hiv-aids 2

Read my latest article about HIV/AIDS here: http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/doctors-at-brigham-and-womens-hospital-cure-2-men-of-the-hiv-virus/

Have you ever experienced unprotected sex? Are you engaging in high-risk behavior such as sharing needles during intravenous drug use? If so, you have probably been exposed to the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). And if you have tested positive for HIV, it simply means you have now acquired the HIV which is the cause of AIDS.

The early signs of being infected show differently in men and generally happen within two to six weeks, after becoming infected with HIV. This is known as the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, which damages an individual’s immune system. The early HIV symptoms can be determined by these following signs:

Sign 1: Fever

Fever is one of the most common early HIV symptoms. It occurs both in men and women. This particular symptom generally appears soon after the infection. It will happen in the first two to four weeks, and gradually dissipates, much like any other flu-like symptom. The fever symptoms are normally mild in nature and raise the body’s temperature to around 100 to 101 degrees F.

Sign 2: Headache

Most HIV infected men will get the fever with periodic mild to moderate headaches. These headaches will appear like any  normal headache you have experienced in the past.

Sign 3: Swollen Glands

If a man is infected, his lymph nodes will be swollen. These glands are present in the neck, armpit or groin and would gradually become swollen, raised and firm. In general, this swelling or inflammation will not present, with pain or discomfort to the gland. Take note:  this symptom has been shown to be mistaken for other illnesses before, and caution is advised. If you are not confident in your doctors prognosis, it would be wise to get a second opinion.

Sign 4: Fatigue

An infected man can also experience a dramatic change in their energy level or stamina. They can become inexplicably fatigued or tired, more than any usual activity would dictate.

Sign 5: Rash

Another early symptom of HIV is a rash. It usually presents in the form of a general rash that appears as patches of skin, that are gradually discolored from other areas of the body. The rash may show raised vesicles and simply fade away within a week to a month after it first developed.

If any these signs have appeared to you, the best suggestion here is to get yourself tested. The idea of being tested for HIV Infection may be frightening, but the HIV Testing itself doesn’t make you HIV-positive or HIV-negative as result. It’s very critical not only for your own health but also to prevent the transmission and spread of the virus to others.

Reported by Jim Donahue

Read my latest article about HIV/AIDS here: http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/doctors-at-brigham-and-womens-hospital-cure-2-men-of-the-hiv-virus/

Let’s all work together and Get To Zero.

32 Responses to HIV and AIDS Symptoms in Men: Five Telltale Signs that you may be Infected with the HIV Virus

1. dKnight January 3, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I am having cramps on my hand, feet, backbone and they go away, had almost 2 weeks of diarrhea and
    Stopped until I took some pills… right now I feel like throwing up and I recently
    Took Infection pill (EMBATRIM 480), feeling fatigue and a tingling in my brain… I don’t experience no cough, flu-like fever, skin rash or swollen glands in armpit, groin …. am I positive ?

2. cos November 19, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I slept with a lady,she is fat and nice looking.i used a condom but later on a man who was infected i had was loving her and now am doubting whether i have HIV/AIDS.

