Paula Deen Finally Justice And Receiving Love From Fans

N-Word Usage

Paula Deen Finally Justice And Receiving Love From Fans

Paula Deen will finally see justice for the extortion scam that happened to her. (She also saw that not everybody had forsaken her, she is still receiving a lot of love from her fans.) The man who wanted  $250,000 from Paula Deen has been arrested. Thomas George Paculis, 62, of Newfield, N.Y.,  wanted this amount of money from Paula because he said he had “true and damning statements.” If she wouldn’t pay up he would release the “evidence” to the media.

Paula Deen has been in the news lately because of the N-word usage. During her deposition, where she was asked about whether she had uttered the offense word or not, she said: “Yes, of course.” adding “it’s been a very long time.” This deposition took place because a former manager of Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House, which Deen co-owns with her brother, Bubba Hiers. Jackson says she was sexually harassed and worked in an environment rife with racial slurs and innuendo.

The blackmailer took this opportunity to write to Paula Deen’s lawyer, Greg Hodges :  “I am about to go public with statements refuting your clients statements about using the ‘N’ word in her business practices at Lady and Son’s… The statements are true and damning enough that the case for Jackson will be won on it’s merit alone…”

Hopefully her blackmailer will see his day in court and receive a punishment that is fitting for the crime.That would finally give Paula Deen some justice. Paula has been vilified these last few weeks and she actually was fired from her TV job. However not everybody agrees with that. Most fans still believe in Paula and she is receiving a lot of love from her fans. (They also hope that she doesn’t give up her cooking. Because that’s ultimately what it should all be about, Paula Deen and her cooking.)

One of her fans said: “Intolerance has many forms. I like Paula despite her flaws. We are all flawed in some way. But, the woman was about cooking, not politics and her show featured guests of all races – all sharing their love for food. After her firing the Food Network (who did the firing) was swamped with letters of support for her fans from across the country. It didn’t matter. And despite her many apologies it still didn’t matter. Yes, racism is alive and well in our society but so is intolerance. What happened to Paula Dean should be a clarion call to all of us. A nation of by and for the People has been changed by the Media to one where intolerance thrives and redemption is impossible.”

Another Paula Deen fan wanted to add sexism to the mix. She said: “The Corporate Media likes to fancy itself as a group of “King-makers”, there is no room for “Queens” just Divas and when the occasion arises it’s “off with their heads” for the Divas (Paula Dean and Martha Stewart) and pardons for the “Kings” and Bad Boys…such as Vick and Baldwin. It’s simple: racism isn’t dead and neither is sexism (or a number of other “isms” such as ageism).” Do you agree with these statements? There seems to be a lot of truth in it. It seems like our whole society is flawed and nobody is really owning up to that fact, just pretending we are less flawed than our neighbour. However today Paula Deen finally received some justice, hopefully the blackmailer will get his day in court and therefore more justice for Paula and her fans who haven’t given up on her. She is still receiving a lot of love from them.

By Georgina Pijttersen

source

66 Responses to "Paula Deen Finally Justice And Receiving Love From Fans"

1. Joseph Richard   July 9, 2013 at 1:27 pm

It is a shame that the woman is losing every thing that she had worked for. People need to know that there is only one race ” the human race “. All shade of people including Caucasians are sub groups of Blacks. The Caucasians are descendants of Black albinos. The Asians are from the San People. Humans can be very cruel with their own brothers and sisters. Please educate yourselves and don’t be a ship. Try to be better humans to your fellow brothers and sisters. Nobody is an angel and we all have said things in anger, jealousy, stupidity or from being brain washed by parents, family members etc…With all that money, Paula could educate herself a bit more and make a come back. Hopefully she would learn from the experience. Paula is a product of her environment. When you get to a level in society, people enjoy bringing you down. No human is better than another. Someone may have more education, money and fame than someone else but we will all be 6 feet under. People with low self esteem always point fingers at others. Judge yourselves ! Even Jesus was not perfect because he lost his temper at the temple by kicking and throwing things around. His own disciples betrayed him. So, humans are predisposed to be cruel and mean. They should start teaching that Humans are related. They are long lost brothers, sisters and cousins. That is when all the nonsense about race will stop and that when we will be nicer to each other.

2. ellen welch   July 9, 2013 at 6:29 am

I would love for the same question to be asked of the people who fired her……

3. BeBe Byrd   July 8, 2013 at 8:22 pm

It is my knowledge that their was only one perfect person that walked this earth, Jesus. And he was labeled, treated wrongly and finally crucified. Paula you are in great company. I love your show and I love you. You make me laugh and have a better day. Your show(Paula’s Party) made me feel good. You showed me that being a women over 50yrs old was still pretty and sexy . You are all about family and that is your first concern. If Food Network does not get you back on with an apology I will be cutting them lose. I want you back.
    BeBe Byrd

4. Sunshine   July 8, 2013 at 5:57 am

In the South that was what they were known as and then as blacks and next African Americans..Wish they would make up their minds..And quit acting like N—-rs!

5. Barbara   July 7, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Our Honored Martin Luther King Jr. Used the N~~~~~~~ Word or the like ness their of! In the ( I had a Dream Speech) It is on You tube! They Honored him he was a good Man! But Paula has been cut down for it! Not fare!

6. Liz   July 7, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I agree w/(Robin Wallace). Look at Oprah she too was in sandals of one thing or the other. Ms. Paula can start her own network and she probably be surprised as who would be joining her. Ms Paula “All things are possible with Jesus on your side”. Keep your Faith and Believes Strong as they are who you are to your family and Yourself.

7. BETTY WEST   July 7, 2013 at 8:01 pm

i think what they have done to Paula is just terrible and i believe she is owed an apology from food net work and her show back and smithfield hams and all the others i refuse to watch the food net work channel

8. Bonnie   July 7, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I wonder how much money the food net work made from Paula? Maybe they should give it back along with all the other companies that dropped her, maybe Paula should file a suit asking for all the money that was made using her name. Hum I don’t think they would like that very much.

9. sharon Raeder   July 7, 2013 at 4:54 pm

We all have done things we are ashamed of or we shouldn’t have but to RUIN someones life over something that happened so long ago is appalling. Shame on those who have a part in this.GOD BLESS you PAULA DEEN. Down with the cooking channel and all others who took and take part in such behavior.

10. June Ballay   July 7, 2013 at 4:48 pm

It was absolutely stupid for this to come out in the first place.The network was totally wrong as was the other companies. What has this got to do with anything. Everyone loves Paula Dean and we will stand behind her. Why was the guy that was trying to exhort money the one in the news instead of Paula Dean.Hold your head up high. You have done nothing wrong.

11. Mike   July 7, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I support Paula in any endeavor she chooses. Likewise I will not support the intolerant and biased stores and companies who have shown themselves to be spineless and unAmerican ! Whatever happened to integrity?

12. wendy   July 7, 2013 at 4:16 pm

me and my mom judy think it is stuped that you let her go for what happend a long time age bring her back and you will get most of your fans back for the rest of your shows bring Paula back

13. Christie   July 7, 2013 at 1:54 pm

What has happened to the people of the greatest country. In this day and time we are still having problems like the one with Paula
    what a sad day and we should all be ashamed of ourselves. I really believe that there are so many other problems to fix.no one in this world can say that they never said anything to other people that would not hurt them. Grow up America be for it is to late for us. It seems to me that there is more important things. How dare you all gang up on Paula and ruin some ones like that. Paula did not do anything wrong. Leave her alone and let her live in peace as god wanted it to be. I blame the food network for starting all of this and I hope that they get theirs and every one else. I will not watch that Chanel again. With all of my love Paula keep fighting.

14. Vicki Bera   July 7, 2013 at 1:23 pm

What I would like to know is when is the media going to comment on the depositions of Lisa Jackson, her domestic partner, and other employees concerning this issue? I have read them all and this whole issue is about blackmail, nothing more. We used to watch the news shows to find out what is going on in the world. That is not true any longer. It is no longer about truth, it’s all about the ratings. Shame on all of you.

15. Robin Wallace   July 7, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I say Paula start your own network!!! We would watch it faithfully!!! Prayers and God’s Blessings to you! Love you!!!

16. Robin Wallace   July 7, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I say start your own network Paula!!! We will watch it!!! Standing with you 100%! Love and Prayers! God Bless You!!!

17. Patricia Knox   July 7, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I agree that the “ism’s” are very much alive & well in this world. I do wish it wasn’t so but it is. I was called a racist by someone who was a Native American. I know I’m not but that didn’t matter to them. My being quiet at a time when I felt my world was falling around me was taken by her that I was a racist because I wasn’t as outgoing as she was & yes I had to kiss her butt too.

