iOS7 – A “Bad Apple”? Top Five Complaints

Are you happy with iOS7?

Is iOS7 more of a bad apple than a revolutionary new Apple innovation? There have been many complaints including the top five below.

The other day I did an article about how well the new iOS7 and the new iPhone5s are doing business-wise (Click here to read that article).

On paper, the company looks like it can do no wrong. In the first week of launching, it had over 200 million downloads of its new OS and the new iPhones5s were flying off of store shelves. Both products produced record-breaking sales numbers for Apple Inc.

Then I saw my bestfriend, a long-time Apple user, who was furious at how the iOS7 has “messed up her iPhone4.” She said the user interface looked kiddy and very similar to Android. She couldn’t figure out how to take a video on her iPhone, and sometimes she couldn’t even properly place calls or texts. At one point, she kept borrowing my Android phone to make plans with others.

Then I asked myself, is Apple really living up to Steve Jobs’ standard of giving the customer new ways to improve their life or are they more concerned with breaking record sales and keeping shareholders happy?

According to a Twitter user, “#iOS7 is the worst thing #apple ever did.” Some of the most recent complaints about the new operating system are the following:

1. Many users have been bothered about a nauseating experience similar to motion sickness with the iOS7. An unhappy user complained on Fox News that they, “Have headaches and nausea for [the] past three days…[I] can’t stand to look at my phone screen anymore while opening/closing apps. I just close my eyes or look away.” This might be caused by the “parallax” feature on the iOS7 that makes the background move back and forth in a subtle way.

2. To mature-minded individuals, the iOS7 also has a kiddy, overly-simple appearance and with no widgets, the screen is still very static. It has no stimulating movement unlike the icons found on Android and Windows phones.

3. iOS7 seems to have a lower battery life. One YouTube user said, “iOS7 is so bad it turns itself off.” Another rant on Twitter said, “ios7 update is f***ed!!!! My battery is being munched on faster than PAC man would.. #apple #sortitout.” At the very least, one way you might be able to fix this problem is to turn off the automatic upgrades of apps running in the background in the phone settings.

4. Some people find that there are many new hard-to-use features. The Control Center, AirDrop and iTunes Radio are fun additions, but you generally have to take some time to find your way around the new iOS7.

One small feature that users hate is the smaller space bar on the touch screen keyboard. They wind up repeatedly hitting the period key instead and that alone can cause aggravation. And the text on the new screens are also thinner and more airy-looking causing many people to squint even when they are simply looking at the time.

5. And, once you start using iOS7, you can’t go back. There is just no going around it. Apple apparently did have the option for users to go back to iOS6 for a short while, but now, the iOS7 is a done deal. If you have not yet upgraded (or some would say, “downgraded”) your iPhone’s OS, make sure you are 100% comfortable with the iOS7 or else you might be stuck with a phone you can’t stand using. The latest iOS7.0.2 has just been released. Let’s see how that one fares better than its predecessor.

Is Apple Inc. still following Steve Jobs’ vision of “sell dreams not products”or is the technology leader starting to fail under the loss of leadership of their most celebrated visionary?

I know personally, my best friend would love to get her good old iOS6 back on her iPhone and forget about the iOS7 upgrade altogether.

By: Chelo Aestrid

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

73 Responses to "iOS7 – A “Bad Apple”? Top Five Complaints"

1. aquarophysics   March 29, 2014 at 8:18 pm

This is worse ios ever very

2. Daryll T.   March 4, 2014 at 7:22 am

I like apple products and their quality but their price is almost 2 times that of competing products. My family has bought Apple products over the years, but sparingly. Price being the main constraint. My big complaint now is with the iOS7 update it disabled alot of 3rd party charging cables. Not only do they rape you on the product but now they remove the ability to charge the product without “their” cables. Surfing the web I determine that the manufacturing cost for the cables is between $1.21 and $3.30 US. So depending on the numbers they are charging between 100% to over 200% of what they pay. It’s a freaking cable and they charge $30. If they want to price themselves out of the market that’s their prerogative but to purposely sabotage existing hardware is a disgrace and a sign of disrespect to their customers intelligence. It’s looking like another American company trying to squeeze the customer for every dime and not remembering that when there are good competing products, customers of the future look elsewhere where they might be treated better. Remove the hardware block. Pontiac, Plymouth, SaaB, Android and Windows are the words of the day.

