Remember in the 2007 hit ‘Hairspray’ the young and bright Amanda Bynes? Since that time, Bynes has slowly become unraveled in a very sad tale of commonality seen in young actors in Hollywood. Just recently, she was kicked out of the Ritz-Carlton in New York for unsavory behavior.
Sources who work in the hotel stated Bynes was caught smoking weed in her room and was utterly rude to staff. So rude, it induced tears from one agent who works the front desk. Reportedly, Bynes told the front desk girl she was “too ugly” to check her in. Once Bynes started offering plastic surgery tips, the girl behind the desk teared up.
Bynes insists she wasn’t kicked out of the hotel and left on her own. Reviewing her recent behavior, the majority might side with the hotel. Bynes has simply been completely out of control:
- 2010 was the year Bynes tweeted she was “retiring from acting” because she just didn’t care for it anymore. Less than a month later she decided to become ‘unretired’ or however that process of reversal is completed.
- Bynes took to Twitter again a few months later broadcasting she quit Twitter. Shockingly, she was back by January of 2011 to reclaim her name and show some skin.
- In 2011 the starlet seemed to calm as little news revealed her whereabouts. Fans breathed for a moment, literally a moment as in 2012 the ‘She’s the Man’ actress was back to acting up and it spiraled a further decline.
- In 2012 Bynes was involved with several car accidents; from a few hit-and-runs, DUI charges and cited for driving on a suspended license. There has to be some sort of management over the star. 2013 ushered another slew of problems plaguing the once dubbed sweetheart of kids TV.
- Bynes so far this year has claimed to create ‘LOL,’ offered her lady part for Drake to ‘murder,’ shaved half of her head and insulted Rihanna, the President and the First Lady by calling them “ugly.” Rihanna was the one who retorted with a snazzy “Ya see what happens when they cancel intervention?” Bynes deleted the tweet but the damage was done.
Bynes stems from an outwardly stable family, she was the youngest of three children and both of her parents were hard-working citizens. In review of her career, the appearance showed a stable young woman, rising to become a star in Hollywood. What doesn’t help is when friends deny the actress is going through troubling issues.
Nikki Blonsky who played the lead role in ‘Hairspray’ defended her friend and stated to ‘Life & Style Weekly’ earlier this year, “She’s the same Amanda I met working on Hairspray. She’s happy. I don’t think that’s a breakdown, but a breakthrough. I back Amanda 100 percent.” Indulging into the behavior doesn’t excuse the amount of frustration Bynes is placing on her fans or taxpayers during her accidents and court appearances.
It’s obvious the starlet needs help and it doesn’t seem those close to her are very concerned. Then again perhaps they have tried and given up. Bynes in late June took to her favorite communication outlet, Twitter and dissed her mom and sister, calling them both “ugly.”
What is ugly is the behavior the star is dishing to other stars, her family and her fans. It’s unknown if she is suffering a mental breakdown or simply reacting out from a childhood lost in the spotlight. From her court cases to being kicked out of the Ritz, one can only hope the star will get help or decide to reach out, before it’s too late.