18. Lexie Harris   July 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I think Paula has gotten a rotten deal and I am with all the others on not watching their show’s or buying their food, like SMITHFIELD. Hang in there Pauls we LOVE you and will stand behind you

19. Nancy Mc Elmurray   July 7, 2013 at 11:56 am

i have given up watching the food net work — i will not shop at any of them stores that did Paula that way -and i sure hope they lose business in every way that is possible – nor will i read any thing that is publish from that company that dropped Paula. These people that has done her bad – i hope will be punished for it. i love Paula –she is such a caring person.

20. Willie Dell Weaver   July 7, 2013 at 11:54 am

Loved watching Paula Deen’s show on Food Network, but have not turned on any of their programming since this began. Have also stopped shopping at stores, whenever possible, who have taken her products out of their stores. I live in a small town that does not have a variety of stores so am limited. QVC is no longer on my shopping list either. I am absolutely appalled at the double standards that the media continues to show. God bless Paula and may she come back stronger than ever.

21. Dawn Young   July 7, 2013 at 11:17 am

No matter what happened 25 yrs ago Paula should not have to suffer for it now let it rest I say. I am a big fan and always will be. Love you Paula keep your chin up.

22. Peri Beall   July 7, 2013 at 11:02 am

Those of you who have a dog(s) let it chew the butter wrapper and send it
    with doggie slobber and let them know. I did. Our black lab got hold of some of the butter wrappers, so sent them with a note including that this wrapper is a doggie slobber one for them.
    Have a hard time believing these companies are trashing Paula over something said years ago and she has said how sorry she is. If any of you have seen the picture of the CEO of Food network and the man she is married to you will understand right off why she jumped on this.
    I loved a lot of shows on Food network, but have dropped them all and finding new shows to watch. Also not buying any more books from the one who dropped her, and not shopping in any of the stores who dropped her. Letting them all know why. Bet they have had to add people for all the mail they are getting. Paula’s supporters are the BEST!! You do her proud.
    Paula, you are so loved, respected and appreciated by your fans, you are a REAL lady that we are all proud to support. You go girl!!!

23. Deb   July 7, 2013 at 11:00 am

I just want to know if the person who started this crucifiction of one of the best cooks in the south and a wonderful person, was asked if they had ever used the “N” word. Have them look it up in the dictionary and they will find the true definition of the word applies to all people not to the race of people. I agree with everyone else who has posted their remarks, you drive down the road and sitting at a red light you have to listen to these kids blaring their cds using the “N” word and the “F” word and the companies who are making money on these CDs are not pulling them from the shelves. It is okay for black people to go around calling white people “dog” “honkie” “N” but let a white person say any of these words and immediately you are a racist. Grow up people.

24. Doris Doneza ( Dodie)   July 7, 2013 at 10:56 am

I think this has all been blown out of control, I love Paula and watched daily. I now refuse to support the stores that have dropped her line and the food channel show until they put her back on. God Bless you and your family Paula…. And as I was taught when one door is closed God Opens another.

25. Suzanne McMahon   July 7, 2013 at 10:29 am

We visited Savannah because I wanted to see what the real south was all about. We fell in love with the city of Paula Deen even though we didn’t get to eat in her restaurant. The lines were around the block every day, and the people kindly waited in line for their treat of eating in her restaurant. This will not stop us from going to Savannah again and this time get reservations to eat there. Savannah is all about Paula Deen and history. I hope she gets her own station, and be that bubbly, funny lady who knows how to cook the best comfort food on the planet. Love you Paula.

26. Raejean French   July 7, 2013 at 10:23 am

They all need to apologize TO HER. I’ve written every last one and stayed away from their TV shows and stores, and I’ll continue to do so. Enough is enough.

27. Jan Coe   July 7, 2013 at 10:19 am

I grew up with a mother from the deep south who used the”N” word. When I asked her about it, she said…its nothing honey…its just a word that we use….I don’t mean anything by it. She was Paula’s age….27 years is a long time for idiots to hold a grudge. Judge her by what she is doing now. Her charity, her children who are very successful and kind.
    And I agree with those who say remove every CD that contains that word from the shelves of the stores. BUT…that would never happen. When money is at the root of things, money will win out every time.

28. franacine s sing   July 7, 2013 at 10:16 am

Today I notified the Food Network that I have not only canceled their magazine, but their cable show, and unscribed them off my computer. I also sent them a letter via e-mail telling just why I have done this. I do not know if this will help let them know how many many of us feel, but it is a start. Have Paula’s pot set and untiles as well as many frying pan sets. They are the best. Love you Ms. Paula Deen…

29. Waunita Stoney   July 7, 2013 at 10:10 am

I agree that there must be standards but good grief to be punished to death for what happened 30 yrs. ago that is just crazy . I also would like to say I shop local and wal-mart and target can kiss my butt. I Love Paula Deen and what she stands for . Women are still being controlled by the two standard good ole boys my butt.

