Simple to make and delicious, this pasta makes a perfect week-night meal for the whole family.
1.5 lb. bowtie pasta
½ cup julienne cut sundried tomatoes, marinated in olive oil
2 jars of 15oz Alfredo sauce (garlic or sundried tomato flavors if so inclined.)
14oz can of artichoke hearts, quartered
2tbs. finely minced garlic
¼ cup finely chopped basil and oregano
1. Cook pasta according to packaging. While waiting for the water to boil, fry bacon in a deep-sided skillet.
2. Drain bacon on paper towels and pour grease out, leaving a thin coat of bacon drippings in the pan.
3. Put the pan on medium-high heat and add garlic, sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Cook until garlic is lightly browned.
4. Add alfredo sauce and herbs. Heat sauce until lightly bubbling.
5. Add bacon and pasta to the sauce. Cook two more minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Serve with black pepper and grated parmesan to taste.