hiv-aids 2

Read my latest article about HIV/AIDS here: http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/doctors-at-brigham-and-womens-hospital-cure-2-men-of-the-hiv-virus/

Have you ever experienced unprotected sex? Are you engaging in high-risk behavior such as sharing needles during intravenous drug use? If so, you have probably been exposed to the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). And if you have tested positive for HIV, it simply means you have now acquired the HIV which is the cause of AIDS.

The early signs of being infected show differently in men and generally happen within two to six weeks, after becoming infected with HIV. This is known as the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, which damages an individual’s immune system. The early HIV symptoms can be determined by these following signs:

Sign 1: Fever

Fever is one of the most common early HIV symptoms. It occurs both in men and women. This particular symptom generally appears soon after the infection. It will happen in the first two to four weeks, and gradually dissipates, much like any other flu-like symptom. The fever symptoms are normally mild in nature and raise the body’s temperature to around 100 to 101 degrees F.

Sign 2: Headache

Most HIV infected men will get the fever with periodic mild to moderate headaches. These headaches will appear like any  normal headache you have experienced in the past.

Sign 3: Swollen Glands

If a man is infected, his lymph nodes will be swollen. These glands are present in the neck, armpit or groin and would gradually become swollen, raised and firm. In general, this swelling or inflammation will not present, with pain or discomfort to the gland. Take note:  this symptom has been shown to be mistaken for other illnesses before, and caution is advised. If you are not confident in your doctors prognosis, it would be wise to get a second opinion.

Sign 4: Fatigue

An infected man can also experience a dramatic change in their energy level or stamina. They can become inexplicably fatigued or tired, more than any usual activity would dictate.

Sign 5: Rash

Another early symptom of HIV is a rash. It usually presents in the form of a general rash that appears as patches of skin, that are gradually discolored from other areas of the body. The rash may show raised vesicles and simply fade away within a week to a month after it first developed.

If any these signs have appeared to you, the best suggestion here is to get yourself tested. The idea of being tested for HIV Infection may be frightening, but the HIV Testing itself doesn’t make you HIV-positive or HIV-negative as result. It’s very critical not only for your own health but also to prevent the transmission and spread of the virus to others.

Reported by Jim Donahue

Read my latest article about HIV/AIDS here: http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/doctors-at-brigham-and-womens-hospital-cure-2-men-of-the-hiv-virus/

Let’s all work together and Get To Zero.

33 Responses to HIV and AIDS Symptoms in Men: Five Telltale Signs that you may be Infected with the HIV Virus

1. Denise August 26, 2014 at 6:29 am

INSANITY IS WHEN WE KEEP DOING THE SAMETHING EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS. LETS STOP THE INSANITY.

2. dKnight January 3, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I am having cramps on my hand, feet, backbone and they go away, had almost 2 weeks of diarrhea and
    Stopped until I took some pills… right now I feel like throwing up and I recently
    Took Infection pill (EMBATRIM 480), feeling fatigue and a tingling in my brain… I don’t experience no cough, flu-like fever, skin rash or swollen glands in armpit, groin …. am I positive ?

3. cos November 19, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I slept with a lady,she is fat and nice looking.i used a condom but later on a man who was infected i had was loving her and now am doubting whether i have HIV/AIDS.

4. Evans90 November 18, 2013 at 3:00 am

Good day. Sorry to say, I meet a bar girl unfortunately i had sex with her with out condom once,after having the sex i took 48hours ant-HIV prevention drugs, then i had the sex with her on September 4. i went for hiv test the same september it was negative, i did another hiv test on october it was negative, and november 4 i did again another test in two clinic all came out negative,which it total of 64 days after having unprotected sex with her. but the worst of it all the lady i had sex with i called her to meet me in the clinic i have hot body,cold and itching inside my vain, after i had a dream when i am talking about Hiv- aids with my mom and friends, so i remembered i had sex with her.unprotected. so i have to visit the doctor, then after she was test positive OMG. i was so shock even up to this moment, since i dont have any of this hiv symptom, such a rash,cough, headache,sore throat, high fever, my fever tested was 37c. but the doctor said i have low white blood cell. that i have Dengue, then i was treated after two days my white blood cell is normal again, but how come my partner is positive they did her all kinds of Hiv test, Elisa,RNA seros all came out positives. so i calculate from the date we had sex up to 62 days i am still negative, can it be the hiv prevention drugs did it or the virus it not yet in my blood or i cant contact it with once having sex with her. at september i had urine infection came out positive, ask the doctor to include the Hiv test on it, i treated it then did another test came out negative, but i am still nervous. i want to know how many days or month can one contact hiv after having unprotected sex, after the treatment of dengue now. i have ask the laboratory test of hepatitis A,B,C.. including jaundice. all STD infection test gonorrhea,syphilis all negative but still afraid, today,17 November i started having swollen gland, itching skin,headach, no flu,i skin allergy and shaving, neck pain fever,cold, could this be the symptoms? because i did endoscopy, i am treating H.pilori infection, and i read about the drug reaction. could i want an advices urgently please

• evans90 November 20, 2013 at 5:01 am

today i went for another test and it came out negative, the doctor said nothing is wrong with me after 78 days

5. chris October 24, 2013 at 11:50 am

okay.. i had sex with a woman whom i don”t know if she is hiv+ or not i went and get tested 39 days later then again 90 days later…… im experiencing blistering on my skin since i had sex with dis woman im planing to get tested again…. is blistering a sign of hiv.im worrie

Quantcast