30. rosa younger   July 7, 2013 at 10:02 am

I love paula deen’s recipes and cooking shows and will support her efforts to come back. We see all these pictures on internet and in news of Paula at her worst . I want to see one picture of Lisa Jackson, unable to find one, come out of hiding Lisa and I would like to hear more of this lady”s past. Can’t throw a stone without some coming back to hit you.

31. Tammy Trollope   July 7, 2013 at 9:57 am

Paula Deen has my love and support. I still buy her products and watch her TV shows off my DVR. I am baffled and disgusted by the double standards in today’s media and the companies that dropped Ms. Deen before hearing her case to the end. This woman has single handed raised two boys to be wonderful men and developed successful businesses and that should be celebrated. Has anyone in this world NOT made a mistake because I can guarantee that those same people heading the media and the companies that dropped Ms. Deen have and would LIE to keep their empire while Paula was woman enough to be truthful. I know that I have flaws and I respect Paula for hers.

32. Bernice Jones (@bernicejones19)   July 7, 2013 at 9:43 am

Your headline makes it sound like her fans FINALLY showing love — we have shown her love since day one. Look at the Facebook page We Support Paula Deen. 574,000 likes and going up all the time!!

33. Jessica Bayless   July 7, 2013 at 9:41 am

Everyone that has given Paula Deen a hard time about something she said years ago needs to give her a public apology. We have all said something that could be called offensive by someone at some point in our live. We are human and make mistakes. She has apologize more then once for it. There are so many other thing that need the news media and people’s attention. Thing that are happening today and effecting peoples lives.

I, for one, love Deen’s food and will continue to support her by continuing to use her recipe and cooking advice.

34. Diane   July 7, 2013 at 9:29 am

I love Paula Deen and I’m behind her 100 percent.

35. Terry McKee   July 7, 2013 at 9:19 am

You hit the nail on the head in this article!

36. B. Carn   July 7, 2013 at 9:12 am

I read the comments by Cindy Hepner today and I agree with her. To all the companies and the network that dropped Paula Deen, all the merchandise, especially CD(s), that contains the “N” word should be pulled today from the shelves! If PD is on the block for something she said almost 30 years ago, surely the current offenders should have all their stuff pulled from the stores. Do you think PD should cook on OWN? It might help Oprah’s ratings!

• boomboom   July 7, 2013 at 10:07 am

no. to helping oprah…paula could just start her own network instead.

37. Cathie Gatz   July 7, 2013 at 9:05 am

Well, I for one, will be boycotting the corporate America that thinks they can ruin a career just like that. My butter wrappers will be going out this week. I no longer watch Foodnetwork and shame on them. If the other celebrities had any balls or guts they would refuse to film for the company. Who among us can walk the streets and throw the first stone. You would have thought she murdered someone by the behavior of the corporations. It is time to seek out small businesses and not through Foodnetwork. And just as a side note, Paula must be a really good person. When people are really genuine that is when someone tries to rip them down. Hang in there Paula, the troops are coming!

38. Janet Lindner   July 7, 2013 at 8:57 am

Walmart, Target and The Foodnetwork owe Paula Deen a public apology!

39. Cindy Hepner   July 7, 2013 at 8:35 am

To me it’s all been a money game. Some lazy fool that doesn’t want to earn an honest dollar and can extort it from someone like Paula Deen, who fed hundreds of people with The Bag Lady, works for every given food oriented charity, is all about family, faith, and food, and would never intentionally hurt another human being. What ever happened to the so called rapper that stomped on the American Flag then urinated on it? It happened, nothing else said. This was over 20 years ago, why wait so long? Anyone that holds a grudge for that long needs to be put away. Media seekers and the media itself can damage a career faster than the speed of light. I say turn the page and get her own network, Oprah did, and then she can be the Queen of cooking. I would give anything to learn from the Queen. Love ya Paula and don’t ever give up….we need your knowledge and charisma….LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. linda penland   July 7, 2013 at 8:27 am

We talk about bullying among school kids; this is the.. worst case of bullying I have ever seen! The media needs to stop it! They are picking on her because she’s a rich, white southern lady. How dare someone like Paula Deen out do some elitest bunch of snobs who think the world revolves around them. And of course her sponsors go along with the bullying media because they know they can be ruined by them,.

