Mayan Predictions of Doom: See What’s Happening to Our Planet?

volcanic eruptionIt looks like our planet is headed down the slippery slope envisioned by the predictions of many, the Mayans, Nostradamus, the Aztecs, the Hopi Indians and more.

The Mayan Long Count calendar ends on December 21, 2012, and predictions have been made for that to be the day that the world ends. Now I don’t believe that, and neither do most people of intelligence, scientists included. However this day may be the start of the biblical end of days, as foretold in Revelations.

All one has to do is look around at the recent events happening on our planet, just in the last calendar year for instance.

The proliferation of diseases, viruses and maladies worldwide has increased exponentially in the last 365 days. The incidence of Ebola, West Nile virus, meningitis, yellow fever, even bubonic plague the world over might lead one to believe the Biblical prophecies are coming true.

Just today, a deranged gunman in Newtown, Connecticut, walked into an elementary school and gunned down 28 people, eighteen of them children. This incident just happened less than an hour ago so final reports on how many dead and injured are not in yet, but the FBI has taken the lead in the investigation.

Then there was the shooting in the movie theater in Aurora Colorado this year, at the premiere of the new Batman movie. And let’s not forget way back when, the Columbine high school disaster in Colorado as well.

Has the world gone crazy, or is it just me?

Let’s talk about earthquakes for a minute according to the US geological survey there have been 204 earthquakes on our planet measuring 2.5 or greater in the past seven days, and 30 of those 204 earthquakes measured greater than 5.0 on the Richter scale. That’s a lot of earthquakes, and the numbers over the last two years are no better.

Let’s see if we can discover while these earthquakes are happening.

Global warming may have something to do with it, and I’ll tell you why I think so. The ice at the north and south poles, and in Greenland and other semi frozen locations, has been melting at a frenetic pace over the last 10 years. Greenland today, is essentially green, when it should be covered in thick ice. It has all melted.

Antarctica has lost a majority of its size, and land has actually been cited by satellite. And the Arctic North Pole, which has no landmass and is an ocean, can be navigated through by ocean ship, without the benefit of an icebreaker.

All this ice melt has made the worlds oceans rise by 1.5 inches over the last 10 years alone. Now water weighs a little bit more than 8 pounds per gallon, but when water freezes it gets a little bit lighter, as the oxygen molecule (O2) evaporates as the water freezes. Conversely when ice melts it grabs an oxygen molecule while it’s melting and becomes heavier. This makes for two problems. Number one, it takes available oxygen out of our atmosphere, and number two,it increases the level of water in the ocean, which is destructive to shorelines around the world.

I am not a scientist, but a 1.5 inch rise in the worlds oceans has got to create more weight on the ocean floor. I cannot even begin to estimate the amount of gallons of water 1.5 inches equals, but at more than 8 pounds per gallon, it has to be substantial. Now we all know that as you dive further into the ocean, the pressure is greater, so imagine all that extra weight in the ocean, and the pressure it creates on the ocean floor.

It is my considered opinion that the additional weight of the ocean mass globally, has increased the incidence of earthquakes on our planet. Now that plays to my next theory which is polar shift.

The potential for polar shift from the planetary alignment that will happen in one week on December 21, 2012,  several things need to happen before it can actually happen, the biggest one being that for the poles to shift the mantle of the earth has to crack. Well open up your eyes and look around, as I said previous in this article there have been 204 earthquakes magnitude 2.5 or greater in the last seven days, with fully 30 of them being magnitude 5.0 or greater.

Again it is my considered opinion that the extra weight of the ocean, is creating this excess earthquake activity on our planet, which over time is actually cracking the mantle of the earth. Now as the the Teutonic plates shift, and the mantle of the earth cracks this will have an effect on the stored magma below volcanoes on our planet.

Well, a volcano in Russia erupted today, in the Kamchatka Peninsula, as well as three volcanoes in Guatemala. Additionally three minor earthquakes struck Yellowstone park overnight, influencing the caldera there. For those of you that don’t already know the caldera at Yellowstone National Park is the largest volcanic body on the planet.