3. Neil   February 10, 2014 at 12:47 pm

The worst thing about IOS7 is what it has done to previously good apps. My calendar doesn’t synchronise any more, FaceTime is very buggy and sometimes crashes. The music player is horrible. The mail keeps telling me I have mail and there isn’t. It plays the sending sound before it sends. It doesn’t update every time you swipe down. I’m glad I didn’t upgrade my ipad.

4. John   February 5, 2014 at 10:51 pm

This is terrible!!! I just upgraded my phone and can’t stand it!!!!!
    What were you guys thinking??????
    I’m going with a new phone!!!
    My screen is screaming at me- stressed right out.
    Bloody hell!!!!!

5. Goodbye Apple   January 30, 2014 at 1:58 pm

As a businessman, there are no words to adequately describe the nightmare hell that my iPhone 4S has become since “upgrading” to iOS7. It HAS cost me lost business when calls were frozen into VM and could not be retrieved for 24 hours. The catalog of misery I have chronicled is now up to nine different problems with a phone I previously loved. Who cares if Apple will be a great stock because it’s selling a million phones to China? There’s a lag time between the “honeymoon” period of product ownership and the reality of what the consumer is getting, so you better watch your Apple stock for trends downward if you own any. I’m DONE with the company: awful, snarky “geniuses” in the stores, wanting $19 just to speak to someone about a simple problem via telephone support. Really??? It’s just a matter of time. Poor, brilliant Steve Jobs is turning in his grave.

6. Paul   January 25, 2014 at 1:23 am

I am a long time Apple customer and have never made a public comment on anything until now. I agree with all the poor user experience posts. It is poor policy in my eyes not to allow customers the option to downgrade. I am tired of software companies in general holding me hostage to their improvements if I don’t need or want them. I have been considering a new phone. Guess what, it won’t be an Apple!

7. john   January 7, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Posted by modengo

I hate IOS 7, made my iphone 4 really really slow, lacking. It’s horrible. Drains battery fast, lagging in typing, opening apps. it takes few sec for that now. No, not few milllisec but 3-4 seconds! same goes with camera, when typing it doesn’t catch half of what I type, added features were not necessity. I WON’T buy any apple product. I ordered iphone 5s but sold it to a friend, i’m using my buyers strenght. So f* you apple, no more iphone, ipad or macbook. Overpriced piece of sh*t.

*****Yea….. you really showed apple. do you realise by buying the iPhone 5s you are supporting them hahahaha

8. modengo   January 1, 2014 at 6:21 am

9. Char Jones   December 16, 2013 at 6:17 am

I’m so frustrated, I’m leaving public comments. And I never leave public comments! This is so bad; it has changed my mind about purchasing an iPad. I hate this interface because I am experiencing everything written in this article. I now can’t leave home without my charger in my purse and am going to buy a battery case. Did they design this so that only children would want an iPhone? If so, they may get their wish.

10. Mark   December 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm

There seems to be agreement here; iOS7 sucks. Change just for change’s sake is really not necessary. This “upgrade” has made me vow that I will leave the overpriced, pretentious CRAPPLE products gathering dust at their snobby stores (Really? Geniuses?…give me a break).

11. Ilian   December 6, 2013 at 2:03 pm

It’s the worst mobile software in the world, ti crashes constantly, it’s so laggy, it drains battery life, the keyboard reacts 2 seconds after I type on it, wi-if issues, design looks unfinished & childish even stupid as if made for idiots. The whole look of the software is crap, it seems now Apple is coping Android on multitasking and needs to catch up, it’s really low of them not allowing they’re customers to downgrade to their preferred OS. I will never buy an apple product again & I will advise everyone the same, I am switching on to android. Ps: Writing this from an iPad 4th gen 128gb Wi-Fi.

12. Marcelo   November 21, 2013 at 10:31 pm

IOS 7 is horrible. Poor. Boring. disappointing. A very bad step. A realy bad user xperience.

13. Donks   November 17, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Well I’ve given it a month on my iPad. iOS7 blows.

14. William   November 14, 2013 at 5:00 am

Not to the author:
    ‘Best friend’ is TWO WORDS. So is ‘back yard,’ ‘every day,’ ‘every time,’ etc. You only use backyard and everyday as adjectives. Apple messing up an OS is one thing, but sloppy writers like you on autopilot are MESSING UP OUR LANGUAGE.

