GTA V Online Details, Cash Packs and Cost
GTA V Online Now!
Rockstar hit their blog to detail some information to those who will be hitting the online portion of GTA V. Rumors started shortly after the release of a cash system being introduced for online gaming. The gaming powerhouse company is asking for patience from gamers during the first few weeks of roll-out, to tweak any minor isues and make it a smooth process of integration. Rockstar is not only introducing some new features, but lower costs for cars and other items. In addition, they are rolling out cash cards gamers can purchase for a few bucks. Read on for more information.
- Gamers who sign-up for the online portion of gaming will have access to an online forum. Here, gamers can discuss feedback and share their experience with other gamers. The idea sounds nice, but with all things gaming and forum, it can be guaranteed levels of flaming and trash talk will pick-up.
- A gamer can join in the online melee with 15 other friends to go bike riding, hit the shooting range, stop and rob an armored truck and build the legacy of Reputation.
- Stay connected with all, some of your friends or maybe go solo and grab a job. This is not the average “do you want fries with that?” gig. Players and their bad-ass crew will be able to join the world of mercenaries, or just become straight-up trouble makers.
- Gamers do not have to toggle between three players. Rockstar is opening the level of creativity to each gamer. Yes! Gamers will have the ability to create their own character and personalize it to make the experience a fully, immersed one.
- Reputation is earned by whatever paths chosen by the gamer and their crew. Will the crew be known for winning drag races or just becoming the robbers of the century? In addition, Rockstar is introducing the cash and play aspect. It is an optional feature to purchase cash cards to buy things faster. This will be covered below. Before an avid gamer asks, no, the money cannot be transferred to Story Mode from Online Mode.
- Gamers can create their own deathmatch races, enjoy a new selection of beach vehicles and apparel.
- Be still gamer heart! The servers have already crashed a few times with the release of the over $1 billion wonder of GTA V offline. One can only imagine the beating servers will take with the online play.
- This online version is not PC (petitions are going wild right now.) This is for console play and with all things online on the console, gamers will need an Internet connection and their console membership.
Cash and Cost
Cash packs are coming to online play! For those who enjoy the wonders of Story Mode cheat codes for more money, it will not transfer for Online Mode play. This means Rockstar is looking to close the gap of opportunity of online cheating. The cash packs, per Rockstar, is not mandatory. In a display of gamer solidarity, Rockstar has even lowered the price of cars extensively. Gamers can see the same pricing for weapons, if not a bit more.
If gamers do not want to wait to complete heists or additional money inducing missions, there is the GTA$. The levels of the cash packs are not very expensive and overall cash packs can even be seen for the ordinary games online like Candy Crush and Angry Birds. Below are the levels of the cash pack cards:
- Great White Shark Cash Card will cost an American player $20 and £13.49. This will amount to $1.2 million for online cash.
- Bull Shark Cash Card will cost Americans $10 and £6.99 which amounts to $500k for online play.
- The Tiger Shark Cash Card will run American gamers $5 and £3.49, resulting in $200k for online cash use.
- Finally, the minimal denomination is the $3/£1.99 cash pack which gives a player $100k for online cash use.
Players can enjoy more affordable rides. Some cars are lowered by well over $650k to appease the minds of those who are worried about the game racking up a massive credit card bill. Some early online players are calling it an “MMO” feel and are still becoming accustomed to the lobby full of world-wide players. Remember to allow time to grow with the online features and do not abandon the Story Mode completely to become an online addict.
Enjoy the Play
Rockstar is looking to show its love and appreciation to the millions of fans who stormed online retailers and stores to purchase the most wanted game in the world. Gamers can visit the Social Club on the Rockstar games website to connect with other players and plan ways to rule the streets. The GTA V online gaming world is here. Details, cash and costs included. Will you be logging in to mark your Reputation in the hottest game on the planet?