Rush Limbaugh Off of Radio?

Alvaro Uribe,  Tony Blair , John Howard
Could Rush Limbaugh be gone from radio airwaves by the end of the year?  I know, for some of us it feels like a dream, but the possibility does exist.

When Limbaugh called university student Sandra Fluke a “slut” in February of 2012, he lost several sponsors.  Fluke, a Georgetown law student had called congress and asked them to ensure there was a mandate that insurance coverage include the purchase of birth control.

Limbaugh insists the liberal media twisted his words, and added meaning to the story he had not intended.

Cumulus Media and Limbaugh may end their affiliation agreement by the end of 2013.

Politico and The New York Daily News reported that 40 Cumulus-owned radio stations would lose the rights to the most popular talk-radio program in the country if the move takes place.

The show could be picked up by competing affiliates in Washington, New York, Chicago, Dallas, and other major markets.  If that were to happen, it was cause turmoil by shaking-up on air talent and time slots.  Contracts would have to be re-written, creating a financial conundrum.

Insiders report that Limbaugh is very angry at Cumulus CEO Lew Dickey for blaming advertising losses on him.

Limbaugh signed a contract in 2008 for $400 million through 2016.  His show airs for three hours each weekday beginning at noon, Eastern Time.

Limbaugh is the only conservative that surpasses FOX News in the creation of fear, and the use of emotional blackmail to create an audience.  His ‘reactionary’ views are aimed at creating an irreparable division between liberals and conservatives.  He doesn’t believe in any form of compromise, his goal is total domination by the extreme right wing of the Republican Party.

In addition, his remarks have been criticized by many organizations as fallacious, inaccurate or both.

He has been called a racist, a bigot, and a homophobe, all with complete accuracy.  He is emblematic of the core reason why our country is so divided, and our government is broken.

No longer having Limbaugh insult the airways would be an act of patriotism.

James Turnage

Columnist-The Guardian Express

6 Responses to "Rush Limbaugh Off of Radio?"

1. BoppaKrandall   May 7, 2013 at 3:02 pm

The problem I have with extremists at either end of the political spectrum is that they make it sound as if not agreeing with them on one or two issues automatically means I’m in the “opposite camp”. To characterize my own political position, I practically have to use an oxymoronic label: radical moderate – meaning not nearly as “conservative” as Limbaugh, but not a “liberal” of the Obama persuasion either. In my personal political philosophy, I consider the underlying principles of the Constitution to be timeless, applicable to not only the past history of this country, but to the present and future as well. Yet I found recently that I had to agree with the statement made in a recent public forum by a liberal academic that “to claim that an elite group of men in an agrarian society over 200 years ago were able to draft a plan of government applicable to all time is patently absurd”. The Constitution was and is a great document … but it could never be “perfect” even in the time when it was written. I’d expect conservatives of the Limbaugh variety to be outraged by any suggestion that the Constitution isn’t sacrosanct, while I wouldn’t be surprised if many extreme liberals privately believe that it has outlived its usefulness and ought to be completely overhauled. Meanwhile, both sides of the spectrum accuse the other of spreading “lies”, rumors, insults, and biased propaganda, and claiming that their own message is the unadulterated “truth”. Makes it difficult sometimes for moderates like me to sift through all the rhetoric and come up with practical solutions. Ours is the voice of the majority that keeps getting drowned out by both the extreme left AND the extreme right. Thank God and the Founding Fathers for the 1st Amendment, which guarantees our right to keep speaking up, ESPECIALLY when the liberals & conservatives are having “shouting matches”.

• iSocialTiger (@iSocialTiger)   May 7, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I’m forced to disagree in no uncertain terms, and it has ZIP to do with politics or party.

People have been “people” for 1000s of years. Don’t let out technical advances lead you to believe that we are somehow more sophisticated or noble than our Founding Fathers. The Federalist Papers themselves are a clear and unambiguous refutation of the very idea that those “agrarian” men didn’t have a firm grasp on the hearts of men and the Rights which Free Men are endowed with, by their Creator.

In truth, we are more sluggish of mind today than we were just 50 years ago. How many phone numbers of friends and family can you recite without consulting your cellphone? To think that the people who lived in the very thick of political intrigue WITHOUT the benefits of Google or Siri were NOT sharper and more astute than we are today, is mere hubris.

Plus… 200 years is just a blink. Your liberal academic was dead wrong.

• BoppaKrandall   May 8, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Obviously I need to be more careful about how I word things. When I said that I “had to agree” with the academic’s statement, I only meant that he had a valid point, which I know from having studied the history of the American Revolution at the very university where he was speaking. And this simply illustrates my own point that, as a moderate, I get caught in the crossfire between liberals and conservatives; by agreeing with one statement by a liberal, I no doubt will now be labeled as a lberal by conservatives. Yet I’m well aware that the delegates to the Constitutional Convention were, for the most part, politically astute men who realized that for the system of government which they were creating to last more than a decade or two, they would have to deal with fundamental principles that would apply for a future beyond that which they could foresee at that time. Their results were remarkably successful, possibly more than even the most visionary of them could then imagine. That does not mean, however, that they were infallible and that the system they created was perfect … and they themselves knew it. That’s why they provided for the process of amending the Constitution from time to time.

2. realfactchecker   May 7, 2013 at 1:41 pm

And I thought Rush was just an “entertainer.”
    If you don’t like his “entertainment,” don’t listen, just like I don’t watch Stephen Colbert or Bill Maher.
    Insofar as Rush being inaccurate, no, you are. Rush’s views are judged to be accurate over 99% of the time by an independent auditor.
    Maybe that’s why over twenty million listeners tune in each week.
    I wonder, how many page views do you get a week when you don’t write about him?

3. Dale   May 6, 2013 at 7:55 pm

“He has been called a racist, a bigot, and a homophobe, all with complete accuracy.” What a bias piece o crap opinion piece written by a Letist.

4. iSocialTiger (@iSocialTiger)   May 6, 2013 at 1:04 pm

A racist? Prove it. And do please use the “Barrack the Magic Negro” quote, because it was a BLACK REPORTER from the L.A. Times who called Obama that. Rush merely quoted him. A homophobe? Elton John was the entetainer at his wedding, and they are friends who attend many of the same functions.

When the Left (that’s you and your Masters at Media Matters, Turnage) doesn’t feel it can compete in the Arena of Ideas, it knee-jerks out a slew of insults and demands the oposition STFU(!).

Rush was supposed to be off the air when Clinton became President. Then again when Bush succeeded Clinton. Your side has been collecctively shaking in your boots over the holes Limbaugh pokes in your lies, for 2 decades now. We aren’t going away, just because YOU “hope” we will.

Trying to stifle Free Speech is NOT “an act of patriotism” James. It is the action of Tyranny and Thuggery.

“They bring a knife, we bring a gun.” ~Barrack Obama, around the same time he won a Nobel Peace Prize~