• William   November 14, 2013 at 5:22 am

Oops… ‘note.’

• Joey   November 15, 2013 at 5:29 am

Quit being a pussy and stfu about spelling mistakes

• Chelo Aestrid   December 17, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Your comments are hilarious William. Karma is a real b*tch. Your first word alone is a spelling error and you’re trying to correct my mistakes??? Thank you for the corrections though. You did help me, but I think your real mistake was coming off so harsh. You don’t have to be mean to help people. I think our general global culture is messing up this language alone without any help from me. And thanks for your comment Joey.

15. Nic   November 7, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Apple will always make the best product and it is sad that people are so closed minded and cannot accept change. If you want to be stuck with the same software for years then go to a Company who is nothing but a copycat of Apple. Oh I’d love to see what you will do when your Android software glitches out and where you would go. Also good luck figuring things out on a Samsung. Apple had the same look of their software for almost a decade, they wanted to introduce new features and a new look to make YOUR experience better so get the hell over it! iOS on iPhone 4? Do some research first and don’t upgrade the software on the older generation phone. Or better idea! upgrade your 3 year old phone!! Common sense anyone?

16. Simon   October 29, 2013 at 7:43 am

I think that hardware design is different from software design. Hardware design should be as minimal and simple as possible because you can physically touch it, but software design should be as realistic and intuitive as possible because you cannot physically touch it. Otherwise, things become chaotic. Simple. Didn’t upgrade to iOS7 the moment I saw the overall design. Will stop buying Apple products any more.

17. Hazeldene   October 24, 2013 at 2:43 am

What really annoys me is that I now have 7000 emails on my phone & ipad that I can’t get rid of, and Disqus comments won’t open.

18. Tiffany a   October 22, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Happy to say I still have not updated my iphone4s. I hate the ios7 look and refuse to download it. I love the way apple originally looks. It’s what made their users so different and appealing

19. Leland   October 18, 2013 at 6:41 am

Give me back the old IOS 6 I really don’ t like the new downgrade!

20. ios6forevz   October 18, 2013 at 4:15 am

ios7 is an android ripoff. RIP Apple was bound to follow after RIP Steve. Timmy’s bad!

21. Martin S27   October 16, 2013 at 11:28 pm

iOS7 is ugly and slow. I hated it on my iPhone 4 so much, I went to a cellphone store and bought a used Android smartphone. Never will buy Apple again.

22. Laksana   October 15, 2013 at 7:32 am

After upgrading to iOS7, I never wanna use my iPhone. I can’t believe this feeling’s gonna happen to me as I really loved using and looking at the beautiful screen and smooth feeling of my iPhone4. All the good things are gone. Tim, you’re ruining the best thing Steve has created. All I’d ask from you is to allow me to downgrade (or for me it’s an “upgrade”) back to iOS4-6 please or I’ll never use iPhone again as there’s no difference using iPhone, Android or Windows phones.

• Hazeldene   October 24, 2013 at 2:32 am

I totally agree, I used to love the way the iphone looked, one of the main reasons I bought it, (its my 3rd iphone) now its like a cheap child’s toy, and I hate it, and I also hate what iOS7 did to my ipad (it was my favourite gadget ever before the update). I am about ready to get rid of them both now because of how everything doesn’t work like it used to & I will never buy Apple again.

23. Anon   October 11, 2013 at 6:23 am

Awful. Upgrade broke the wi-fi chip in my phone!! Unbelievable. Appalling “upgrade”. I will sell my iPhone and go for Android. Will never buy another Apple product again.

24. Kerynn   October 10, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I don’t know what all the fuzz is about. I quite like the new update.

25. Andy Marks   October 8, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Ios 7 came out way early.No real problems got fixed.They got worse.Apple is going down the drain.But ios 6 is not without it’s problems is it?And why would you leave your company to someone with no commen sense or real direction?

26. id   October 7, 2013 at 5:37 am

Petitions for downgrading to iOS6….

27. Thaze   October 6, 2013 at 4:46 pm

This will be my last Apple product. Absolute garbage.

28. Sarmila   October 6, 2013 at 9:37 am

Even I hate. Next will be Samsung note 3
    Bye for iPhone.

29. Jules   October 6, 2013 at 8:21 am

I have iPhone4S and I hate the update! The calendar is awful!! I had many problems calling and receiving calls. I am so mad. This was a down grade! I want them to reverse this.

30. louise   October 5, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I will revert back to windows etc in the future. You should allow your ‘CUSTOMERS’, future and present to go back to ios6 if they wish to…take heed.
    This is a REALLY bad idea and the interface looks cheap, very infantile.
    You will lose millions of customers… fact, I for one, will go back to Android. The APPs may not be as good – but at least I won’t be faced with this ridiculous home screen for 5 year olds!

31. Geoff Miltio   October 5, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Guys iphone sucks now like it always has. I own an iphone 4s, galaxy s3 and a blackberry Q10. Honestly the blackberry is the one that blows me away with the most innovation and ease of use. Also has the best email and calendar out there. BlackBerry sill lacks a lot of apps but it’s getting there.

32. Mac User   October 4, 2013 at 11:37 pm

iOS 7 is actually confusing to use. The interface is full of inconstancies and awkward multi step-procedures. Prediction: The interface will not be fixed in 7.1. There will be slight improvement in 8.

So the iPhone is dead. 2007–2013.

33. Irene Lem   October 1, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I downloaded too soon! I don’t like it, the new look. I don’t like those semi transparent backgrounds folders. And the overall look is not that great either. I don’t like the white background, either. And the calendar is so in-user friendly! Very disappointed overall!

34. BBcommand   October 1, 2013 at 11:45 am

Haha….boohoo, that’s what you all get. Suckers, played by Apple once again. Retards.

35. Harold Vargas   October 1, 2013 at 4:01 am

I actually have to look away from my iPhone when swiping it on, or switching between apps because I cannot stand all the movement in IOS7. Makes me dizzy. And I already have all the parallax gimmicks switched off.

Worse still, the typefaces and colours are all over the place. Too thin, too colourful and mostly illegible.

Its like trying to read one of those over-designed menus at a nouveau cuisine restaurant. All style and no legibility.

I wish I had never upgraded. I will certainly not be upgrading to IOS7 on my iPad.

36. Geddy   October 1, 2013 at 3:04 am

TOO LATE. Can’t take my beloved iPhone 5 back. Now what do I do?????
    I’m selling it, reactivating my old iPhone 4 and waiting until Jony regains his sanity.
    If that doesn’t happen you’re looking at one seriously pissed off Apple fan. I WILL NOT use iOS 7 in its current Hello Kitty form.
    • Calendar: Unusable. No month/list view.
    • Phone: Make a call and hit the home button. At the top is now a garish green band with some barely legible text in it.
    • Notes: White text on yellow. Oh my freaking crap.
    • Messages: Now two tiny lines so you can hit Subject by mistake over and over again.
    • Calculator: Hideous, absolutely awful.
    • Maps: Just as bad if not worse than before. Roads are just as indistinct. The one time that transparency would have been nice (behind a location pop up) and they choose to make the label flat white to hide MORE of the map than before. ??
    • Camera: Confusing UI. Images show up on white bgnd, then change that to black when you touch them. Camera Roll looked nice in the demo, is LESS useful in practice, not more. Where did Places go? Found it by accident. Great UI…
    • Misc: Green, blue, yellow, purple colors everywhere, all flat, no contrast and no shadows. Increasing the font size does not affect all the UI, so some text elements stay thin and tiny. What a mess.
    I hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE this fugly dog called iOS 7.

• Morrigan   October 20, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I couldn’t agree more with everything you said, I HATE the new ios, wish I never upgraded!!!!!!! If only they would let us downgrade they would manage to keep a few Apple fans but they’ll never do it 🙁

37. Brett   October 1, 2013 at 2:42 am

I hate the new icons in ios7. I preferred the old icons of ios6: camera, notepad, photos, messages, itunes. The iOS 6 icons are more dynamic; more layers, more depth. I think Steve jobs would’ve hated ios7 too. I dont think he would’ve ever launched it.
    The Photos format is organized more complicated.
    The Calendar format is more complicated.
    It’s like they did a lot of new things that are superfluous, just to justify themselves being on the job. And what they did was add clutter at the expense of simplicity. Then they advertised their clutter as simplicity.
    In Safari I hate the fact when you do a search and then select images you can no longer scroll through pics, but instead are automatically locked into a website.
    I don’t like the new App Store updates. Where the apps remain a constant presence. I liked it better when you updated an app then it vanished. It went away. And you felt a sense of accomplishment. Now the apps remain with the label open. There’s no sense of visceral accomplishment. No sense that you are maintaining this new marvel of technological advancement.
    Why not allow customers the option to revert back to ios6? Provide choice, instead of a forced march. The new operating system is only validated if people have the option to revert back and don’t choose to do so. Otherwise it’s a hollow victory where people bought into it out of curiosity to only find out there is no refund. There is no escape hatch.
    Also why not provide the option to remove or dismiss the #s badges in the app store app or the settings app if you dont want to update. Not all change is good.
    Jonny Ives had changed Steve Jobs impeccable sense of perfection. He’s altered it from modern to Baroque and called it modern.
    They couldn’t preserve a good thing. They had too smear it with their fingerprints in order to justify their existence at the helm.
    It’s a forced migration that makes The Battan Death March seem like a walk in the park.

38. Gary Ramey   September 30, 2013 at 7:34 am

I really hate iOS7. I had to make changes to even be able to read text. Got rid of parallax but want to turn off animations, too. I only needed to see the animations a couple of times and now I’m over it. White backgound is still hard on the eyes and inverse is just plain ugly. Speaking of ugly — did Apple hire Windows designers to do the new color scheme and GUI? What happened to Apple’s usual sophistication and better user experience? iOS7 is a huge step backward.

39. Bill Wible   September 30, 2013 at 7:09 am

I want IOS6 back too. First of all, I have an iPhone 4 and they never should have made this OS available for the 4. Some of the new ‘features’ don’t even work on the 4. Like other have said, I hate the childish interface and icons, and the color scheme makes it look like something a 10 year old girl designed for her Barbie. Apple has a real problem here, but its one they could very easily solve by just letting those of us who want to choose to go back to IOS6.

• Judy A. Dunn   October 3, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I totally agree. The look and design is CHEAP and is not attractive. This iOS is a DOWNGRADE.

40. Ian   September 30, 2013 at 12:59 am

Seriously, IOS 7 makes the phone better. I have never liked IOS and always had android and have now bought my first iphone due to IOS 7. It is soooooo easy to use. Just change a few of the settings, I have a black background and no parallax effect. I would never have bought a phone running previous IOS versions as IOS was garbage with settings hidden and the look had been atrocious.
    Once again IOS 7 is so easy to use. Icons are fresh. I am 53 years old, eyesight not brilliant, as I said just change some settings.

• agm   October 5, 2013 at 10:58 pm

are you an apple insider who is paid for making these comments? what a joke … u r 53 years old, right – you will be vomiting after 10 mins of using this pos os

41. Baski   September 29, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I used to love my iphone until I updated to iOS 7. Now I want to just want to put it down out of frustration and disappointment. I can’t read the font. It eats my battery. I hate the wallpaper affecting the webpage colors. It is no longer intuitive. It is way too difficult to try to learn this new operating system. If I can’t read the font, I can’t use the phone. This operating system has convinced me to buy a Samsung next time. I miss Steve Jobs.

42. Paul Shaw   September 29, 2013 at 6:02 pm

I installed this on my iphone 4.. i have now gone from a phone i loved to a phone i now hate and i am willing to bet that there will be an influx of iphones hitting ebay… what were they thinking when they slapped this on the citizens of the world…… As far as im concerned ios 7 is the biggest software screw up since Windows screwed up with Vista….. it seems that Apple has put us all in a position where everyone gets what no one wants….. i just hope i can get good enough money for my phone to finance a different one…. im going back to Android …my biggest mistake was leaving them in the first place…….

Apple need to be real careful, they may be one of the big wigs of the phone world but they can easily be toppled…. just ask Nokia about that… Nokia were once the mobile phone giants of the world and where are they now… maybe apple should keep that in mind.

43. Katherine Edwards   September 29, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I too hate IOS7. The font is tiny, no contrast thus very hard to read, the calendar is impossible and the colors and strobe effect very annoying. Why, oh why, didn’t I speak to my computer scientist son first before I downloaded this mess?!

