In Boston, an eleven year old boy and his father were trying to shovel their car out of a snow bank. After clearing the passenger side, the boy told his father he was extremely cold. The man started the car, turned on the heater, and put him inside to warm up.
At about 11:40 a.m. firefighters responded to an emergency call. As they rounded the corner, they saw a boy lying flat and being given CPR. Firefighters continued the efforts of those who were attempting to save his life. They continued CPR and gave him oxygen. His breathing was very shallow, and by the time he arrived at Boston Medical Center, he had expired.
Those that attempted to rescue the boy said he was vomiting and delirious. Authorities explained that although he had only been in the car for 10 to 15 minutes, the muffler and tail pipe were buried in the snow, and carbon monoxide had filled the inside of the vehicle.
So far 7 deaths are reported from states ravaged by this super storm. This was the only death reported in Boston.
Columnist-The Guardian Express