How to Transfer Android Information to an iPhone

technology, iphone, android, smartphones, transferring information

With the upcoming release of two iPhone models; the iPhone 5S and 5C, many Android users may be looking to convert to Apple. Smartphones have become a staple for many; housed on the device are pictures, contacts and videos. When searching for a new phone, customers hate taking the gamble of losing valuable information. When moving to iOS from Android, information no longer has to be lost. There are some valuable tools to transfer Android information to an iPhone.

Don’t expect to transfer over text messages or call logs, since that is operating system specific. If there is a text message that is important for you to keep, forward it to your e-mail address. The next step is to back up the Android phone to a computer. Use a USB connector to do this and go to My Computer from your desktop.  Simply use your mouse to click and drag videos, pictures and music to your desktop. Of course, if you have hundreds of pictures, consider creating a New Folder and transfer your information there.

Contacts are a bit trickier, but not impossible. One way of transferring contacts from your Android for future use to your iPhone, is to leave the USB plugged in. Go to Contacts and select Import/Export, and export to storage. If your Android gives you an option to save to computer, opt for that selection. If not, export to storage or SIM, then copy the .vcf file to your computer.

Another option for transferring contact is by downloading an app, such as CopyTrans Contacts. You can then select Import/Export from your contacts, select Export to USB storage. The phone will ask you to confirm your export to a .vcf file, confirm yes. You can then connect your new iPhone and import your new contacts (be sure to set-up your iPhone e-mail first).

The reason I suggest CopyTrans Contacts is because the app allows you keep address information, e-mails and alternatives numbers. This is not so guaranteed if you manually transfer without the app. The contact steps may be completely useless if the newest iPhone comes out with NFC technology and allows the compatibility of transferring contacts without a pesky USB cable. That would be nice!

Another alternative way to export contacts is to sync both phones to Google contacts. This is another simple and easy concept if you want your e-mail addresses included with your contacts. Of course, many users may opt to just use iTunes, but for consumers who don’t have iTunes on their system these steps are great methods to control an otherwise madness.

If you’re going the opposite spectrum and moving into an Android from iPhone, the contact transfer steps are a bit easier. Access your iTunes account, connect your iPhone to your computer, go to Info and select Sync Contacts with Google Contacts. You can also use iCloud , and export VCard and move to your Android’s sdcard directory. You can also use an app, like My Contacts Backup for iOS, to backup and email the .vcf file to your Gmail account.

This article focused specifically on Android to iPhone, since iPhone releases are a pretty big deal. Sure, the Galaxy brand is amazing, but they also come out with more models, more frequently. Millions of new users are looking to make the switch from Android to Apple, and these steps can guide you on how to transfer Android information to your new iPhone. Happy smartphone hunting!

Angelina Bouc
Editorial

13 Responses to "How to Transfer Android Information to an iPhone"

1. Bruby YaYa   January 29, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Well, there are many ways you can try to transfer data bewteen iPhone and Android, here i’d like to show you an easy one:

2. Bruby YaYa   January 4, 2015 at 7:29 pm

I hope this post about how to transfer Android files to iPhone, and it worked great for me.

3. Xilay Bio   September 9, 2014 at 12:58 am

Because of their different OS, you cannot connect iPhone with Android directly. Although Google acoount cna help to transfer contacts, other files cannot transfer via the same way. So the best way is to Google some transfer software.

4. eudoraangus   August 12, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Try this thing when you have some free time. Remove your sim card, clean it with a cotton cloth and then insert back into your phone, wait for about a minute and then switch it on. This worked for me and I hope it will do the same for you. Actually you can also try to use Android to iPhone transfer, it is a powerful tool designed for transferring from Android phone to Apple phone.

5. Lindsay   July 20, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Why not use some android backup tool. With iPubsoft Android Desktop Manager, you can transfer all the android data from any android.

6. Gato   June 18, 2014 at 12:15 am

I’m an iPhone user with an old 3GS. Now I’m going to switch it to a new 5s.
    Do you know how I can transfer contacts from the old phone to the new one?

7. xczx231   June 12, 2014 at 7:50 pm

When I want to switch from android to iPhone. I first use Android Mobile Manager to backup my android data to computer, and then import them to the iPhone. Here is teh first step:

8. xczx231   June 10, 2014 at 12:54 am

I use this Vibosoft Android Mobile Manager to transfer my android data to computer.

9. Copeland Lee (@copelandlee08)   May 16, 2014 at 2:29 am

contacts, photos, music and videos can be transferred from android to iphone

10. Leon Williamson   January 20, 2014 at 1:14 am

I usually use iTransfer to switch numbers from my iPhone to my android phone.

11. marciaeleanor   January 20, 2014 at 12:20 am

As we know, iPhone data doesn’t support group. If you need to group your data. It would be better use icloud or some third party tool like iPhone to Android Transfer. It is so outstanding a transferring tool that you can use it to transfer contacts, videos, pictures, call logs, apps, and more data between iPhone and Android. No matter you use Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Sony or other Android phones, you can connect it to your computer so as to transfer data to iPhone with the help of iPhone to Android Transfer..More information you can click here: http://www.android-recovery.net/iphone-to-android-transfer.html

12. Joey Monagan (@JoeyMonMe)   September 5, 2013 at 3:30 am

I was able to transfer my HTC contacts to iPhone using this method:

Regarding calendar events, I just synced my iPhone with my Google Calendar as I was already doing that on the HTC. The only trouble I am having is moving SMS messages between the too. I don’t think that’s possible.

13. victoranker   September 3, 2013 at 2:13 am

I am moving from Galaxy II to the new iPhone and am using Android to iPhone Transfer to transfer my android contacts to the iPhone.
    Get the program here: