iOS7 – A “Bad Apple”? Top Five Complaints

Are you happy with iOS7?

Is iOS7 more of a bad apple than a revolutionary new Apple innovation? There have been many complaints including the top five below.

The other day I did an article about how well the new iOS7 and the new iPhone5s are doing business-wise (Click here to read that article).

On paper, the company looks like it can do no wrong. In the first week of launching, it had over 200 million downloads of its new OS and the new iPhones5s were flying off of store shelves. Both products produced record-breaking sales numbers for Apple Inc.

Then I saw my bestfriend, a long-time Apple user, who was furious at how the iOS7 has “messed up her iPhone4.” She said the user interface looked kiddy and very similar to Android. She couldn’t figure out how to take a video on her iPhone, and sometimes she couldn’t even properly place calls or texts. At one point, she kept borrowing my Android phone to make plans with others.

Then I asked myself, is Apple really living up to Steve Jobs’ standard of giving the customer new ways to improve their life or are they more concerned with breaking record sales and keeping shareholders happy?

According to a Twitter user, “#iOS7 is the worst thing #apple ever did.” Some of the most recent complaints about the new operating system are the following:

1. Many users have been bothered about a nauseating experience similar to motion sickness with the iOS7. An unhappy user complained on Fox News that they, “Have headaches and nausea for [the] past three days…[I] can’t stand to look at my phone screen anymore while opening/closing apps. I just close my eyes or look away.” This might be caused by the “parallax” feature on the iOS7 that makes the background move back and forth in a subtle way.

2. To mature-minded individuals, the iOS7 also has a kiddy, overly-simple appearance and with no widgets, the screen is still very static. It has no stimulating movement unlike the icons found on Android and Windows phones.

3. iOS7 seems to have a lower battery life. One YouTube user said, “iOS7 is so bad it turns itself off.” Another rant on Twitter said, “ios7 update is f***ed!!!! My battery is being munched on faster than PAC man would.. #apple #sortitout.” At the very least, one way you might be able to fix this problem is to turn off the automatic upgrades of apps running in the background in the phone settings.

4. Some people find that there are many new hard-to-use features. The Control Center, AirDrop and iTunes Radio are fun additions, but you generally have to take some time to find your way around the new iOS7.

One small feature that users hate is the smaller space bar on the touch screen keyboard. They wind up repeatedly hitting the period key instead and that alone can cause aggravation. And the text on the new screens are also thinner and more airy-looking causing many people to squint even when they are simply looking at the time.

5. And, once you start using iOS7, you can’t go back. There is just no going around it. Apple apparently did have the option for users to go back to iOS6 for a short while, but now, the iOS7 is a done deal. If you have not yet upgraded (or some would say, “downgraded”) your iPhone’s OS, make sure you are 100% comfortable with the iOS7 or else you might be stuck with a phone you can’t stand using. The latest iOS7.0.2 has just been released. Let’s see how that one fares better than its predecessor.

Is Apple Inc. still following Steve Jobs’ vision of “sell dreams not products”or is the technology leader starting to fail under the loss of leadership of their most celebrated visionary?

I know personally, my best friend would love to get her good old iOS6 back on her iPhone and forget about the iOS7 upgrade altogether.

(Op-Ed)

By: Chelo Aestrid

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

73 Responses to iOS7 – A “Bad Apple”? Top Five Complaints

1. aquarophysics March 29, 2014 at 8:18 pm

This is worse ios ever very

2. Daryll T. March 4, 2014 at 7:22 am

I like apple products and their quality but their price is almost 2 times that of competing products. My family has bought Apple products over the years, but sparingly. Price being the main constraint. My big complaint now is with the iOS7 update it disabled alot of 3rd party charging cables. Not only do they rape you on the product but now they remove the ability to charge the product without “their” cables. Surfing the web I determine that the manufacturing cost for the cables is between $1.21 and $3.30 US. So depending on the numbers they are charging between 100% to over 200% of what they pay. It’s a freaking cable and they charge $30. If they want to price themselves out of the market that’s their prerogative but to purposely sabotage existing hardware is a disgrace and a sign of disrespect to their customers intelligence. It’s looking like another American company trying to squeeze the customer for every dime and not remembering that when there are good competing products, customers of the future look elsewhere where they might be treated better. Remove the hardware block. Pontiac, Plymouth, SaaB, Android and Windows are the words of the day.

3. Neil February 10, 2014 at 12:47 pm

The worst thing about IOS7 is what it has done to previously good apps. My calendar doesn’t synchronise any more, FaceTime is very buggy and sometimes crashes. The music player is horrible. The mail keeps telling me I have mail and there isn’t. It plays the sending sound before it sends. It doesn’t update every time you swipe down. I’m glad I didn’t upgrade my ipad.

4. John February 5, 2014 at 10:51 pm

This is terrible!!! I just upgraded my phone and can’t stand it!!!!!
    What were you guys thinking??????
    I’m going with a new phone!!!
    My screen is screaming at me- stressed right out.
    Bloody hell!!!!!

