GTA V 15 Online Multiplayer Server Issues That Still Need to Be Fixed

GTA V 15 Server Issues That Still Need to Be Fixed

Despite Rockstar Games working around the clock to solve all the server issues, there are still 15 problems that need to be fixed. On top of the server issues, other problems still continue after the PS3 patch download was made available. But it does appear that the ongoing issues may be interconnected with the server problems.

Rockstar have admitted that they were completely unprepared for the amount of gamers who attempted to access the GTA Online Multiplayer mode. The company had spent time and money pumping up their existing servers, but still misjudged the sheer numbers accessing them.

One issue that is still being mentioned by gamers is the loss of equipment, money, characters and ranking in the GTA V Online mode. Like all the other issues, Rockstar are trying to find out why this is happening and are working on some way to restore anything lost. They have offered to send automatic email notifications when they get new information about fixes.

The below server problems have been listed by Rockstar Games as ongoing issues. They have since updated their support website to say the the connection problems have been fixed. But, according to comments that our articles have been receiving, these problems are still occurring.

The 15 GTA V network and server issues that still need to be fixed are:

1. Error message stating that Rockstar “Cloud Servers Unavailable.”
2. Error message saying that the game has failed hosting a ‘GTA Online Session.”
3. Errors that state the game has timed out while “matchmaking a compatible GTA Online Session.”
4. Error message of “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session.”
5. Errors that read “job failed to start or load.”
6. Error message of “Mission Failed” after mission start during a gaming session.
7. Match load screens taking too long and timing out after 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Offline and online content being intermingled on Jobs list.
9. Problems getting past the first Tutorial Race.
10. Players ending up in a free-roaming session without Jobs/Markers on the map when playing a temparary character while suffering a cloud outage.
11. A large number of network/server related error messages as well as connection problems and/or server errors.
12. The game freezing while loading the first race in GTAO with the message “waiting for other players” displayed on screen.
13. Having a cut-scene run twice before the player gets stuck on a loading screen.
14. Race Corona not showing up for the first race.
15. Overall issues with Social Club site and its features; including failed logins; slow loading; et al.

Rockstar have stated that their Title update 1.02 fixed the tutorial problem, but players are still saying that they are having issues getting past the first Tutorial Race.

As with all the issues encountered by players in the GTA V Online Multiplayer mode, Rockstar have apologized and have promised to keep working on the problems non-stop. They have also thanked the gaming community for having patience with their unexpected server problems.

Looking at the Online forums and the comments on our own site, it looks as though players are starting to get angry at all the issues the game has. Several have threatened to return the game and ask for their money back as they still cannot get online to access the multiplayer mode. Or they can only get onto the mode sometimes versus regularly.

With no less than 15 server issues still needing to be fixed for the GTA V Online Multiplayer mode, fans of the franchise are becoming less forgiving with Rockstar Games. The excitement over the launch of the online mode has been tempered with a plethora of problems. One thing that is not helping Rockstar are their assertions that problems have been fixed even though many players are still experiencing them.

By Michael Smith
United Kingdom

Source

54 Responses to "GTA V 15 Online Multiplayer Server Issues That Still Need to Be Fixed"

1. Michael   July 12, 2015 at 8:33 am

I can’t enter online whenever I do it says alert you can’t host a gta 5 online and it’s so sad please help me it’s summer and I want to play with my friends my psn is TheWilliams333 thanks and please help the others as well.

2. Braeden miller   December 14, 2014 at 7:46 pm

And rockstar get it fixated soon

3. BraedenMiller   December 14, 2014 at 7:42 pm

When I am in a lobby I will play but after I play for little bit it freezes and I have a PS3

4. jay   February 15, 2014 at 11:28 am

you guys need to play something else if your rapping your life and time around this
    crap you have no life

• Braeden miller   December 15, 2014 at 5:18 pm

It’s fun

5. Nelson   January 5, 2014 at 10:41 am

It’s January 3rd and I have problems with the multi player mode. Everything works fine, but when I enter to a session all other players disappear after at the same time after 2 minutes of starting. I feel like the Pepe Le Fu of online games.
    It usually comes accompanied of a message of “could not save because server was not available”, then either sends me to a new session where I’m the only one in the city or it sends me back to offline gaming.

