Armed Robberies Convenience Store/Restaurant/Drug Store 19th District (Town Hall) and 018th District (Near North)
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to businesses operating in the 18th District and 19th District of several Armed Robberies of cashiers and
store clerks occurring primarily between 11:30 PM and 2:15 AM. A male Hispanic enters the business and demands money from the cash register at gunpoint. In some incidents he brings items to the counter for purchase before robbing the location. Incident times and locations:
• 3600 block of N. Western Ave. on January 18, 2013 at approximately 11:30 AM.
• 1500 block of W. Fullerton Ave. on January 27, 2013 at approximately 10:45 AM.
• 1700 block of N. Clybourn Ave. on August 05, 2012 at approximately 11:58 PM.
• 2800 block of N. Ashland Ave. on January 31, 2013 at approximately 1:25 AM.
• 1700 block of N. Sheffield Ave. on January 31, 2013 at approximately 1:38 AM.
• 100 block of W. Division St.. on January 31, 2013 at approximately 2:00 AM.
• 2900 block of N. Broadway on February 3, 2013 at approximately 2:15 AM.
About the Offender:
The offender is described as a male Hispanic wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt and in some incidents wearing a black knit cap. He is reported to be between the ages of 22 and 40. He is described as between 5’05” and 6’02” tall. He weighs between 160
lbs. and 210 lbs.
What you can do:
• Be aware of this crime and alert other businesses in the area.
• Be aware of areas that have had such incidents in the past.
• Employees should call 911 to report any suspicious person(s) that resemble the
depicted offender or any person(s) who appear to be casing the business.
• Business owners should ensure that their business equipped with a working
video surveillance system and hold up alarm.
• Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offender(s) including any vehicle description and license plate information as well as direction of flight, if known. If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North
(312) 744-8263 HW123013 HW133440 HW137045 HW138515 HW138519 HW138527 HW142262