44. UpsetFan   September 29, 2013 at 11:33 am

Hope i could go back to IOS 6..???

45. Mike McKee   September 29, 2013 at 4:06 am

iOS 7 is nothing more than design fad over function. Completely at odds with the (now apparently previous) Apple design ethic.

Apple marketing can try adding lipstick to this pig all they want, but it is simply childish, user-unfriendly, and exhibits outright contempt for customers’ wishes. When they can’t even figure out readable color combinations for text versus background, I have to SERIOUSLY question the competence of the post-Jobs Apple. If they stubbornly defend this disaster and refuse to admit their mistake I am going to Android. Trashing an entire company for a stupid design fad…amazing.

46. Shisha gershna   September 28, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I’ve been a great and faithful Apple user since I had the 2nd generation iPod nano and now am using an iPad 2. I was greatly excited for ios 7 for weeks but then I ungraded to it…I ants to say that it is completely horrible. It’s immature, irritating, dis functional and the keyboard is even lagging as I type this message on the perfectly good ipad 2. But I do want to thank apple for helping me to finally decide to invest in the android tablet market. I think I’ll either get a kindle fire or a samsung

47. New Samsung Owner   September 28, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Icons flying around the home screen sux. Sure, maybe once when I first turn on my phone is kinda cool but doing it everytime I go to the home screen just gives me a headache and causes me to lose focus on what I was doing. If you really have to put a feature like this in an os the allow people to turn it of or go… Seems Apple has become Microsoft! Add to that a thin font that makes everything difficlt to read and icons that are childish and boring… Yuch! #ios7headache #ios7sux #hellosamsung

48. Chelo Aestrid   September 28, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Wow…iOS7 is worse than I thought. Even their supposed new features such as the improved bluetooth and fingerprint scan don’t work? Hmmm…I will look into any solutions to your problems.

49. Bill Gromer   September 28, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Hate it, I’ve been completely devoted to Apple iphone and iPad since their inception. Now in one day they made me hate both devices. It’s kiddie like, the Calendar which I live with is so bad it’s unbelievable, my photos are screwed up, and Safari doesn’t work. I listened to Ivy and that other fruitcake talking like Yoda and I knew Apple was in trouble, if those two are running the company Apple is in deep do-do. I feel like an old friend died, I’m going to sell both devices and head to Samsung. In one fell swoop they have ruined the best devices invented by mankind.

50. Beth   September 28, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Do not update to ios7! My month old iPad 4 dies after less than 6 hours of use. I used to only have to charge my ipad every 5 days. WTF. What the hell is wrong with Apple! I am done with all Apple products!

51. HATE-HATE-HATE- my iPhone now that its upgraded!!!!!!   September 28, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I hate everything that is new on my iPhone 4. It was difficult to read immediately and the icons looks like a child’s toy symbols. Whoever thought this change was a good idea?

I am SOOOOOO SORRRRY that I upgraded it. I thought the upgrade was small for security reasons. Instead I got a completely, non functioning phone. I was in shock the next morning when I saw that my phone had completely changed without my permission.

I only tried to use the phone one day (while I was crying most of the day) and decided I cannot use this phone anymore. I don’t even know what else I will find to hate beyond my first impressions and I am not even looking anymore at the phone any longer. I am terribly upset that it cannot be downgraded and am looking to get out of my contract with Verizon because I will not use this phone anymore even though I have over a year left on my contract. I LOVED my iPhone, and Apple broke faith with me when they turned the phone that I bought in January, 2013, into COMPLETELY something else. I hope I can find a new phone soon and it won’t be an APPLE product! I am DEVASTATED.

Can you imagine waking up in the morning to find a differerent car in the garage, or a different child come down for breakfast?

• grandmasterpete   September 29, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Without your permission? You clicked agree on the terms or agreemen, you gave permission.

52. Milkman   September 28, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Included with all of the stated problems with this new “Innovated” update, I experience static and delays on my Bluetooth, where they never existed before. Please allow a “Downgrade” to the user friendly iOS6. The update SUCKS!!!

