GTA V iFruit App Delays Android Users from Chop the Dog

Los Santos Customs and Manual missing for millions

technology, gta v, grand theft auto, ifruit, ios, android, gaming

Anger is stemming in the Android community! One GTA V buyer reached out to Guardian Express to state the frustration and disappointment in Rockstar Games. Gamer Goreala stated the iFruit app which enhances the gaming experience is only available to Apple users via the App Store. Rockstar had left a message alert on their site advising the app would soon arrive for Android devices via Google Play. This is baffling many Android users as it pretty notorious Android app creation is easier. On top of that, Apple users are further causing waves by bragging about the features of the iFruit app, especially pet companion Chop the dog.

GTA V iFruit Delays Android Users from Chop the Dog

Dedicated gamers, especially to the Rockstar brand have delivered a bounty of over $1 billion to the company. The outrage is real and honestly it is justifiable.  Gamers are missing out on serious gameplay action that enhances the user experience. The features include: Los Santos Customs, Chop the Dog and The Manual. Breaking down the features shows where the anger is understood.

• Los Santos Customs - Gamers have the access and pure creative freedom to create their own vehicle. Not to create further irk in the Android community but gamers can create their own personalized plates. Much like visiting the BMV, the personalized plate orders are limited. This can leave millions of Android users out in the cold when it comes to ordering their own. Users can review upgrades on the car, such as the brakes, engine and wheels. Include a bad-ass spoiler to rock the GTA world.
  • Chop the Dog – If Franklin is a favorite character to interact with, gamers will love his canine sidekick, Chop the Dog. The Chop app assists the gamer in feeding, playing and watering the content pooch. Gamers may face an unpleasant surprise if they neglect the rotty.
  • GTA V Manual - This feature missing from any buyer is a crying shame. The manual is no longer in a book format. Rockstar was innovative in delivering the manual via app access to locate features, credits and finding points of interest. It seems common sense did not reign to put this manual on the site or another accessible format for all users to download easily.

GTA V iFruit Delays Android Users from Chop the Dog

Over a week ago (a day after the iOS download) iOS device holders had the opportunity to access the apps. Android device holders waited patiently, and now that patience is turning into outright anger. Gamers smashed Rockstar with intense sales and want the promise of apps fulfilled. Windows users are also waiting for this app- there has been no word from Rockstar if BlackBerry users will receive an app, causing a greater level of discontent. Further still are gamers who own no mobile phones and may lose out on all of the feature apps available.

Gamers like Goreala continue to wait and many more have already completed the game without an app. The buyers are hitting forums and even the Rockstar site to share their anger over what seems like a deal of exclusivity between Apple and Rockstar. It appears that way when the app is called iFruit and no name or release date for Android has been suggested or hinted.

What has been hinted are fraud apps on the Google Play store. This of course becomes a catch-22 for Rockstar. If scammers are seemingly creating apps in abundance on the Google Play store, why can’t a highly popular gaming powerhouse? Gamers should thoroughly review any apps on the Google Play store before downloading them. If unofficial and not released by Rockstar, do not download the app. It can create severe issues with your current OS and change settings or worse access information.

Official iOS iFruit app

Official iOS iFruit app

Unofficial on Google Play- do not download!

Unofficial on Google Play- do not download!

Android users are showing disappointment with a brand they invested money into. Rockstar should have foreseen the impending strike back from gamers when separating app access to enhance game play. Hopefully, Rockstar will rectify this for Android, Windows and even non-mobile gamers and not join the list of companies on the gamer blacklist. The website Care 2 Petition Site is an online meeting place for gamers to demand refunds of online gaming. One has to sadly wait to see how Rockstar will resolve over this failed app download for Android users.

Angelina Bouc

Recent - GTA V Online Details, Cash Packs and Cost…[click here]

Sources
Gamer Goreala
Rockstar Games
Phones Review
The Petition Site

41 Responses to GTA V iFruit App Delays Android Users from Chop the Dog

1. michael November 12, 2013 at 5:37 pm

In all honestly do not believe rockstar games really cares for any of these complaints. They made their millions and make millions every month from people still paying for online content in hopes there will be a fix. In my experience personally there were a few things. #1 rockstar never responded to my emails…#2 for windows phone they tell me to download itunes to my device ( which of course is not available for windows phones and with emails to itunes multiple times no response from them neither). So one is left with this, when will the customer be right again? Apparently no time soon from lack of support nor options. My idea make a new expansion cd which holds the info (or dl format) and for those who have been waiting for months for this..mail it to them as ifs not only illogical to force someone to pay for your mistake but its also the sensible thing to do ( oh wait rockstar management has no sensibility anymore). Anyone care to go dig up diamonds while we wait for a reply???

2. Steve Thomas October 28, 2013 at 1:00 pm

IFruit is out today on android. Too bad its incompatible with almost all android devices. I have 6 devices and its incompatible on all of them. Such a fail.

3. Nathan Quinn October 18, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Stupid I phone and everything I. IPhone looks bigger because it’s one device. There are millions more androids. jus spread over multiple devices. God android is the bigger market. . Fail. I Wont my money back

4. Immanuel Alston October 18, 2013 at 1:48 am

I guess the app is kind of irrelevant now. I thought it would be cool back when I played the story mode, but chop wasnt very important at all, and custom plates don’t really matter either. Its been over a month since gta5 came out, and I don’t have a lot of faith in it. Plus, it doesnt have a ton of use, and I think rockstar is just hoping everyone forgot. And its use was rather limited anyway

5. Jack Deth October 17, 2013 at 10:03 am

And why the hell isn’t there an in-game option for those who don’t own android or iOS devices, nor do we want to? This is nonsense, separating in-game features to other devices that have nothing to do with the console we are playing the game upon. Disappointed in Rockstar all around with this nonsense pandering.

6. SplitSoul October 12, 2013 at 1:39 pm

they should just make it a free in game dlc for the in game cell phone or make it into a facebook app so people can link the game with there facebook accounts it would make things so much more easy on everyone

7. Chelsea October 12, 2013 at 9:55 am

I just got GTA5 and now Im being told that the chop the dog companion app doesn’t work on android phones! If I had known this I would have waited for that instead of wasting time and missing out on all the fun. Come on big rockstar people, you can do better than that. I hope……….

8. dougie October 10, 2013 at 9:57 am

I bought this stupid app and it doesn’t work on Xperia z phone totally gutted as had to pay for it also can this b fixed for android????

9. SirWilliam October 9, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Another search on Google Play and im still left with wanting…. sigh…

10. Robert H October 8, 2013 at 3:47 am

There is obviously a deal going. ” delay release to everything but ios or we sue the pants off of you for comming too close to our logos and icons” We are all just waiting so rockstar doesent get sued to nothingness by apple.

• Riordan October 9, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I highly doubt that as apple doesnt actually have a trademark on the whole iWhatever, and the logos don’t come close enough for a trademark patient infringement, plus you then get into arguments about digital verses real world, plus that phone you blow up early on in the game has the tile layout of windows phone

11. josh miller October 5, 2013 at 7:52 am

I for one am a little ticked off rockstar has never let me down in the past I been a avid rockstar gamer for well over 10 years now and I feel they rushed the game I bought gta5 for online and still had to wait 3 weeks to have that launch. And now im getting punished because I wont waist my time with apples o.s. as a long time android user and a long time gamer I feel this new wave of apps supported gaming is a great idea but I also feel the apps shouldnt be released unless the whole community I.os and android os can be downloaded at the same time get your stuff together rockstar id hate to have to wait to buy a game untell everything was released and had I known all these waits where going to take place I would have never spent my money on gta5 I probably would have taken my money to violation and get sr4

12. rumplestiffskin October 5, 2013 at 3:28 am

Ok…wow how long does it take for a game company who designs game software to put out a .50 cent app. People make apps all the time maybe it should have been put on the disk idk. I think the social club should have had the ifruit options to start with

13. say what October 3, 2013 at 3:33 pm

I am a gta fan and android user. The ap should not have been released on iphone until android version was ready. This is not proper way to do things and not fair as I payed same as everyone else n can’t play all features.