Then there are other signs, for instance, witness North Korea’s launching of a dummy satellite into the atmosphere just the other day, as an attempt to disguise their rocket program, and showing the world that if they want to they can drop a nuclear warhead on the United States. And let’s not forget about the Department of Defense in conjunction with the United States Air Force launching a mini space shuttle into orbit, the third one so far, supposedly unmanned.

Now let’s talk about what’s going on in the Middle East. The new President of Egypt, President Morsi, had negotiated a cease-fire between the Jews and Hamas in the Gaza Strip little over a week ago, and promptly went back to his country and tried to seize Dictator type powers, while the minority Shia may have been preoccupied. It didn’t work, as there were mass demonstrations in the street, and he reversed his decision.

And then there’s Syria, whose Civil War now it’s second year, is coming to a head right now as the rebel forces have made significant gains in the last few weeks, and intelligence reports have it that they are preparing SCUD missiles to launch against the opposition. This has angered the United States to the point that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has sent Patriot missile batteries into Turkey. This can’t be good. The situation is still not completely stable in Iraq, and is totally up the charts in Afghanistan and Pakistan as well.

It looks as though we may be in the early stages of the Biblical Prophecies of Armageddon, which by the way is actually a mountain called Mount Megiddo, which is in northern Israel near the city of Nazareth, and very close to Syria, where the fighting is going on currently.

Now all of this is just an assumption on my part, but I have been keeping my eyes open, and trying to add one and one and make two, and if you think this is a bunch of gibberish I couldn’t blame you, but I will say one thing, if there is an assault on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, as the Bible predicts the Jews will have to take back Solomon’s Temple for the end of days to begin, if that should happen I would run for the hills if I were you, and I’ll be headed there myself.

Article by Jim Donahue

20 Responses to "Mayan Predictions of Doom: See What’s Happening to Our Planet?"

1. Jennofeve   January 4, 2013 at 10:11 am

If you are going to become angry for someone expressing their thoughts do not read opinion articles. I found this article interesting and it does provoke me. However, the provocation is to study and learn more about the environment. It does not matter if these things are fact or fiction it is always a good idea to be prepared for any situation.

• GM   January 4, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Finally, somebody gets it. Jenny, you are in a class by yourself.

• Maleck - Site Admin   January 4, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Exactly, Jenny! 🙂

2. debs   December 17, 2012 at 4:07 pm

enjoyed reading . everyone has an opinion. the truth is something is going on in this world lets hope its not all doom and gloom.

3. Kissy   December 17, 2012 at 11:17 am

Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence. I am sorry Carl, if you are going to argue you need to ready your facts. It’s all available to you at NASA website. I am not saying that Jim’s article is the ‘word’ but we need to be vigilant about what’s going on around us.

4. nman   December 17, 2012 at 6:49 am

what are u study?art or bisnus?if u r not scientist and engineer so keep this article to ur self…..its against science and engineering……better shift ur brain not shift the alligment of the planet or what so eve….

• GM   December 17, 2012 at 7:00 am

Read the article, I never claimed to be a scientist, just very observant.

5. Mike   December 16, 2012 at 7:38 am

—— Before you make this type of statement, study physics… There is no less Oxygen in ice than in water. Ice floats because it expands when from its liquid state, and thus displaces water which is floating. Ice weighs approximately 9% less than and equial volumn of water, again it floats. There is no loss or gain in oxygen content when water changes from liquid to solid.

• GM   December 17, 2012 at 7:02 am

You may be correct, but the fact remains, all this extra weight actually IN the worlds oceans, instead of being PILED UP wherever it currently is, puts more pressure on the ocean floor.

6. Boris Behncke   December 16, 2012 at 5:22 am

Sorry. No planetary alignment (we know when these are, and even when there are planetary alignments, not much happens on Earth that is different from any other day) on 21 December, that’s plain false information. Second, I remember there was a sort of a media hype back in the early 1980s about a planetary alignment on 10 March 1982, an event that happens only once in a lifetime. I can tell you that on that occasion absolutely nothing unusual happened. On the other hand, 1976 was a year with no planetary alignment and no prediction of the end-of-the-world, but with an unusual series of devastating earthquakes. Not that there were any more earthquakes than usual, but those that happened always hit highly vulnerable areas. The worst of that year, in China, killed at least 250,000 people (estimates were as high as 655,000). If the same series had occurred this year, the media (and still more so, the doom blogs) would have gone crazy – still more so than they’re already doing.