5. Goodbye Apple January 30, 2014 at 1:58 pm

As a businessman, there are no words to adequately describe the nightmare hell that my iPhone 4S has become since “upgrading” to iOS7. It HAS cost me lost business when calls were frozen into VM and could not be retrieved for 24 hours. The catalog of misery I have chronicled is now up to nine different problems with a phone I previously loved. Who cares if Apple will be a great stock because it’s selling a million phones to China? There’s a lag time between the “honeymoon” period of product ownership and the reality of what the consumer is getting, so you better watch your Apple stock for trends downward if you own any. I’m DONE with the company: awful, snarky “geniuses” in the stores, wanting $19 just to speak to someone about a simple problem via telephone support. Really??? It’s just a matter of time. Poor, brilliant Steve Jobs is turning in his grave.

6. Paul January 25, 2014 at 1:23 am

I am a long time Apple customer and have never made a public comment on anything until now. I agree with all the poor user experience posts. It is poor policy in my eyes not to allow customers the option to downgrade. I am tired of software companies in general holding me hostage to their improvements if I don’t need or want them. I have been considering a new phone. Guess what, it won’t be an Apple!

7. john January 7, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Posted by modengo

I hate IOS 7, made my iphone 4 really really slow, lacking. It’s horrible. Drains battery fast, lagging in typing, opening apps. it takes few sec for that now. No, not few milllisec but 3-4 seconds! same goes with camera, when typing it doesn’t catch half of what I type, added features were not necessity. I WON’T buy any apple product. I ordered iphone 5s but sold it to a friend, i’m using my buyers strenght. So f* you apple, no more iphone, ipad or macbook. Overpriced piece of sh*t.

*****Yea….. you really showed apple. do you realise by buying the iPhone 5s you are supporting them hahahaha

8. modengo January 1, 2014 at 6:21 am

9. Char Jones December 16, 2013 at 6:17 am

I’m so frustrated, I’m leaving public comments. And I never leave public comments! This is so bad; it has changed my mind about purchasing an iPad. I hate this interface because I am experiencing everything written in this article. I now can’t leave home without my charger in my purse and am going to buy a battery case. Did they design this so that only children would want an iPhone? If so, they may get their wish.

10. Mark December 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm

There seems to be agreement here; iOS7 sucks. Change just for change’s sake is really not necessary. This “upgrade” has made me vow that I will leave the overpriced, pretentious CRAPPLE products gathering dust at their snobby stores (Really? Geniuses?…give me a break).

11. Ilian December 6, 2013 at 2:03 pm

It’s the worst mobile software in the world, ti crashes constantly, it’s so laggy, it drains battery life, the keyboard reacts 2 seconds after I type on it, wi-if issues, design looks unfinished & childish even stupid as if made for idiots. The whole look of the software is crap, it seems now Apple is coping Android on multitasking and needs to catch up, it’s really low of them not allowing they’re customers to downgrade to their preferred OS. I will never buy an apple product again & I will advise everyone the same, I am switching on to android. Ps: Writing this from an iPad 4th gen 128gb Wi-Fi.

12. Marcelo November 21, 2013 at 10:31 pm

IOS 7 is horrible. Poor. Boring. disappointing. A very bad step. A realy bad user xperience.

13. Donks November 17, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Well I’ve given it a month on my iPad. iOS7 blows.

We will read your comment immediately so leave a remark!

RSS Guardian Express

• Autism and the Challenges of Easter April 18, 2014
    For most families living with an autistic loved one, everyday holds certain demands. Holidays, like Easter, provide even further challenges for those with autism. The traditions most people take for granted must be approached from a unique perspective. Zack, who is 11 years old, is moderate to high-functoning on the Autism Spectrum. He loves the […]
    Stacy Lamy
  • Peaches Geldof Funeral Arrangements Shared April 18, 2014
    The funeral arrangements for Peaches Geldof have been shared by her family. It will be a private funeral on Easter Monday (April 21), and will be held in the same church as her mother’s funeral. St. Mary Magdalene and St. Lawrence Church in Davington is also the same church that the 25-year-old socialite married and […]
    Alexandria Ingham
  • Game of Thrones Spoilers Ruining the Experience? April 18, 2014
    Sharing spoilers of Game of Thrones is ruining the experience for some people. They do not want to know what happens in the episodes before they get a chance to see it themselves. The issue reached its peak so far this week after many publications started sharing the events of the “Purple Wedding” just after […]
    Alexandria Ingham
  • Game of Thrones Spoilers Lead to Arguments Online April 18, 2014
    The internet has been surrounded with Game of Thrones spoilers this week that include the death of a certain character, and it has led to arguments online. Many people who have not read the books or seen the episode yet have gotten annoyed at publications for sharing the details of the character’s death, and even […]
    Alexandria Ingham
  • Miley Cyrus Hits Out at Hospital Rumors April 18, 2014
    Miley Cyrus has hit out at rumors suggesting her recent trip to hospital was due to her partying ways. A number of publications decided to jump on the idea that the 21-year-old was out partying in a way to get over the recent death of her dog, Floyd. In a statement, which she linked to […]
    Alexandria Ingham