Business Alert Wanted for Armed Robbery
About These Crimes
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 3rd (Grand Crossing) District of robbery incidents of delivery drivers that have occurred during the month of June. Incidents have occurred in the vicinity of the 7400 block of South Paxton Ave.
In the reported incidents, offenders ordered food for delivery from local restaurants. Upon arrival, the delivery driver was approached by two offenders who announced a robbery while displaying a handgun. In one instance, the weapon displayed was a silver pistol. In another instance, the weapon displayed was a blue steel revolver.
About The Offenders
Offender descriptions are generally described as;
• Male, black, 24-30 years of age, 5’09 – 6’00, 140 – 200 lbs.
• One offender is described as having short hair; another offender is described as having an afro style hair.
What You Can Do
• Business owners should always request customers leave their porch/vestibule lights illuminated for the driver.
• If, upon arrival, the driver determines the location is vacant / abandoned, leave immediately.
• Instruct driver(s) not to exit their vehicle until they make visual contact with the customer.
• Have the driver(s) re-contact the customer upon arrival.
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information about this incident, Please call the Area Central Bureau of Detectives at (312) 747-8380