After being stranded 200 feet in the air riders are finally safe at Texas State Fair

After being stranded 200 feet in the air riders are finally safe at Texas State Fair following a loss of power to the swing ride late Friday night.

The Stratosphere, a 200-foot-tall swing ride, became stuck late Friday night after reportedly losing power on the tallest portable ride at the State Fair of Texas.

The attraction quickly came to a halt shortly after 9 p.m. Friday night, stranding approximately 24 riders in their basket swings.

The Dallas Fire Rescue Urban Search and Rescue Team was called in to bring each of the riders down safely. Crews from both the Dallas Police Department and DFR were on the scene.

There have been no reports of any injuries due to the malfunction.

CBSDFW.COM contacted Jeanne McDonough, listed as one of the owners of Sky Attractions, the company that maintains the ride and assembles it at several fairs across the country.

She had no comment and hung up when asked if this ride is safe.

A similar incident happened earlier this year on the Stratosphere ride at the Minnesota State Fair and the Wisconsin State Fair.

The incident comes the same day that a fire burned the State Fair’s iconic Big Tex, the mascot was celebrating his 60th year at the fair. An electrical malfunction in his right leg caused the metal-framed giant cowboy to go up in flames Friday morning.

Its a time to say a solemn pray as not one injury was reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.