Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky Dumber Than I Thought

Senator Rand PaulOkay, So He’s Even Dumber Than I Thought

At Least His Father Had Constructive Ideas

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky won his seat running under the Republican banner.  His statements to the press seem to suggest he wants to split the GOP and make his TEA Party a third party in the 2016 election.

He does act like many other Republicans, he talks a lot to the press, but doesn’t do much.

He is now suggesting that he and other Republicans want to solve the immigration problem by “rounding people up … and send them back to Mexico.”

Brilliant!  Our law enforcement is supposed to go on a manhunt for 11 or 12 million people, waste thousands of man hours and millions of dollars, simply because a group of legislators are openly racist.  You, sir, need a brain transplant.  Yours is defective.

Paul says people want a party that’s “less aggressive on foreign policy” and drug laws. Paul says he sees voters wanting, quote, “somebody who wants to round people up, put in camps and send them back to Mexico.”

Mr. Paul, you obviously do not read the papers, or look at the polls.  You are entirely out of touch with the American people.

Is it your assumption that if these 11 or 12 million people were deported you might win the election in 2016?  Well you better start finding a way to deport women as well.  Your statements about them and their rights are nothing but pure misogyny.  Oh, and don’t forget African Americans.  When you suggested businesses such as restaurants had to right to refuse service to anyone they chose, you made it clear where you stand.

My longtime friends have known me as an independent for at least two thirds of my life.  They ask me why for the last 12 years I registered as a Democrat.  My answer was in the form of names, no explanation needed.  I said; “Reagan, Bush, Bush, McCain, Palin, Romney, McConnell, Boehner, and Bachmann.”  Now I can clearly add “Paul”.

James Turnage

Columnist-The Guardian Express

16 Responses to "Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky Dumber Than I Thought"

1. dissidentX (@dissidentX)   February 18, 2013 at 10:25 pm

The fact that the guardian leaves this smear job base upon lies up on it’s site proves that the guardian is not a credible news source.

An uneducated child practices better journalism skills than this site.

2. ObjectiveTruth   February 18, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Interestingly, GuardianLV has issued a sort-of retraction but have left this story untouched with zero indication that it’s false:

3. acptulsa   February 18, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Well, MGM, this slander would be protected in the U.S. by the First Amendment. So, no libel action would be possible–not because it isn’t libel (it is) but because it’s political speech. This libel was not perpetrated in the U.S, however. So, Sen. Paul could well have a case, though he may well decline to pursue it on principle.

4. Glen Bradley   February 18, 2013 at 9:19 am

Well, blyndon, as we can plainly see here we are 18 hours from post, and 16 hours from the first error notice, and yet the article remains intact in it’s original known-false form. That should really be all we need to know here.

5. blyndon   February 18, 2013 at 9:01 am

I’m actually curious, James, now that you know Rand Paul said the exact opposite of what you think he said- that he DOESN’T want to round people up and he wants to offer then a pathway to citizenship, along with Rand Paul’s repeated admonishment of aggressive neocon foreign policy (which should appeal to indies and dems) how your opinion of him changes.

The reason why I’m curious is that it will be a test of whether you are a blind partisan or a thinking human being. I have to admit my hopes aren’t high…

6. blyndon   February 18, 2013 at 8:56 am

Ha what a complete idiot this writer is.

7. MGM   February 18, 2013 at 8:40 am

I wonder what case history is concerning slander? Even though AP has retracted the story, the ill effects have already been realized. Especially if AP and all the other news sources do not put out front page news articles of apology and detail the retraction. Along with going on televsion and aplogizing profusely about their lack of fact checking. Sen. Paul should get a lawyer.

8. Robert   February 17, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Wow, Guardian majorly discredits themselves. Even dumber than we thought…

9. discoveringmybeliefs   February 17, 2013 at 11:18 pm

10. Glen Bradley   February 17, 2013 at 9:42 pm

LOL! Don’t hold your breath though. Only journalists with integrity will care about reporting ‘news’ exactly 180° out from the facts.

11. dissidentX (@dissidentX)   February 17, 2013 at 9:04 pm

The irony of you calling someone dumb while citing a retracted news source is not lost on me.

12. Steve   February 17, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Headline should “James Turnage: Dumber Than I Thought; Posts article based on retracted AP Headline

13. acptulsa   February 17, 2013 at 8:40 pm

If you believe Fox’s transcription of the interview, and couldn’t be bothered to listen to the interview, then you’re even dumber than we Yanks thought. Last I heard you people were even more familiar with Rupert Murdoch and his yellowcake journalism than we were. For shame.

14. Alexander A Bush   February 17, 2013 at 8:38 pm

You must feel like a bit of a damn fool now. Don’t you? So quick to believe anything that allows to think of people the way you want to. Go back to journalism school.

15. FabianS   February 17, 2013 at 8:25 pm

James… AP has retracted this story because they “misquoted” Paul. Rand Paul said “we DONT want to round people up and send them back to Mexico”. He said exactly the opposite of what you think he said.