The British Royal baby has been born, and it’s a boy in case you missed it. Most UK residents are celebrating and can’t wait to see when all the festivities will really kick off. Some are even running to their local bookies in order to place bets on what the baby will be named. Even though this is a joyous time there are several reasons for this brand new life not to be too glad that he has been born into this particular family. The list is long, but we have managed to boil it down to these 10 things: why he would not want to be part of this, Royal, family:
- The baby’s grandfather might be the biggest reason why the new Royal boy would not want to be part of the family. However there are so many reasons to think that, that it might be best to start at the beginning. Princess Diana was unfortunate enough to have met Prince Charles when she was only 16 years old. Charles didn’t think that Diana was marriage material at first however his opinion changed. (Not his feelings, his opinions. He coldly calculated that Diana would be a good fit, because she was socially acceptable. Noble, virginal and an all around sweet heart.)
- Charles did have romantic feelings, but not for his wife. He had very curious feelings for Camilla Parker Bowles, the woman who got away from him, but who he has been romantically linked to since 1970 and is now his wife, you might recall this conversation caught on tape. Charles: Oh, god. I’ll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be much easier! Camilla: (Laughs.) What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers? (Both laugh). Oh, you’re going to come back as a pair of knickers. Charles: Or, God forbid, a Tampax. Just my luck! (Laughs.) Camilla: You are a complete idiot! (Laughs.) Oh what a wonderful idea!
- However, Princess Diana did grow up when she was together with Charles and had an affair of her own. She confessed in 1995 to the BBC that she was having an affair with Major James Hewitt. Polo player and friend of the family.
- The baby’s mother, Kate, might have less skeletons in her family’s closet but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t have any. Uncle Gary Goldsmith, the uncle who spoke about his Ibiza villa and called it ” La Maison de Bang Bang.” He even went as far as claiming that William and Kate had be there as well. He also offered the journalist who was interviewing him cocaine and high-class prostitutes.
- Queen Elizabeth’s daughter Princess Anne was also not very fortunate in love. She married a man who went on to have an affair with a New Zealand woman who produced a love child. After the initial humiliation Princess Anne was able to recover her dignity, because she could get divorced and remarry a better man.
- Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, or Fergie, always add a little extra drama to the mix. in 1992 Fergie was caught on camera while her toes were being sucked by a wealthy Texas businessman. If these reasons are not enough for the royal baby boy to start crawling away from this craziness, you might want to continue reading on about the other things on the top 10 list of why he would not want to be part of this family.
- This wasn’t enough scandal for Sarah because she was back in the news in 2010. She was videotaped selling access to her well-connected ex-hubby, Andrew. She demanded outrageous amounts of money and claimed that Andrew knew about these deals. As a weak excuse for her behaviour Fergie said she was tipsy because of the drinks she had just before the meeting.
- Prince Harry, the baby’s uncle, is a bit of a wild child. He was seen in 2005 wearing a Nazi soldier uniform, which he claimed to be wearing because of a Halloween party, however it did not go over well with the crowd. He also got into a fight with a photographer outside a night club in London.
- In the end Prince Andrew does come back on our list because he was the last one to cause scandal recently. When the family was busy planning the royal wedding, Andrew was being accused of being friends with a convicted sex offender and was photographed with a teenage prostitute.
- Does this new baby really wants to be part of this family if he had a choice? In addition should they not feel guilty spending so much money when the country and the rest of the world is in crisis. This last point might not be the most glamorous of the bunch but it might be the strongest reason out of the 10 things we mentioned that might make this royal baby run for the hills. What do you think? Have we missed a point in our “Why he would not want to be part of this family” list? Let us know in the comments.
By Georgina Pijttersen