By DiMarkco Chandler

Creflo Dollar arrested? He was chastising his daughter; in other words, he struck her. Was she physically scarred? Was she beat up? Okay, so we learn that Dollar was disciplining his 15-year-old child, who, from reports, was upset because daddy refused to allow her to go to some party. Now don’t forget, she’s a 15-year-old.

Here is the problem: Her life was not threatened. She was not beat up; she had all of her teeth, no cuts or bruises, just an upset 15-year-old, disappointed because daddy won’t let her go to the party. Now where I come from, “That’s a damn shame! A father arrested for administering physical punishment to his 15-year-old daughter, who happens to challenge his authority in a house where he pays the electricity, mortgage, phone bill, water bill, buys the furniture, fills the refrigerator with food and beverages and pays the clothing, Internet and cable; did I leave anything out? Who called the police? Don’t tell me that she used her cell phone, no not the cell phone, the one daddy pays for. Don’t tell me that. The next thing you’ll be telling me is that they booked daddy and took him to jail; and that’s exactly what happened.

Now I’m not a Dollar fan. I abhor what he teaches and would not recommend anyone to listen to his teaching, but those are my personal beliefs. This incident is of public concern. Now get this only because it involves an arrest of someone that was engaged in handling a private matter. Do I need to say more?

When did the raising of our children that we give birth to and are responsible for and our choice of mild discipline become a public matter? In other words, we can’t spank our kids.

11 Responses to "Megachurch pastor and televangelist Creflo Dollar Arrested for disciplining 15-year-old daughter"

1. Watuwa Kevin   June 21, 2012 at 7:15 am

I really wonder where the world is headed! You read comments and see sheer stupidity in motion. What really happened to our moral values? What should one do if one cannot talk sense into a child? What other means should one employ to enforce good deeds and morals into today’s kids. We got so much crap around us. Our kids are so exposed to danger; the media, the internet, name it folks. Do we as fathers still have our rights to? A right to mentor our children, or it’s basically putting food on the table? They are our DNA and we have the right to teach them, guide them, mentor them….for their tomorrow. God bless you Rafaella, my daughter in whom i am well pleased.

2. Roy   June 15, 2012 at 4:05 am

I love it when black men play the Victim and the black women always run to their rescue, black men got their black women so brain washed into to believing that getting your behind beat by them is perfectly ok. Hell black women just want a man in their home, they been calling their women out of their name from as far back as I can remember. It starts when the daughters are young, and I hear that alot of the little girls are molested by their faddy’s or family members. So keep beating and choking your little black girls. White girls grow up to beat the kind of women every race likes. We white men adore and charish ou women. Glad I’m white

3. Mary   June 13, 2012 at 1:56 am

I am with pastor dollar. God says honor your
    Father and mother.

4. Mckenzie   June 12, 2012 at 11:52 am

I support Pastor Creflo Dollar. How can I discipline my child knowing that I could get thrown in Jail. First, curfew hours for a 15 year old girl to go to a party at 1:00am means the parent is responsible until that child returns home safely. Secondly why should she go if they say she makes bad grades. Third, as long as these kids know they can call the police anytime the parent tries to discipline,gives the kids the authority. God knows some laws are going to have to change. Pastor the world knows you and Taffi love your children and would do anything in the world to protect them. Prayfully your children will understand the magnitude of what has happened. Good for you Pastor, STAND until you win them back. THIS TOO SHALL PASS!! come on, you know this is spiritual warfare and together you and your daughters shall victorously win.

5. Susie   June 11, 2012 at 12:08 am

I do listen to Pastor Dollars teachings. I have a daughter that was rebellious at age 14 and she moved to live with her dad because she knew he would not discipline her. His theory was to let her go and get it out of her system….Guess what, I got sued for child support got to pay to watch it unfold for 14 long heartbreaking years. Pure rebellion to God and all authority! As of now she is in her 10th year of prison for intoxicated manslaughter and has 8 years left on her sentence. You name, she did before she finally killed someone. Pastor Dollar I support you in trying to discipline your daughter. We are praying for you and your family.

6. Hayzeus   June 10, 2012 at 3:28 am

So if I pay utilities and put food in the fridge can I beat my wife too? Awesome!

• Melvin   June 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm

It is comments like these that purport the foolishness that has taken place. I don’t even know Creflo Dollar and I’m really not concerned regarding his preaching or pastoring. If a 15 year old child/adolescent needs to be disciplined, let their parent do that. Comparing that to beating a wife, really?

7. Elijah   June 9, 2012 at 11:42 am

Acts-10:34 says “members of your family shall be your worst foes”.. This is a prophecy fulfilled! A 15yr old rebellious & disrespectful daughter calls the police on her Dad for restraining her from attending a party where God-knows what would have happened. Where is the world coming to! Good (discipline) is now called evil & evil good! No wonder kids are shooting each other in schools, no wonder sniffer dogs, armed guards & searches are now the norm rather than the exception in public schools. I stand firmly with Pasto Cleflo Dollar! He is an uncompromising man of God who teaches the absolute truth of the Bible without fear or favor. I love His preachings & thorougly enjoy listening to him.

8. living holy   June 9, 2012 at 4:05 am

I am with Pastor Dollar beat that devil down. In the christian home the devil
    don’t get no victory.

9. Elaine   June 9, 2012 at 3:48 am

I so agree with this article. I know of a case where the high school called mom because her son was being disrespectful. Mom gets to the school, and the boy becomes disrespectful to mom. Mom slaps the son. School administrators call the police. Mom says, ” the next time my son acts out or is disrespectful, don’t call me, call the police.

My thought is really, you call the police on mom when she’s trying to support the school? The single mom takes off from work because the school calls, and you call the police on her for slapping her child who is verbally disrespectful? Did i mention this was a big guy, not a little wimp. What is this world coming to? Maybe that’s why there are so many issues with kids getting out of control. You go Creflo, run your house!

10. Dirk   June 9, 2012 at 2:46 am

In a related story a preacher was found guilty of teaching his congregation that it was ok to use a rod or a wooden spoon to spank your child. Pastor Caminiti recieved a 2 year sentence for his sermon. Wasnt there an ammendment to a Constitution or some such thing???……….the United States Bill of Rights. Removed due to lack of intrest.