VERY ( SO COOL GUY ) in my book. Jessica is very fantastic to. She will make it. It was a very close Ty. She is GREAT. I wish both a Great Life & Keep doing what God gave you. Good luck to both.

2. jojoa April 5, 2013 at 9:04 am

horny young girls voted for pp2. THAT’S ALL …

3. Glen May 31, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I believe David Cook nor runner-up David Archuleta were ever in the bottom 3. That season, however, it would have been just as easy to accept DA as the winner because of all the moments they had throughout the show. Sad to say, for most seasons, more often than not the ones who didn’t win prove to be more successful than the winners. All the best to Jessica and Phillip.

4. Denise May 28, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Oh, my…. To those of you who are basically illiterate, your points of view come across as uneducated as your attempts to express them in print…… and its very irritating, especially with spell-check available. Too bad there isn’t a “brain-check” for dummies…. What’s not surprising is that most of the “dummies” on this blog were Jessica fans….. how appropriate.

• Denise May 28, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I had a “typo” myself, but at least I’m smart enough to be aware of my error. Please change “its” to it’s….

5. Claire May 24, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Jessica is the True WINNER!!! the real STAR!!! than’x AMERICA for turning down JESSICA she’s even more Famous and Hollywood Star of the messed & Drama of AI. Your a new STAR of the WORLD!!! i can’t wait to buy her 1st recording CD.

6. Claire May 24, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Jessica is the true WINNER!!!! the True American STAR!!! can’t wait to buy her 1st recording CD than’x America for letting down Jessica Now ~ she’s even more Famous because of the messed and Drama of AI good thing… and CONGRATULATIONS the New American IDOL “JESSICA SANCHEZ” the New STAR of the World!!!

Quantcast