About These Crimes
This alert gives notice of robbery incidents that have occurred during the month of May in the 1st (Central) District. In the reported incidents, an offender displayed a knife and used force, taking iPods, cell phones, tote bags and wallets from victims. One incident occurred on the street and one on a CTA platform. Incident times and locations are listed below:
• 500 block of S. Clinton St., on 24 May, 2013, at approximately 7:45 a.m.
• 400 block of S. Clinton St., on 26 May, 2013, at approximately 3:20 a.m.
About The Offenders
• Male, black, 25-35 years of age, 5’04”, 160 lbs., black hair, dark complexion
• Male, black, 40-45 years of age, 5’06”-5’08”, 140-160 lbs., black/grey hair, medium complexion
What You Can Do
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (scars, limp, acne, teeth, etc…)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible