Chicago Armed Robbery 8th (Chicago Lawn) District
About These Crimes.
Chicago, 8th (Chicago Lawn) District residents. are given an alert notice, to robbery incidents that have occurred during the month of February. In the reported incidents, two offenders have confronted victims, displayed a handgun and taken property. Incident times and locations are listed below:
• 2300 block of W. 61st St., on February 17, 2013, at approximately 12:20 pm.
• 5900 block of S. Artesian Ave., on February 18, 2013, at approximately 12:35 pm.
The Offenders descriptions vary, but are generally described as:
• Two Male/Black offenders, 18-21 years of age, 5’10”, 160-165 lbs.
What You Can Do
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth, etc.)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible If you have any information about this incident, Please call the Area Central Bureau of Detectives on (312) 747-8380