6. dionel   December 27, 2013 at 4:37 pm

whay does it says that network error and than sent me to story mode???????

7. andrew   December 10, 2013 at 8:50 am

I have bought two (2) of the GTA5 video games. One for me and one for my son. We have both finished the online tutorial but when he or I try to join each others game we get an “alert” message that tells us that we have not finished the online tutorial and the join game is disabled. I bought these games and a ps3 to play so my son and I could spend time together online when he is at his mothers. I can find him online but I have to keep dropping out of sessions and joining again until I see him on my map. I am extremely thankful I can at least play with my son online. With that said, I shouldn’t have to go thru this just to play online with my son. I want to be able to just click his name and join his game. I cant even do missions or anything with him except robbing stores. Since we cant do any real missions we are broke and are killed repeatedly because we only buy pistols and steal shotguns from the police. I have spent a lot of money for these two (2) games and a ps3 system to play on. All I am asking is that I am able to play online with my son. I wont say I’m returning the game or never buying another rock star game, but it would be nice for my son and I to receive something for our troubles!!! evans825621@yahoo.com. I need any help possible!! Thank you!!!

8. Gavin Hindmarsh   December 4, 2013 at 8:49 pm

it is december and i havebeen trying to play gta online for like three weeks now and im not sure wy but all my friends can play but me is it my internet and if it is how do i fix it it is really pissing me off and i really need a answer please and thank you

9. Hilarioustroling   November 22, 2013 at 9:52 am

I still can,t play online my friends are like inviting me but a can’t play online rockstar do anying about this freaking problem i play ps3 psn Hilarioustroling

10. Brandon Presley   November 21, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Every time I try to join a server I join one but it’s just me every time and I can’t join friends or anything and no one can join me. Please fix this.

• denniskeb   November 29, 2013 at 4:21 am

I got the same problem since a week or so

11. gamer   November 15, 2013 at 8:09 pm

so i am a level 26 and i did the tutorial but it says i haven’t what the hell is going on.

12. martin o donoghue   October 30, 2013 at 11:27 am

any car i enter is slow at least half the speed

13. Gamer   October 30, 2013 at 10:55 am

When does the Game work correctly and there is no cashcards in the fix list Can You tell me time or day when the online wil ne totally fixes? And fix the cash card i ve been waiting for that month!?

14. chris lines   October 15, 2013 at 9:36 am

I seen someone on here saying, give them a brake and do you know how hard it is to make a game! Are you kidding me! How long has it taken rock star to make this game and if they cant get it right then they should stop making games altogether! Its an absolute joke that they cant fix this. The amount of money they have made from this game and it aint even working. Sort it out! So dissapointed!!

15. stan   October 15, 2013 at 7:27 am

timed out locating session… its had this since gta online was released

16. hjvhjv   October 15, 2013 at 4:31 am

still getting faild to host any suggestions ?

17. sam   October 14, 2013 at 1:53 pm

i still cant play the online game mode cloud servers are down or something….

18. brian   October 13, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Then when I do get in a match there’s nothing marked on the map no stores NOTHING!!!! dam can i please get some help rockstar PLEASE!!!!!

19. brian   October 13, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Everytime I join a freaking match 5 sec later it always say you’ve been kicked by other gta5 player WTH up with that

20. chris moss   October 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I can’t even play the online mode! It hasnt for two days now. I spent a total of like 6 hours now waiting to join a session…when i first got the game my character was in no mans land and then i left the session and the online intro started..so i played a few missions and had go. Now when I select my character it times out over and over…i didnt pay 60+ dollars for this!!!! I will abandon Rockstar if things don’t change…complete boycott

21. Matthew Gargan   October 10, 2013 at 11:10 pm

1. Everyone is flipping out because they have the mental capacity of not understanding “there would be issues from day one”, and 2. They are just unpatient, ungrateful bastards who doesnt know HOW HARD IT REALLY IS TO CREATE A GAME, Making online, Making it connect to 7 BILLION OTHER PLAYERS, eventually the PC will too! Its just unbelievable….. im posting this on the page….