14. Riordan October 2, 2013 at 12:47 am

some thing worth noting, with all the problems that the app, and the multiplayer has has thus far, do you really think that adding android users immediately would have been a good idea? As an android user I see quite often apps are released on iOS first (vine, instagram) which does prove smart, with a smaller user base, but still a decent enough user base, iOS makes a great place for developers to beta test. rockstar may use iOS to work out what they need to do to make the android experience better, and as many commenters are made clear, thats what they want, the best possible things with the fewest glitches and what not, and that does take time

15. rachel rice October 1, 2013 at 10:45 pm

I don’t play but my boyfriend beat the game tonight and was bugging me to get this app for my nook. Didn’t realize till tonight it only was for apple and on my macbook pro you can’t even get it off the app store like some other games. just strange.

16. Skai October 1, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Did you do any research at all. The only stuff we’re really missing out on is the license plate and training chop. The license plate is well worth being angry over, but chop just makes it easier to find hidden packages and keeps him from crapping outside his doghouse. I have the strategy guide so I don’t even need him for finding stuff. LS Customs is available in game with more options than the app. The manual was available as a pc download from the very beginning. The manual isn’t even all that useful. It’s just the stupid little book that comes in the game case. Who actually reads that anyway? The ifruit app is just a little party favor. It would be next to useless if not for the license thing.

• Angelina Bouc October 1, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Yes. Since I have an Android, I couldn’t do the hands-on, but Rockstar provided adequate information. Sure, the manual is available via PC, but many smartphone users wanted it at hand while gaming, not everyone wants to waste through a few print cartridges to print it out or may not have a laptop. Where the frustration resides? It comes across as an exclusivity hit against those who do not have access to the iPhone. Thank you so much for your comment!

17. Ryan ingberg October 1, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I understand the frustration for android users, but as someone who has the app don’t think it’s worth all the hype. I am pretty sure most android users will have expected more as I did.

18. Justin October 1, 2013 at 5:37 pm

It is sad. The app should have been released when both apps were available. Instead they release the Apple version. It is really stupid of them. They should have known that buyers of the game would be pissed. Not to mention their GTA 5 online died after being up for only a few minutes.

19. Keenan Lyle October 1, 2013 at 11:37 am

What about the blackberry users ? We also need the app to play the game , no one would like a half game…we don’t have android or iphones…Must we now buy android or iphones just to get app to make the game better…

• Angelina Bouc October 1, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Thus far it seems Android/Windows may get the app. There has been no word from Rockstar if they plan on releasing one for BlackBerry, unfortunately :/

20. Keenan September 30, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Come on Rockstar! I have such high hopes for everything you guys put out. And you always deliver. You Have Such a Loyal fan base that will jump on the the rockstar bandwagon just because of the quality that you have displayed in the past with all your projects. But this time it was a real disappointment for myself and hundreds of millions of other fans. Not having features available for your gamers is a major failure. especially after so many years to perfect these things. In closing i feel this was biased and hope things like this don’t continue. Its the little things like this that can alter your consumers choices drastically.

21. Mike September 30, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Epic fail Rockstar! Epic fail! As an android user I will be keeping this fail in mind the next time Rockstar releases a game. I will not be buying any new Rockstar game until it is already released and the details are made available. Had I been aware of this huge failure by Rockstar I would have just waited and bought this game used!

22. Michael September 30, 2013 at 9:24 am

This sucks I’m
    almost done with the game an still nothing .

23. scott hash September 29, 2013 at 7:53 am

Paying full price for half finished software seems to be the norm now and it is bullcrap. Every console game now seems to be FULL of bugs and glitches at launch. Not to mention they never have all the features they claim to. They wait until after release and then say. “Oh yea, well that feature just wasn’t possible, but thanks for your money”. Rockstar used to be above this release finished products a step above the competition. GTAV while being an amazing game is full of glitches and bugs on top of being unfinished according to their pre release promise…they have joined the club of crappy game developers only after the $…… Guess Bungie will become the new gaming holy grail…sorry Rockstar, you failed…

24. Matthew September 29, 2013 at 7:45 am

This article reads like it was abused by Google translate and left to rot in the sun.