53. Mike   September 28, 2013 at 5:25 pm

The only thing I like about IOS 7 is that it has convinced me to switch to Galaxy

• Joe   October 25, 2013 at 5:02 am

yeah very true n me for nokia 1520

54. Drpoletti   September 28, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Apple sent some sort of text saying to update to IOS saying update through wifi. Unfortunately my operating system on my computer and my Itunes were older versions. Which means: EVERYTHING EXCEPT MY CONTACTS ARE LOST. 72 hours later and I have not resolved because I have to upgarde my operating system and spend $20. I AM FORCED TO. I did not ask for the update, possibly I am too ignorant and didn’t research the update enough before I pressed ok. Apple was one of my favorite companies in the world prior, but I tell you this I will go to every blog, every complaint site, rent a billboard if I have to, but I will let others know this company is on its way out. I never thought I would ever want a PC again. I DO.

55. David York   September 28, 2013 at 3:41 pm

HATE HATE HATE DESPISE the new calendar! Can’t stand it. Have no use for the graphic blocks of time. Just give me back the list of events with times at the bottom of the screen for each day. Also hate the new way to send pics. More complicated. Truly IEEE no advantage to the new.

• Pippo   September 29, 2013 at 3:08 am

The lost is still there, but they hide it for whatever reason. Touch the Search icon, and the list reappears.

56. Mark Butler   September 28, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Battery life reduced to an unusable level. Battery won’t last 8hrs with limited use! Disaster!!

57. Karen Olson   September 28, 2013 at 2:33 pm

so unhappy with ios 7.. wish I could go back to 6. the icons are visually aversive with all the white and astrobrite colors. I detest all of the changes in messaging (seriously? white print on neon blue???? how old are you?) I would have loved a sleeker, more grown up version, I don’t want kid-like icons, visually disturbing colors or cumbersome apps. Not only that this ios required 3.1 Gb of space! UGH I had to dump on my phone before I could load it and now I’m so sorry I did! The calendar is next to impossible to use effectively. I’ve never been so unhappy with an “upgrade” .. While the zooming is annoying, as is tthe 3D effect on the home screen I just don’t need that kind of TOY to play with . My iPhone runs my life and right now I’ve started using paper again just because it’s all so user UNfriendly. This sucks!

58. Jose Hernandez   September 28, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I dislike ios7. What happened to user friendly?

59. Jo   September 28, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I’m mighty glad I have not uploaded it yet. Every one I know can’t stand it!!!!

60. dperetti   September 28, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Fluorescent, out of the tube colored text only buttons over pure white screens. Sloppy layouts. No shadow at all, no texture. Inconsistent, flashy controls, gimmicks, hideous icons…
    I mean, what could be worse than that ?
    The discrepancy between user reviews and self-proclaimed tech-pundits reviews is striking.
    Tech bloggers don’t dare to criticize Apple because Apple has always proven them wrong.
    But that were other times.
    Jobs is dead, Forstall was fired (too much Jobs-like), and Apple is a new Apple lead by brilliant people… who now have zero experience in software design.
    Ive is not the man at the right place. It took him a couple months to discard what Jobs had building in last 20 years : a unique elegance and user experience.
    As a long time Apple user, developer (and shareholder!), I am furious.

61. Kyle Ray   September 28, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Pretty good expose on the downfalls of an iOS7 Downgrade…. er I mean Upgrade!

Originally I thought Apple would get smarter after Steve Jobs died. But it now appears that Apple instead of focusing on customer satisfaction, have now moved to making sure share holders are satisfied instead! ……..which is a real disappointment and in no way reflects Apple’s long time “Think Different” business model. It’s one thing to think different and quite another to actually be different and not be so arrogant about it!!!

62. J. Adams   September 28, 2013 at 11:38 am

iOS7 has completely messed up my photo stream which was easy to look at before. It has labelled the photos with places and dates which are completely wrong. I’m afraid to press the wrong thing. Does anyone know how to improve this.
    Safari isn’t as easy to use either. I have an iPad.

63. A Mobile Notary Public   September 28, 2013 at 11:03 am

I refuse to download IOS 7 1 or 2 to my iPhone 4S. I refuse to purchase an iPhone 5. I haven’t liked any of the changes since we lost Steve Jobs. Shame. Forcing Apple iPhone users to purchase charger adapters, no more leather cases with a CLIP on it (only holsters) and now a new operating system that will make you sick. Oh and the FINGERPRINT to unlock your phone myth…just a myth.