So, after all this, I would recommend that you keep the ball low because this year there is absolutely nothing happening that is out of the ordinary – rather, this year has been one of the quieter years volcanically and seismically speaking. So these are the FACTS, and it’s another fact that I am following these things since 40 years and I’ve lived through my share of media hypes and false or true alarms, and end-of-the-worlds – and look, I am – and we all are – still there. This is not my personal opinion. This is what has happened and what is happening.

7. Nunu Youel   December 15, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Jim Domahue. Well done! 🙂

8. sara   December 15, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Jim, much respect,..we can only hope to be wrong. Stay “dauntless and stout hearted! Just wish I had found your site sooner.

9. nooneinparticular   December 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

Really? If you want to ‘provoke’ peoples thought process then state the facts and let them think for themselves. Your views that we’ve entered Armageddon are yours alone and should not be the basis of your article. Also, ‘polls’ is correctly spelt ‘poles’ if you really want to build credibility as a writer.

• GM   December 15, 2012 at 9:28 am

Carl, As far as the word “polls”, that was corrected in the first 2 minutes after publication. You must be viewing a “cached” version of my article. Clearing your browser cache will fix this problem. As far as my personal views, perhaps you missed these lines in the article:

Has the world gone crazy, or is it just me?
      I am not a scientist,
      It is my considered opinion
      Again it is my considered opinion
      Now all of this is just an assumption on my part

All of these lines indicate that this article is an OPINION PIECE, and as far as the Biblical implications, I am not ultra-religious, or even religious at all, but I know what the Bible indicates, I know what I see happening, and I reported on it as such. you make me sound as If I have done something wrong, which I haven’t, but it sounds more like you didn’t get some information that you were looking for. Having told me about taking 5 minutes to view the NASA site, ikt would appear that you have already done so. So my question to you is this. What were you looking for when you viewed my article? Probably the same thing other viewers were looking for, a different OPINION than there own. I hope you will release the anger you seem to have pent up in a non-violent way, and reduce stress in some fashion, calmly. Enjoy!

10. Carl   December 15, 2012 at 6:01 am

You have got to be kidding me. Take 5 seconds, go to the NASA website, and you will find out it isn’t a “FACT.” The only fact is you got your information from garbage sources. Did you get the planetary alignment information from Patrick Geryl? That guy is a joke. Sorry, but you better redo your homework because you are wrong.

• GM   December 15, 2012 at 6:10 am

By the way Carl, I have no idea who Patrick Geryl is, never heard of him.

11. GM   December 15, 2012 at 5:49 am

Sorry Carl, the planets will all line up in a row on Dec.21st, with the sun at the center of the Milky Way. This is FACT, and if you choose to ignore it, that is your right. But don’t tell me I have no idea what I am talking about, because i have done my homework, and it would appear that you haven’t.

12. Carl   December 15, 2012 at 5:29 am

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Planetary alignment? There isn’t one. Pole shift? No. Stop spreading this garbage.

• GM   December 15, 2012 at 6:08 am

Carl, I realize that the closest that the planets will get to a “perfectly straight” alignment is 135 degrees, and most people, my viewers included, aren’t scientists. That being said, the “Almost” fully aligned planets, hasn’t happened in thousands of years, and people want to know about it. The idea of the article is to provoke peoples thought process, and get them to investigate and try to prove me wrong, just as you have done. So I have done my job, and thank you for your support.

Should you want to write an article rebutting my article, by all means, do so, and email it to me . I will publish it. My contact info is on the site.

Jim Donahue

• Maleck - Site Admin   December 16, 2012 at 1:19 am

This is an opinion piece, which everyone has a right too, Carl. Whether it is to be valid truth or not, this is what Jim has gathered thus far and he was nice to enough to share it with us.

I certainly enjoyed this article, Jim. Very interesting, indeed.