Los Angeles: Dejon Ward Killed by Gunman While Sitting in His Car

Los Angeles, Ca. 90019

Who: Captain Eric Davis, Commanding Officer, Wilshire Division
Captain Lillian Carranza, Patrol Commanding Officer, Wilshire Division
Lieutenant Jiro Oka, Commanding Officer, Wilshire Detective Division
West Bureau Homicide Detectives
Family members of Dejon Ward

Why: West Bureau Homicide Detectives are asking for the publics’ assistance in identifying two individuals who may have been involved in the fatal shooting of Dejon Ward. Mr.Ward was sitting in his car and killed by a gunman. The crime occurred on July 12th, 2013 around 12:45 p.m., in the area of Venice Boulevard and Crenshaw Boulevard.

Detectives will give a synopsis of this case and will be available to answer questions.

Contact: For more information, contact Media Relations Section, at (213) 486-5910.

10 Responses to "Los Angeles: Dejon Ward Killed by Gunman While Sitting in His Car"

1. Mid city resident   November 17, 2013 at 4:05 am

I will do my very best to bring peace to your beloved son, boyfriend, family member. I will help bring justice and I don’t care what comes to me. With God we can conquer all.. Sorry for your loss, he looks like a very nice man, his angels will bring him peace. I promise.

2. marcysantos622   July 31, 2013 at 12:03 am

This nice young man was killed two weeks ago, and it’s just a blip on the radar of Los Angelenos. The very same community that paraded around for another young man killed on the other side of the country. I am looking for resolution here…anything?

3. Bee   July 18, 2013 at 7:28 am

Sad. The dudes that did this give a desc of them how we supposed to look?

4. Luke Easter   July 17, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Didn’t see George Zimmerman & unlike GZ this guy stayed in his car but that should not stop responses from Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson. Still waiting to hear from Obama. When will Holder’s investigation begin? NCAAP protest? Urban League rally? Guess Stevie Wonder will no longer perform in L.A.

5. Brianna Marie   July 16, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Dejon didn’t deserve to die that way at all! I loved that man with all my heart! That same day we had plans, I was devastated when I got the phone call from the detective): it’s disgusting how cruel and evil people can be. RIP BABE! I LOVE YOU!!!!

• jeannacalloway   July 16, 2013 at 11:57 pm

I’m sorry bre… I’ve know DEJON since he was 8 I know how you feel trust me…

6. Katrina Stevenson   July 16, 2013 at 4:46 pm

You are so right Amber Ward. I am glad they are not letting this get swept under the rug and I am praying these perps are caught and my cousin gets the justice he deserves. He was a good guy, one cousin I was proud to have that wasn’t out there screwing up his life. No justice, no sleep. We cannot let this go, we will not let this go.

7. jeannacalloway   July 16, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Yeah dejon did not deserve this he was an amazing kid and an even better man R I P DEJON WARD GONE BUT CAN’T BE FORGOTTEN…;-(

8. war hero   July 15, 2013 at 11:08 pm

he was from victor ville got caught up in the city?? its war between blk and brown over there

9. AMBER WARD   July 15, 2013 at 8:43 pm

THIS WAS MY NEPHEW HE DID NOT DESERVE THIS WHEN PEOPLE DIE THE FAMILY SAYS THE PERSON WAS SO GOOD IN THIS CASE IT WAS TRUE. HE HAS 3 RINGS FROM FOOTBALL, NO CHILDREN, 3.0 GPA, HE WORKED, HE WAS NOT IN A GANG. IF ANYONE HAS INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE POLICE. HE WAS A GREAT LOVING KID WITH 2 LITTLE BROTHERS WHO LOOKED UP TO HIM AND LOVED HIM RIP DEJON WE LOVE YOU BABY