Recently, Autism has been labeled as an “auto-immune” type syndrome. According to a New York Times article, fully 1/3 or more of children with Autism are suspected to have developed the disease in-utero as an inflammatory syndrome of sorts, similar to fibromyalgia and many other syndromes.

With Autism awareness in its infancy, and diagnosis of cases from years ago not evident, can a correlation between Autism and many of today’s auto-immune syndromes, like fibromyalgia be made?

Could people with these syndromes have been born with Autism, especially when the newer diagnoses of this disease are applied?  Read on for more information on the different types of syndromes similar to Fibromyalgia.

If you have fibromyalgia, chances are good that you also have chronic fatigue syndrome and may have other autoimmune conditions as well. In fact, many in the scientific and medical communities believe that fibromyalgia symptoms and chronic fatigue are actually different manifestations of the same disease.  You see, fibromyalgia syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, myofascial pain syndrome, multiple chemical sensitivity syndrome, and many other conditions, form a cluster of overlapping syndromes that accompany fibromyalgia.

Muhammad Yunus, M.D. of the University of Illinois, College of Medicine, and Nobel Peace Prize winner… has coined a name for this grouping of medical conditions… “Dysregulation Spectrum Syndrome” (DSS). Dr. Yunus uses the term “dysregulation” to mean “bio-physiological abnormalities, possibly in the body’s neurological, hormonal and chemical systems…”leading to negative immune system responses. He claims that most patients have more than one of these syndromes. Here’s a partial list of dysregulation syndrome illnesses and conditions:

• Fibromyalgia Syndrome – FMS
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – CFS
• Migraines and Tension Headaches
• Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome – MCS
• Myofascial Pain Syndrome – MPS
• Temporomandibular Joint disorder – TMJD
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome – IBS
• Periodic Limb Movements of Sleep – PLMS
• Restless Leg Syndrome – RLS
• Primary Dysmenahorrea
• Irritable Bladder Syndrome

Are You Suffering With A Dysregulation Syndrome Like Fibromyalgia Symptoms?

Dysregulation syndromes like fibromyalgia symptoms, seem to come in clusters or “packs.” Life is more than just impaired for those that suffer from these illnesses… it can be miserable … but it doesn’t have to be. Besides the medications that are currently in use for treatment of these various conditions (many with undesirable side-effects), there is a natural way to treat these illnesses. If you would like to know how to rid yourself of this type of debilitating pain and misery naturally … the answer is simple.

As a fibromyalgia survivor, I discovered a natural treatment and have been symptom-and medication-free since I started using it. I improved my general health through cellular nutrition. Medical specialists including the American Medical Association, agree that by feeding our bodies at the cellular level… our bodies become able to replace damaged tissues with healthy ones. This rebuilding process can greatly reduce or even eliminate and symptoms of virtually any dysregulation syndrome (like fibromyalgia symptoms), or another autoimmune disease. For information about cellular nutrition and the natural treatment of any dysregulation syndrome like fibromyalgia symptoms, contact me now by clicking on one of the links below.

Reported by Carol Ryland
Contributor: Jim Donahue

Carol Ryland is the President of a successful health and wellness business, dedicated to educating and mentoring individuals in the natural treatment of illnesses. Writer of many articles on fibromyalgia and related topics, she is a fibromyalgia survivor with a deep personal understanding of the syndrome and its devastating effects.

9 Responses to "Autism and Fibromyalgia: Can they be Linked as an “Auto-Immune” Disorder Originating In-Utero?"

1. dawn lockwood fleischer   September 25, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I also have fibromyalgia and CFS and my son has autism. Maybe there is a link. I found a dr who says the rise in autism is due to things like CFS and several other things like viruses and depending on how his blood work comes back, he can possibly even cure my son.if interested call dr.Goldberg in tarzana California. I can be reached on Facebook dawn Lockwood fleischer. Good luck.

2. Lulibelle   June 26, 2013 at 6:50 am

Hang on, I just read it was to do with too many blood vessels in the hands of sufferers. Clutching at straws again?

3. jennifer   June 26, 2013 at 6:22 am

that’s been my experience as well. Candida overgrowth is at the root of all disease… a ‘systemic yeast’ infection. we did the raw food diet and cleansed.

4. Nicolet   June 25, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I have all of those things and then some. ITS CALLED CANDIDA OVERGROWTH AND LEAKY GUT SYNDROME!!!!!!!!!!! Our immune systems can’t hold it together anymore. Our bodies are literally ‘toxic’.
    Please do your homework and stop following pointless articles the medical community supports that give no REAL information, but merely meandering speculation about all these ‘mysterious’ syndromes/diseases. I feel they will eventually start to put it together but it will take a LONG time to listen the the ‘natural-minded’ doctors….regular doctors don’t make any money by agreeing with them or by not prescribing you loads of prescription drugs. I do realise that some prescription meds are very nessesary though.

I have put all my health problems into remission simply by commiting to the Paleo diet and taking natural supplements!!!!!!!!!!! Several years ago I was about to fill about my disability paper work because I could not work and could barely take care of myself, let alone my family. I am now looking forward to having a LARGE family! 🙂 And yes, my children have some stomach issues as well but they are THRIVING on the diet and are happy that they have a happy mama! And no, neither of them have autism. My heart goes out to those who are affected by this.
    And I’m hoping that by staying with this lifestyle that my sweet girls will not have to experience Fibromyalgia, multiple food allergies/sensitivies, Crohn’s disease, Raynaud’s, Chronic fatigue or Polycystic ovarian disease. We will see….
    By the way ladies, I can get pregnant in the drop of a hat….take THAT PCOS! 🙂 My hormones are slowly trying to balance themselves.

Blessings

5. maryjane bunker   June 25, 2013 at 8:29 am

6. Brenda Shearer   June 25, 2013 at 2:01 am

Makes you wonder. I have had fibromyalgia for a long time. When pregnant with my wee boy, they thought after my 20week bloods there was something wrong with him. Albeit after more tests he was found to be “fine”,
    However, after a lot of problems at school my son was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder/aspergers when he was around 7, he is now 10 and goes to a school with a special provision.
    I have thought for a long time there was some kind of connection. This above makes me wonder!!!

7. jennifer   June 24, 2013 at 9:39 pm

in many cases… and I know this personally… autism is really systemic candida or candidiasis in the brain. the behaviors are due to the symptoms of candida ie: toe walking due to numbness and tingling in the legs/feet, hand flapping due to the same in the hands/arms, ear slapping due to ringing in the ears. and it can be reversed with cleanses.

8. Cheryl   June 23, 2013 at 11:59 pm

This is interesting as I though she was writing about me, hope you have a true attainable information.

9. Adrienne Dellwo   August 28, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Actually, there’s no evidence that fibromyalgia is an autoimmune disease. So far, researchers haven’t found any autoantibodies connected to it, and in most cases inflammation is low or attributable to overlapping conditions. The immune system is dysregulated in many cases, but it doesn’t appear to be autoimmunity.