3. Evans90 November 18, 2013 at 3:00 am

Good day. Sorry to say, I meet a bar girl unfortunately i had sex with her with out condom once,after having the sex i took 48hours ant-HIV prevention drugs, then i had the sex with her on September 4. i went for hiv test the same september it was negative, i did another hiv test on october it was negative, and november 4 i did again another test in two clinic all came out negative,which it total of 64 days after having unprotected sex with her. but the worst of it all the lady i had sex with i called her to meet me in the clinic i have hot body,cold and itching inside my vain, after i had a dream when i am talking about Hiv- aids with my mom and friends, so i remembered i had sex with her.unprotected. so i have to visit the doctor, then after she was test positive OMG. i was so shock even up to this moment, since i dont have any of this hiv symptom, such a rash,cough, headache,sore throat, high fever, my fever tested was 37c. but the doctor said i have low white blood cell. that i have Dengue, then i was treated after two days my white blood cell is normal again, but how come my partner is positive they did her all kinds of Hiv test, Elisa,RNA seros all came out positives. so i calculate from the date we had sex up to 62 days i am still negative, can it be the hiv prevention drugs did it or the virus it not yet in my blood or i cant contact it with once having sex with her. at september i had urine infection came out positive, ask the doctor to include the Hiv test on it, i treated it then did another test came out negative, but i am still nervous. i want to know how many days or month can one contact hiv after having unprotected sex, after the treatment of dengue now. i have ask the laboratory test of hepatitis A,B,C.. including jaundice. all STD infection test gonorrhea,syphilis all negative but still afraid, today,17 November i started having swollen gland, itching skin,headach, no flu,i skin allergy and shaving, neck pain fever,cold, could this be the symptoms? because i did endoscopy, i am treating H.pilori infection, and i read about the drug reaction. could i want an advices urgently please

• evans90 November 20, 2013 at 5:01 am

today i went for another test and it came out negative, the doctor said nothing is wrong with me after 78 days

4. chris October 24, 2013 at 11:50 am

okay.. i had sex with a woman whom i don”t know if she is hiv+ or not i went and get tested 39 days later then again 90 days later…… im experiencing blistering on my skin since i had sex with dis woman im planing to get tested again…. is blistering a sign of hiv.im worrie

5. Manash August 22, 2013 at 5:57 am

how to know Is It Aids Or Not In Early Stage…

6. Thaman Rawot August 22, 2013 at 5:50 am

Before 3 Weeks I Had a Sex With a Prostitute.I Used Condom But Not Properly, I Don’t Know If she Is Suffering From Aids.How Is It Possible To Know That I Am Suffering From Aids.

7. Mona August 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Before having sex u should do research before having sexual encounters. Especially if u don’t know anything or how u can get get an std. Take sex ED or ask questions rather than exploring and making a choice u will end up regretting .

8. Mona August 11, 2013 at 3:19 pm

If u have unprotected sex and did not ejaculate in the person u will still catch the HIV. Once exposed to it u will have it cause of ur body fluid being in contact with each other. So if u have unprotected sex and don’t ejaculate in the peron, u will still have HIV. For those who are sleeping with people and know they have HIV. Ur partner will have the virus cause u aint using proctection.

9. rocky July 25, 2013 at 7:21 am

I had sex with a prostitute with protection in jan 2013 after six month I got tested for hiv western blot test and the value came as 0.14 do I need to worry still

10. Juris Mikko Lontiong June 15, 2013 at 6:25 am

I have been an unprotected sex but didnt release a sperm can I acquired an HIV virus?

• Tonnya Marisse June 26, 2013 at 1:13 am

yes- pulling out doesn’t protect you from sexually transmitted disease

• Gabriel mohapi August 8, 2013 at 3:37 am

The condom broke, she is giv positive, I immediately pulled out and wash with water, what are my chances of getting hiv?

11. trini May 29, 2013 at 4:29 am

i have a friend named samuel ali he likes boys and wants to know if he is hiv positive

12. tc April 22, 2013 at 8:23 am

I m a health work,and recently a pricked my self,the needle priced through the cap and pricked me,is there any chance tht I casn be positive,patient status unknown this happen on march 26 2013

• Tonnya Marisse June 26, 2013 at 1:15 am

If you came into contact with blood covered needle belonging to anyone but yourself, you need to go get tested for Hepatitis and HIV, your doctor may add other screening to your list. but it is better to know if you have been exposed, and it is your duty as a health worker to report it and keep your health status transparent.