41. Buderf1y   July 7, 2013 at 8:24 am

Since Walmart and Target also dropped her using that word, then shouldn’t they remove all rap cd’s that use that word and are racist against whites? Just a thought.

• Roberta Precious-Robocop Martin   July 7, 2013 at 9:17 am

we posted that on their pages and the comment was deleted on one of the pages but target said ” sounds like what everyone is saying” sadly I think Target and Walmart are going to feel the force of the fans and cave…… I hope they do.

42. Teddi Neal   July 7, 2013 at 8:20 am

Paula Deen has been railroaded, by her network, her benefactors of profits,( Walmart, Target, Caesars, and more) and the news media. She has built an empire through hard work, hard times, and no money to begin it all with, and to top it all off she raised 2 wonderful sons in the process. Paula was born in an era where the word used was common in the south, and it would be very difficult to find anyone raised in the deep south that has not uttered THAT word at sometime during their life, esp in her age bracket, or older. Her crime was being woman enough to admit to her failings, and brave enough to tell the truth. Someone else in her situation would have lied, yes even under oath, to protect all he or she had. Paula Deen is a standup person, honest, caring, and truthful. She should be applauded for not taking the easy way out. So called rap stars can use THE word all the time, and no one blinks an eye. Black people call each other that all of the time,and no reprocussions, but let an elegant lady admit to using it at a time when she was likely in shock, a terrible situation, and she is a racist. Double standards should not apply here. Many of the companies that carried Paula Deen merchandise, that dropped her, have no problem carrying the cds that use that in them constantly. Not likely they will be boycotted for it. My prayers are with Paula and her family.

43. mzharley   July 7, 2013 at 8:19 am

If Food Network had given Paula some slack until all the issues were cleared they would not look like the idiots they look like now. That goes for Walmart, Target, her publishers, and the rest of the idiot lot. A comment made years ago with a gun pointing at her head, even the gun pointer is standing by her and said he was sorry, and as for Lisa Jackson there is no one backing up her story. What goes around comes around. Good Luck Paula, we are standing with you.

44. Donna Kay Joy   July 7, 2013 at 8:13 am

I always watched food network and chopped was one of my favorite shows on there, but you know what? NO MORE! If they can do this to Paula, they can and will do it to anyone!

45. Patty Trussell   July 7, 2013 at 8:12 am

Didn’t I read that Ms. Jackson had done the same thing, wrote a letter to Paula Deen’s lawyer and threaten to go public if she wasn’t paid 1.25 million dollars. Why is this extortion (and arrest) for this man but not for Ms. Jackson?

46. Faye Carter   July 7, 2013 at 7:42 am

Please, let’s put this ridiculous situation to rest and stop using Paula Deen as a person who has committed the ultimate crime. All of us have made mistakes and said things we should not say, but that is life, and she is no more to blame than the rest of us. She has been used and everyone knows it. This is so unfair to treat a sweet and loving lady the way she has been treated. She was doing what she loved and enjoyed, now you have taken it away from her. We want this to end, and Food Network can respect her by giving her job back. That would certainly put Food Network on top of the mountain!

• mike sims   July 7, 2013 at 8:11 am

Yes, but please she should also receive a public
      apology from the Food Network too.

47. Stephanie   July 7, 2013 at 7:38 am

Lisa Jackson’a domestic partner already just came out and said that the whole thing was false. She even said that Lisa Jackson wrote a glowing letter sting how wonderful Paula was!!!! The truth will set you free, Paula! Stay strong! We, your true fans love you!

48. Linda Davis   July 7, 2013 at 7:33 am

I love Paula and I’m behind her 100 percent food network can kiss my you know what if she was a man this wouldn’t be happen wal mart and others can remove her stuff but I just go to her web and order thank you Paula

49. Bonnie   July 7, 2013 at 7:27 am

This wonderful lady supported Obama for president. Where is his support for her?

50. crimjusticeenthusiast   July 7, 2013 at 7:25 am

We love you Paula! Bringing lawsuits like this are as ridiculous as the idiot who sued McDonald’s for spilling hot coffee on herself. Paula deserves none of this and had it been any other person, the incident would not have been nearly as big of a deal; Paula is being targeted. That said, being a Paula fan and a member of ‘We Support Paula Deen’ on Facebook, I’m not backing down or leaving her any time soon; regardless of what happens.