25. CL September 29, 2013 at 7:28 am

I agree…android users should get and extra feature for waiting

26. speedykent September 29, 2013 at 7:27 am

I am also feeling left out..no custom made cars suck…about 50% done and tired of waiting,would love to had a custom car for the online..something like the hot knife..

27. chris newton September 29, 2013 at 7:19 am

I understand there might be a few kinks to work out on the app but for us android users and our patients I believe it is only fare that we get a little something more such as a weapon or a custom car or make chop do something special that the I phone users can’t. Its just not fare that here we still wait but yet we spent the same amount of money we deserve something more.

28. Dan September 29, 2013 at 7:06 am

yes I too am extremely disappointed, I have an Android phone, I bought the game 2 weeks ago, that company made a billion dollars, but the company seems pretty worthless to me. I have been waiting for the chop app. good thing I have other games to play, I’m about 40 percent into GTA 5 and stopped playing

29. fake1 September 29, 2013 at 6:53 am

They tuk uhr jubs!

30. Stephen landry September 29, 2013 at 5:47 am

So no dog tricks for ifruit on android?. Or is this just a delay

• Angelina Bouc September 29, 2013 at 7:19 am

Hi Stephen, we are being told this is a delay. Hopefully, Rockstar updates everyone across the board to save some face. This of course still causes issues for gamers who don’t own a smartphone.

31. Rob September 29, 2013 at 2:42 am

Pre order the game why don’t you we at rockstar would love the money before you receive the product.. And then we will also stop you from getting the application ohh should we hold Multiplayer off as well just to be nice

32. David Sanderson September 28, 2013 at 11:25 pm

As an apology to android owner’s, rockstar should offer a special code for the delay

We will read your comment immediately so leave a remark!

RSS Guardian Express

• Phoenix Suns Playoff Hopes Ends With Promising Future April 16, 2014
    A year ago, the Phoenix Suns had the worst record in the Western Conference and the fourth worst record in the entire NBA. As a result, not many expected them to have a good season. As a result, the Suns  put in a solid season showcasing they have a promising future, but unfortunately their playoff […]
    Simon Mounsey
  • Is Ebola Virus Getting Under Control? April 16, 2014
    Health experts report that deaths from the recent Ebola outbreak in West Africa are slowing, which is a sign that the latest outbreak of the deadly virus may finally be getting under control. The current outbreak has killed more than 120 people and, unlike previous outbreaks, has spread beyond the forested rural villages into a […]
    Dyanne Weiss
  • Ukraine and the Spillover Effect April 16, 2014
    Worries over Ukraine tend to focus on the very immediate concerns of the conflict. These include potential economic downturns, the increasing influence of Russia in the world, and most obviously, the potential for Ukraine to be invaded aggressively by Russia, among many others. However, these concerns are part of what should be greater worries about […]
    Brett Byers-Lane
  • 100 Schoolgirls Kidnapped by Terrorists: Nigeria April 16, 2014
    Boko Haram Islamist group entered a government secondary school in Nigeria heavily armed, in a night raid and abducted more than 100 schoolgirls. Boko Haram Islamists are a known affiliate of al Qaeda militants in the Sahara. The group has made no statement as of yet after the terrorists kidnapped the 100 schoolgirls. Boko Haram, […]
    Jabar Morarend
  • Clemson Kicks Nephew of NFL Great Jim Kelly off Team April 16, 2014
    Clemson University head coach Dabo Swinney has kicked redshirt sophomore quarterback Chad Kelly, the nephew of former NFL great Jim Kelly, off the team for conduct issues, Swinney announced Monday. According to reports, Kelly has exhibited a pattern of behavior inconsistent with the aim of the Clemson program. The departure of star quarterback Tajh Boyd […]
    Rick Sarlat