Peanut Allergy Killed a Teenager

choc-pb-crispy-bars-3-2

A peanut allergy killed a teenager who was with her family at Sacramento Camp in California when she ate the dessert, which contained nuts.

The girl, Natalie Giorgio, 13, immediately tasted it and told her mother, but it was too late. She began vomiting, breathing with difficulty, and finally went into cardiac arrest.

She was pronounced death when she arrived at the hospital.

Kelly Brothers, a family friend who was in the camp said that Natalie bit into a Rice Krispie treat that had a peanut butter frosting: “it was heartbreaking”, withing 20 minutes she went into anaphylactic shock and she was injected with EpiPens but the allergic reaction was too intense.

Peanut allergies are life threatening and in this unfortunate case, killed teenager Natalie Georgio. “While our hearts are breaking over the tragic loss of our beautiful daughter Natalie, it is our hope that others can learn from this and realize that nut and food allergies are life-threatening,” the couple said in a statement. “Caution and care for those (afflicted) should always be supported and taken.”

Written by Edgar Soto

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.