Wow, the video reveals a sexy and sleek new version of the Sony Xperia Z1. In addition, three colors are shown in the video: purple, white and a sleek black. Sony has a dedicated fan-base of customers. Their phones have always been more cutting edge with an edgy appeal for young adults and tech savants. The waterproof, super-charged phone is slated for release sometime this month.
Salivating yet? Reviewing the melee of larger displays, Sony certainly isn’t going to be left out of the newest trends. The Xperia Z1 is rumored to have a 5-inch TFT display. The TFT display is something Sony has perfected, it is know as the thin film transistor and provides an enhanced image quality behind LCD. The edge of the Xperia Z1 is aluminum and thicker than its predecessor the Z.
Outside of looking amazing, the metal band and amazing color options, the Xperia Z1 has more to offer for smartphone users, especially dedicated Sony fans:
- Enjoy a dive, as the Xperia Z1 is waterproof. Much like the Galaxy S4 Active, the Xperia Z1 survives a crisp swim for 30 minutes up to 1.5 metres of water. That would be nearly five feet of water or closer to 4.9 feet to be deftly specific.
- Ready for it? The Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad core processor has shown an amazing- truly an amazing 2.2GHz….the Galaxy S4 clocks in with a 1.9GHz chip (not knocking Galaxy, but that boost is pretty amazing.)
- Nokia Lumia 1020 runs the show in the camera, smartphone world. Sony just provided a massive runner-up. The Sony Xperia Z1 has a brilliant 21-megapixel rear facing camera. It also has a zoom that is reminiscent of the S4 as well.
- Oh and in the world of smartphones, connectivity to Facebook is essential for many phone users. Guess what this fancy schamncy phone can do? It allows a consumer to stream live video to a user’s Facebook page.
- The OS is rumored to be the Android 4.2.2 JellyBean.
- 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage is rounding out the Xperia. In addition, there is a memory card slot for an expansion and a final pow-wow finish? The Xperia Z1 brags about its 3,000mAh battery. Charger says “wait I miss you!”
That concludes some of the more brilliant features and specs of the Xperia Z1. Sony has always done well in the arena of phones. Unlike Galaxy who churns them out a few times a year, and even Apple- Sony gives them both a run for their money. In the last quarter, Sony posted a seriously impressive $60 million profit, selling over 9.6 million phones. These numbers provide an amazing homerun.
The smartphone industry was starting to feel a little defeated. Of course, much is expected to change with the upcoming release of the iPhone 5S/5C and Galaxy Note III. Further yet, is the excitement for Sony. It’s like the understated girl doubted at the prom, who dresses to kill and wins prom queen status. That’s just Sony. Even its predecessor the Xperia Z did extremely well in sales.
Now customers will have a new choice of selection with the Xperia Z1 to hit the markets, sometime this month. With its waterproof feature, expanded camera features and amazing display, will you be one of the many consumers looking forward to the release?