51. Amy Johnston   July 7, 2013 at 7:25 am

Yes i agree with the Media comment and making Kings. It is not there job to think for the American ppl. Only info is needed we can think for ourselves. They are in love with ppl and don’t care for at all and so i don’t watch the news anymore. I also unliked FN and stoppend recording and watching the NFS and stopped watching that channel period. I hope the loose loose loose money and the person that chose to fire Paula who helped to make that network see they lose there job as well.

• Lisa Cantrell   July 7, 2013 at 7:57 am

Totally agree with Amy – not once when the media was putting this out on every channel did I hear them mention that it took place more than 25 years ago. – They are railroading her and I have also stopped watching and recording the FN. Since when do we give such reward to blackmailers?? Executives need to wake up and listen to the people that bring them the all mighty dollar!!

52. Mimi Simpson   July 7, 2013 at 7:13 am

I sent them an email asking about that and also let them know that I am a Paula Deen fan and will not be watching their program again….I’m not expecting a reply…

53. Linda Bailey   July 7, 2013 at 7:01 am

Agree with the statement regarding Martha and Paula. Also applies to politicians and “boys will be boys” with women called names for doing like offenses or less. Perhaps Paula should have raised and marketed fighting dogs, which would, if equal to Vick, resulted in multi-million contract rather than being fired. Seriously, we are slammed with foul language and use of the N word in movies, and are told it’s because “that’s the way it is in real life,” really? I am offended, but apparently in the minority, but at least can change the channel. I would wish Paula good luck, but she is far too much of a quality person that relies on luck. I wish her a great life and recovery.

• Maggie   July 7, 2013 at 7:23 am

Amen

54. Gail Pochop   July 7, 2013 at 6:55 am

I can’t wait for the Food network to start issuing their apologies for the injustice they have done to Paula Deen. Their support of these extortion attempts is appalling.

55. Sharon   July 7, 2013 at 6:52 am

I believe that Paula Deen is a wonderful lady. She started her business from the very bottom, and worked very hard to build it, while raising two boys by herself. From what I have seen, those boys have turned out just fine. I could be in a terrible mood and when I would watch Paula , by the end of her show I was smiling and ready to concur the world. It’s a shame that greedy people in this world don’t want to get off their rear ends and make something out of their self. They had rather sit on their butts and be jealous of who has worked and made something of their life. Those lazy people had rather take the time to cause problems and spread lies and try to destroy . If Paula did say the “N” word once , look at the people out there that use Gods name in vain every other word. Or the rappers that talk about killing police and burning the American Flag. Why cant something be done about that? Why do the companies sell that kind of stuff? Who hasn’t said something in their life that they maybe they should not have said. Paula is a great lady . She has done a lot for people in need.

56. James   July 7, 2013 at 6:50 am

I feel like the Media is not to blaim, It is the execatives of each company. Walmart hates their employees and customers. They only care about the cash that comes in. I know this as I worked for Walmart. They hire people that think they are better than others for their managers and then everyone else is treated like S***. The other stores most likely are the same. The media is covering things as they fold out. The bad thing about media is that they only cover the bad things and not the good, but everyone should know that by now. Do you ever see anything on the news were they say that there was no shootings in Chicago? NO!! Do they ever cover stories where someone helps other people? NO!! The media does not care about good things only bad.

57. Brenda Norris   July 7, 2013 at 6:44 am

Paula deen is an awesome woman and I loved to watch her on the food network. As a matter of fact she is the only one I watched on the food network. Hang in there lady you will be better off in the end and I look for greater opportunitys to come your way. keep your chin up you have nothing to apologize for.

58. cherri harris   July 7, 2013 at 6:38 am

Love Paula, and LOVED the food network. Sorry y’all screwed up 🙁

59. Sharon Casey Harris   July 7, 2013 at 6:33 am

I can’t believe all this backlash to Paula Deen. Others have used the “N” word and not been hung out to dry. Bill Maher calls a down syndrome child a retard and he is still free to continue saying awful things. Let the news media go after him. I like watching Paula’s COOKING show.

60. Jacqueline DaLay   July 7, 2013 at 6:32 am

Paula Deen is a wonderful lady I love her show I always will and shame on the food network for canceling her. I have heard so many slurs made toward others that are never addressed or never brought to light. I do not know any perfect people. Only God is perfect

61. diogenes   July 7, 2013 at 6:31 am

Seems very odd that Foodnetwork still uses her fame on their website…