13. Shibo Agarashibo April 16, 2013 at 6:32 am

I am afraid I might be HIV posititve.I made unprotected sex June 2012. I did HIV test twice. The first one was negative (in Feb 2013). The second one is indeterminant ( end of March 2013). I mean it says Positive test is lebelled reactive but it does not distinguish between the P24 antigen and HIV-1 & HIV-2 antibody. Now I am really scarred. Does it mean I am HIV positive?

14. steve April 2, 2013 at 4:54 am

i had unprotected sex with an unknown lady but did not release the sperm. Will i get HIV.

15. Nikz April 2, 2013 at 12:10 am

my god help me

16. vijay March 21, 2013 at 6:07 am

I have tested after unprotected sex (3 months) and i found negative. ‘ll it be possible to change as positive in feature.

• Tonnya Marisse June 26, 2013 at 1:23 am

yes, the virus can stay in your system for some years before showing in a test. find more information here

17. mercy March 6, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I have tested positive since 2007 , I have a new boyfriend almost 2 yrs now and had refused to use a condom and am afraid of disclosing my status to him what will i do?can he positive now?please help i love him alot.

• josh March 23, 2013 at 6:54 pm

If you really do love him than you need to be truthful and tell him. How would you feelif something happened to him because you didn’t tellhim the truth? Let him know the truth.

• crystal April 25, 2013 at 5:10 am

You need to be honest with him and if you dont, you can be persecuted now for infecting your boyfriend.. my boyfriend is HIV but he told me about it, and we are now using protection for my sake.

• Can May 11, 2013 at 3:53 pm

You need to tell him. Do you want him to get infected?

• Tonnya June 26, 2013 at 1:17 am

18. caleb March 5, 2013 at 8:08 am

i need a help am HIV positive

19. caleb March 5, 2013 at 7:57 am

i want to know what to do am positive please i need a help

20. john February 24, 2013 at 11:04 am

Why do you have to be such a prick douche bag?!

21. jerkface February 20, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Higher chance of a false positive. Also learn to spell you idiot.

22. lissy February 13, 2013 at 6:22 am

I tested pisitive resently n iv been sleeping wirh him for the past two years without protection. And he is negative. How possible is that?

We will read your comment immediately so leave a remark!

RSS Guardian Express

• ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Retiring From Acting April 16, 2014
    Note: This contains spoilers for those who have not seen April 13’s episode of Game of Thrones. Do not read if you do not want to be spoiled! One of the Game of Thrones actors has decided it is time to retire from acting. It likely is not anybody most would expect, either. And it […]
    Alexandria Ingham
  • Airplane Passengers Tackle Man Trying to Open Exit Door Mid-flight April 16, 2014
    Southwest Airlines Flight 722 passengers performed a heroic act on April 14, when they stopped a man from opening an exit door on the airplane mid-flight from Chicago Midway International Airport to Sacramento International Airport. Witnesses say the man appeared to be intoxicated and was attempting to jump from the airplane. Some passengers noticed that […]
    Christina.T
  • Stanley Cup Playoffs Preview: Dallas Stars April 16, 2014
    The Dallas Stars are likely the most overlooked team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The reasoning behind it is simple: It took the team until the final weekend of the season to clinch a playoff spot. They are the underdog of underdogs heading into playoffs, but as the saying goes: Every dog has its day. […]
    Jonathan Gardner
  • Conjoined Twins Separated and Finally Leaving Hospital April 16, 2014
    Conjoined twins, Owen and Emmett Ezell, born July 2013 and separated in August at six weeks old, will finally leave the Dallas hospital, where they have been gradually improving since the surgery. They will not be going home quite yet, their move this week, will be to a rehabilitation center to continue to recover and […]
    Twanna Harps
  • Lindsay Lohan Relapses and No One Is Surprised April 16, 2014
    Lindsay Lohan has relapsed and no one is surprised. According to Radar Online, the troubled star was seen drinking a vodka soda while at Coachella earlier this week. It is the same news for the star, as she has been down this path five times already. The 27-year-old actress recently completed her sixth stint in […]
    Alexandria Ingham