iphone 5 User Electrocuted in China

 

usb-wall-charging-iphone-640x353A Chinese woman was electrocuted, on last Thursday, after attempting to answer a call on her iphone 5.

According to Xinhua News, Ma Ailun, 23, received an electrical shock when she answered an incoming call on her iphone 5, while the phone was charging.

A report from the China Daily stated that police have confirmed that Ma died of electrocution, but had not concluded whether her phone was the cause of the shock.

Apple has not commented whether this was an isolated incident with the iphone.

“We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter,” Apple said in an e-mail.

Other reports on South China Morning Post state that experts warn there is risk in using any electrical device while it is charging, and caution that the circumstances are not clear and to not to jump to any conclusions in this case.

Ma’s sister tweeted on Sina’s microblog that Ma collapsed and died after using the iPhone 5 while it was charging, she urged users to be careful.

Reports further stated that Ma recently resigned a position as a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines and had planned to get married on August 18.

By: Veverly Edwards

Source 1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.