Kelly Clarkson wedding plans
Saved under Entertainment, Music, NFL, Social Media
Tags: Grammys, Kelly Clarkson, marriage, musicians, pop star, proposal, Wedding
Kelly Clarkson set the record for the biggest jump to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 with her first single “A Moment Like This” which was upload to major USA radio stations, directly following the “American Idol” finale. She was about to experience a dream moment for any bride: trying on wedding dresses.
“I never really thought I’d get married, so it’s kind of cool that I fell in love and I’m getting married,” she revealed.
Kelly Clarkson’s boyfriend of one year, Brandon Blackstock, proposed in December She told People Magazine, about her wedding dress shopping experience in West Hollywood, at the Vera Wang boutique earlier this month.
“I was in the changing room, and I looked at my armpits, and I was like, ‘Are you kidding me? I look like a cave woman!’” said the singer. “And then I took my pants off, and I was like, ‘Oh my God, my legs match!’ My nails looked like a hot mess; my eyebrows looked like bushes. I was so not a girl. I started tearing up because I’m like, ‘This is not me. I’m usually not this gross. I’m just so busy!’”
Kelly, who will perform at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, admits her first fitting didn’t go as well as she had hoped.
Kelly has revealed she and her fiance will exchange vows at their home in Nashville, Tennessee this autumn, and they are making the arrangements for an “earthy” ceremony.
She has decided on sunflowers and yellow roses for the floral arrangements, steak and turkey with gravy for the food, and a laid-back reception: “We have this amazing downstairs basement -pool table, darts, Mario Bros [video game], movie theatre.” And, in a unique twist, she has asked Blackstock’s 11-year-old daughter from a previous relationship to walk her down the aisle – barefoot. His other child, six-year-old Seth, will accompany his dad to the altar.
She’s also busy planning her wedding.
“I don’t understand why we aren’t eloping,” she said. “It’s a lot of detail and I’m not that girl. I’ve never been that girl, that’s like, ‘Oh my God, my wedding dress. Blah, blah, blah.”‘
Here are some things you may not know about Kelly.
• Kelly Clarkson celebrates her Texan roots with a new song dedicated to the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys football team called “Get Up (A Cowboys Anthem)!” It almost makes us go HAM over sports — Almost. (Just Jared)
• Kelly’s new hobby is golf.
• Before appearing on “American Idol,” Kelly’s Los Angeles apartment was destroyed by a fire.
• Kelly owns a variety of pets, including some rescued dogs from Hurricane Katrina.
• An avid reader, Kelly says her favorite book is “Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Bronte.
• Kelly loves board games.
• Kelly does not Twitter.
• Kelly covers the Rod Stewart song “Some Guys Have All the Luck,” but she’s changed it to “Some Girls Have All the Luck” on her current tour.
• At 16, Kelly wrote “Because of You.”
• Kelly sometimes records in her bedroom closet.
• Kelly’s fifth album, “Stronger,” is nominated for best pop vocal album.