22. saladevingers   October 9, 2013 at 7:07 am

cant see my friends in friend list, was lvl 7 with my first character, that one disappeared after the 1.02 update so created a new one in slot 2, from 1.02 on I have nothing but problems, somtimes the cloud service has been restored i have to go to gta V IMMEDIATELY and switch player then quickly join a server, if i wait for 5 minutes or so it could take about an hour or so for the next oppurtunity to come. Also only my first character is viewable in the social club but thats the one that disappeared. What now?

ps. I just keep playing with temporary characters until the cloud comes back up again. I wont buy a game and then wait for the developers to finish it through tons of updates while I cant play, what a time we live in.

Rockstar wouldn’t be a Rockstar if they wouldn’t show up late for their own show 😉

• TonyMontana97150   October 12, 2013 at 5:45 am

same here dud

23. comm 89   October 8, 2013 at 12:27 pm

on my second char now am lvl 39 game froze when i turn back on all my cars gone 10 of them and i had to do my sandking 3 times cause it diapered or got duplicated now i have 2 cars and not doing any more i also bought a shark card when they where working but i won’t ever do that again ROCK STAR PULL YOUR FIGURE OUT OR YOU WILL LOOSE ALL YOUR FAN BASE F ALL THESE PROB ARE NOT FIXED ASAP i know if i loose my char again i will not be playing or buying dlc for it and i have all of the gta games also my nephew had same problem lost all 10 cars from game freezing i bet you would be pissed off if you lost over 600k so fix the problems so we can enjoy the game and not have to worry if we going to loose all our hard work

24. Bfam be welln10   October 7, 2013 at 11:13 am

My story sounds the same level 48 apt,cars,clothes,guns everything gone!game froze loading up.when I turned back on everything was gone exept my extra cash I had in bank like 200 k

25. Kevin   October 7, 2013 at 9:34 am

Every since the release of GTAO I’ve been having trouble with literally everything. I don’t know were to start. Maybe i should start with my progress not being saved or maybe with the fact that the servers are supposedly offline witch they are NOT! Or when it actually does works for 15 minutes i’m not able to join any game what so ever. If i get shot i get dropped of in the middle of nowhere, random lag, gta4 mod style sliding cars, teleporting players, I have been waiting for this game for ages, never been so psyched about a game before. But this R* is BULLS***. Don’t tell your loyal fans that the problems have been fixed while in fact nothing has been fixed!!

26. Andrew   October 7, 2013 at 8:32 am

Every time I try to connect with a session my friends are in it will not allow me to play in there session. It states unable to connect to session or timed out or game is full even though it is not.

27. Andrew   October 7, 2013 at 7:35 am

Timed out while locating session is compatible? Wtf is this? Cloud servers are down? Erm I don’t think so mate i got 5 of my friends that are online right now? Sort it out, you’ve had 13 years and this is the best you could do?

28. Nigel Laight   October 7, 2013 at 4:32 am

Sorry to say, but I’m done with GTAV. £40 outlay just so I can spend fruitless house staring at error messages, have my main game glitch out and lose my online game completely. If it wasn’t ready it should not have been released. This wouldn’t be acceptable in any other medium. “sorry” doesn’t compensate for wasted time and effort.

29. eri foun   October 7, 2013 at 2:13 am

I am unable to do ANY quick jobs, nor join my friends. I am stuck on playing the solo session, which is quickly becoming beyond lame. We didn’t anticipate this for a year, only to find out it doesn’t all the way work. I bet Watch Dog and COD GHOST online play will be much better.

30. YokaiRaizen   October 7, 2013 at 1:13 am

They also need to change where you spawn and where your car spawns…No R*, I do not have fun trying to get to my car by having to run out of a subway tunnel, climb up a ledge, and run three miles just to get to my car every time the game fails to load a mission.

31. Tracy   October 7, 2013 at 12:32 am

Tried to start up an invite only session today with friends and keep getting a message saying cloud servers r down if u continue u will be placed with a fresh player so I clicked cancel and now my lvl 37 player is gone but on rockstarsocial club its still there so what should I do should I wait or start over again and also never had a problem until this happened

32. sam   October 6, 2013 at 11:12 pm

lost a level 36, along with 240k unit and cars, in total about a million dollar earned account gone

33. pissedoffplayer   October 6, 2013 at 7:33 pm

six hrs later and still cant get online. the patch was a waste of time i think they just need to update the servers and everything will be fine but they dont want to spend OUR money on that so they give us bs excuses. ametuerish retards.

