iPhone 5S Versus Samsung Galaxy S4

technology, apple, samsung, galaxy s4, iphone 5s, versus

The iPhone 5S is here! Sold out for many, back-ordered online, but here. Speaking to mobile customers outside of a local mall, the question surfaced “what contender do you want to see matched up against the iPhone 5S?” A majority sided with the Galaxy S4. The second runner-up was the Nokia Lumia 1020, so perhaps that will be for another day. For now, it is time to break down the review and specs of these two marvels.

iPhone 5S TouchID a new feature
iPhone 5S TouchID a new feature

iPhone 5S

• No contract price – $649.99
  • Comes in varying storage sizes – 16GB, 32GB and 646GB.
  • No microSD slot.
  • TouchID sensor – intended to assist customers in making purchases from the iTunes and app store.
  • A7 chip with 64-bit architecture to enhance performance and extend battery life.
  • iSight 8-megapixel camera. Larger f/2.2 aperture with enhanced slow-motion effects added.
  • 4-inch Retina display.
  • iOS 7 with cool features like AirDrop and the Control Center.
  • 1080p HD recording with 30fps.
  • 1136 x 640 resolution with 326 PPI.
  • The remainder of the specs are reminiscent of the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5S came dressed to impress. Many are still pondering if the newest release is worth buying, especially at the non-friendly price.

Onward to the second half of this techie dance: The Galaxy S4 is “older” compared to the iPhone 5S, but its sales, popularity and specs remain incredibly strong.

Galaxy S4
Galaxy S4

Samsung Galaxy S4

• No contract price $639.99
  • Available in 16GB and 32GB. The Galaxy S4 does have expandable memory up to 64GB with a microSD.
  • Smart Scroll without touching the phone, including Air View.
  • Galaxy Premium 13-megapixel camera. 1080p dual shot recording  with slow motion capture.
  • 1980 x 1080 HD Super AMOLED display – 441PPI (this kind of smacks around iPhone 5S).
  • 5 inch display.
  • Remote control capability. If the television is IR capable, customers can transfer and view photos or videos.
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.9GHz quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM.
  • The NFC feature may not be as popular as camera use, but customers seeking the feature will find it on the Galaxy S4 and not on the iPhone 5S. Rumors suggest the iPhone 6 may have it.

Missing Features

This list is not all inclusive. The iPhone 5S is the new kid on the block and the full functionality is still being discovered. There is no bias here, just the specs and some of the key features. Both phones really pack a punch, especially for Apple fans and Samsung fans. Customers may need a few weeks to become accustomed to the iPhone 5S for the features to fully reveal themselves. Hopefully, outside of an iPhone 5S TouchID hack!

Wrap-Up

Neither of these phones will be a disappointment for customers.  The iPhone 5S is backed by the powerhouse of Apple. Its integration with iCloud and seamless process for the Control Center offers it a clean and easy to use option. The iOS 7 provides great features for customers with an IU overhaul.

Samsung has developed its own line of dedicated consumers. Their phones integrate great features the S Beam, S Health and a multitude of S options. The embedded Galaxy camera has always been an amazing feature for the brand.

In addition, unlike Apple, Galaxy is able to list their battery time. The option of choice lies in what a consumer likes. Select the best of these two options; the iPhone 5S versus the Galaxy S4 results in a strong winner.

By: Angelina Bouc

Recent – GTA V Cheat Codes and Tips…[click here]

Sources
News Discovery
AT&T
Small Business Yahoo

10 Responses to "iPhone 5S Versus Samsung Galaxy S4"

1. cloudfuze8   September 25, 2013 at 7:08 am

CloudFuze is the ultimate app to manage multiple cloud storage services over multiple devices.With CloudFuze you can sync multiple accounts of Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, SugarSync and FTP at one point and access Over IOS mobile devices.

2. John Rebimbas   September 25, 2013 at 3:02 am

I have the iPhone4S and just upgraded the OS to iOS7. I’ having some issues with some apps and overall it appears to have gotten slower. These are simply annoying and I don’t see the benefit of the iO7 for the average user!!! I will be buying a new phone in the next couple of weeks, and I am seriously considering to switch to the Galaxy 4S.

3. Chuck   September 24, 2013 at 11:27 am

I am now on my 3rd 4s after several faulty ones prior, I would like to have seen a bigger screen on the 5s. Yes the iOs6 was stable but being in IT I have customers with regular issues with their update to iOs7. I miss Steve Jobs and his innovation I was deeply disappointed by apple not stepping it up. I am switching to an S4 this week due to the instability my 4s has had with iOs7.Apple needs to stop with these “s” models which are basically the same as the predecessor and come out with something people may want to upgrade for!

• Angelina Bouc   September 24, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Chuck, I agree! I think everyone was looking forward to a bigger screen. Rumors suggest the iPhone 6 is supposed to bring innovation back to Apple. Let’s hope they’re not a day late and dollar short. I think customers would have waited for an iPhone 6 – packed with a bigger screen, the 64-bit M7 chip and NFC would be a nice competitor. The 4S only made sense because it introduced Siri to the world which made it worth the buy. The iPhone 5C is nothing more than the 5 wrapped in colorful plastic 🙂 Thanks for your awesome comments.

4. sumit   September 23, 2013 at 7:06 pm

My S4 i9500 on 3G battery lasts a whole day from early morning to late night easily. I have wifi, data and bluetooth enabled. I play game in between and do reasonable browsing. My friends iphone 5 is on charger by noon on just phone calls. Guess 5S will be slightly better.

• John Knapczyk   October 21, 2013 at 8:25 am

Sorry, I have a iPhone 5 and it last 18-24 hours before getting to 25% power level. Don’t know about your friend but I have 3G and use the WiFi when I get home. No need for BlueTooth for me.

Now my friend has a S4 and she complains about her battery dying all the time. After close research it all comes down to notification’s (E-Mail, Facebook, etc) being set from push to pull and use of GPS with apps. Both phones have the potential to last all day long if configured correctly to reduce unnecessary apps telling you every 5 min of latest news, e-mail, facebook request to play games, etc.

Do your research before you blast a product.

5. james   September 23, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I was looking at getting the Galaxy S4. I own a iPhone 4s and am looking at something different. The iPhone 5s doesn’t appeal to me that much. My main concern with a phone is battery life. Performance and have a decent camera. Do you think the Galaxy s4 is worth buying?

• Angelina Bouc   September 23, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Hello James, I would say the Galaxy. The batter is 2600mAh, and has shown active strong use for 10 hours of life. The iPhone 5S is a nice phone, but I honestly miss the iPhone 5 already.

• niallallen73   September 24, 2013 at 11:44 am

All well and good, but James was asking for a comparison between the two phones, if I read it correctly. Which has better battery life, the 5s or S4?

• Angelina Bouc   September 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Nia, maybe you missed it. If you read above, I stated the Galaxy. Apple has never disclosed a “time” to their battery. From personal experience when using 4G/LTE the battery can drain in under 8 hours. The Galaxy has shown its worth for longevity.