The release of the iPhone 5S seems to have fared better than the iPhone 5C. In reviewing the camera specs and additional features like the TouchID, a measure of comparison is needed. Enter the Nokia Lumia 1020 for a showdown of these two titans. Both phones are offering their own level of impact for buyers, so it’s only idea to compare these two choices together.
Set for release on September 20, the iPhone 5S received initial lukewarm response. There are still great features available for buyers who enjoy the Apple brand or want to move to the iPhone. The features and specs of the newest generation of the iPhone includes:
- Operating on the streamlined and feature filled operating system, the iOS 7 makes an impact for the iPhone 5S.
- A 4-inch Retina display with a 1136 x 640 resolution with 326 PPI. The screen is also fingerprint-resistant and the screen is now multi-touch.
- The fingerprint sensor is a big factor for the iPhone 5S for a simple one touch solution.
- The camera is 8-megapixels with a sapphire lens cover. Additional camera features include the autofocus, face detection, flash and panorama sweep.
- 10 hours talk time and 10.4 days for standby mode accomplishes the battery life on the iPhone 5S.
- 64-bit A7 processor is the shining spec on the iPhone 5S.
- The price is set to start at $199.99 16GB with a 2-year agreement.
Onward to the second half of this versus battle. Nokia and Microsoft recently decided to marry in a longtime relationship. Nokia had been touting the Windows OS, now it appears it will remain exclusive between the two companies. The highlight of Nokia devices are the amazing color choices for the phone. The Nokia Lumia 1020’s fan favorite is the yellow.
Nokia Lumia 1020
- The Windows 8 OS marks its appearance yet again on the Lumia.
- A 4.5-inch display with a 1280 x 768 resolution, 334 PPI AMOLED. The display is known as super sensitive (no gloves needed). In addition, the 1020 touts the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and PureMotion HD+ and wide viewing angle.
- No fingerprint sensor is on the 1020, but the phone sports NFC which is an advantage over iPhone 5S.
- The ever impressive 41-megapixel rear facing camera trounces the iPhone 5S. Yes, there is always the argument MP do not matter, but the lens and sensor accomplish this feat with the 1020. It holds still in wind and takes clear and bright pictures with less noise. Its only downside is the slowed shot to the next shot timing. Outside of that, it seems to have an edge over the iPhone 5S.
- The internal storage is closer to 32GB.
- The battery can hold about 13 hours for talk time and about 16 days standby time.
- The price will be $299.99 for the Lumia 1020 on a 2-year contract.
Both of these contenders come with some pretty amazing apps. For the iPhone 5S, a user can enjoy Facetime, Passbook, the iTunes store, Notes and so much more. The Lumia 1020 is also packed with apps like Skype, Wallet, the HERE Suite, Nokia Music, OneNote and over a dozen more. In addition, iPhone 5S comes with iTunes U, iPhoto and iMovie and a user can easily enjoy Photos, Nokia NFC Writer and Nokia Trailers on the Lumia 1020.
The Choice is Yours
There are a bevy of incredible features, specs and built-in apps for both of these contenders. Offering an array of choice in the smartphone field, it’s becoming harder to select one great phone. For a long time, Apple held the ship for its ecology, and it seems Nokia is joining that concept with its current marriage to Microsoft. Either choice would not leave a buyer disappointed, just simply pondering over the next release.
Recent – Samsung Galaxy Gear…[click here]