District (Chicago Lawn)
About the Crime: This alert gives notice to citizens in the 008th
District (Chicago Lawn) of an increase in robbery related incidents having occurred during the month of January. In two of these incidents the offenders enter a fast food establishment and announce a robbery, property is then taken. In two other cases the victims are approached on the street at gunpoint and their property taken. Incident times and locations are listed below: 7600 Block of S. Pulaski on January 04, 2013 at approximately 7:41 PM. 3200 Block of W. 83rd Street on January 16, 2013 at approximately 11:12 PM.
8100 Block of W. Kedzie on January 18, 2013 at approximately 10:26 PM.
8300 Block of S. Pulaski on January 19, 2013 at approximately 10:15 PM.
About the Offenders:
Offender descriptions vary, but are generally described as:
#1: Male/Black 18-20 years of age, 6′ 0″, 170-180 lbs.
#2: (2)Male/Blacks 17-28 years of age. 5’08”-6’0″, 150-180 lbs.
What you can do:
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth,
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area Central (312) 747-8380 HW104935, HW120276, HW122905 and HW124232 Reference: P13-1-017