34. colin ps3 user   October 6, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Lost it all again, now on character number 13, I stopped naming them and started numbering them as a game, figured I’d play something. Even when the cloud servers are up I’ll lose characters, they’re dropping like flies, those grandparents in the game have been kept busy, seriously though still waiting for a proper fix and no more lies about its our fault your incapable servers are deleting characters because its full…

35. Ben   October 6, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I hope this will be fixed sometime tonight or tomorrow. I tried getting online & it said that cloud servers are down temp. I just hope my character is saved & everything else is there when its back online, I got 20G’s & rank 9 from robbing & mugging people. Especially when your running from the cops. Hard work even for someone like me. I believe R* can get this resolved & fix everything wrong. I been a fan for the past 13 Yrs & hope I don’t stop loving R*. Thank you for the games & experience & wish you luck on finding a solution to this problem. Keep up the good work! Sincerely, your fan Ben

36. Neil   October 6, 2013 at 5:02 pm

After loosing my 1st property (2 car garage) and 2 cars, then lost my second property (apartment with 6 car garage) i had my rank reset, cash, cars everything gone, i had to watch that intro video and do the start race all over again.

All was working fine after but now im stuck on a job loop that just fails to load period!!!.

37. Sam   October 6, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Come on r* all that money an nofink to back it up, wots goin on?

38. dayne   October 6, 2013 at 4:40 pm

i have lost my profile 3 times and sent rockstar an email with no reply so finally i sent them this email with still no reply. dated 6/10/2013

R*

Once I finally managed to get online, I had such a great time playing through the activities with friends. How ever, after losing multiple characters and reading complaint after complaint about all the issues online. I am truly mind boggled why you are still allowing players access to the online portion of the game. Knowing full well that your service is not stable.

Also, we all have read about this “Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through these initial launch period technical issues.” Although, this is not a technical issue. This is clearly user error. You guys were not prepared at all. In addition to having 2 extra weeks to prepare for online. To only have your online service fail day one. Learn something from other companies that provide a better online experience then you have. For example, Blizzard is amazing with their online experience. In addition, they will not allow players to access online when they are experiencing real “technical difficulties”.

What you are putting us through is a beta and this is not acceptable. I hope you guys are sued for being dishonest and for false advertising.

I hope the next game you guys release fails miserably and i hope none of us forget what you have done to your fans with the release of GTA V. Please only promise a service you can deliver. And, why should we just deal with it? If you purchased a new car and find out you can’t drive it off the lot because of a technical issue. How pissed off would you be? To only hear the dealer tell you “Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through these initial launch period technical issues.” Sounds like bs to me.

You have failed your fans and every person who spent their money to buy this game. We are almost going on one week now and still, you have yet to find a fix for simply saving online characters. My only guess is all that money you profited from GTA 5 is going into your pockets. Lastly, If the technology available today is unable to accommodate the necessary equipment to provide a functional online experience for GTA V. Then fu*king invent it! You made more then a billion dollars crying out loud! FIx it now! No excuses any more you rich fools!

39. Andrew   October 6, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Issues still remain toons go and are never seen again making it hard xbox 360 users online to do things I use the helicopter from the airports lots now.

40. carl   October 6, 2013 at 4:29 pm

its really getting on my nerves loseing my stuff and not being able to join with or without friends

41. insana   October 6, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Hey I Actually had my character at level 21 with a garage and nice car. I also came across the cloud server error issue and lost my character. I had to make a new one and around lvl five my nice car replaced with the one i just had to get and my garage appeared? But my rank didn’t go back to 21 I’m still rank 7. I’m now annoyed but i have full understanding that r* is trying to the best to fix these issues and i thank you guys for that.

42. GrayishPit   October 6, 2013 at 4:16 pm

My level 26 character with 5 tricked out cars and a beast condo just disappeared after a blank frozen green screen! Wtf Rockstar! All I want is my character and condo at least! Waz going on 🙁

43. Beastyroo   October 6, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I too have the cloud servers unavailable message even after patch while most of my friends online are playing fine!! I thought that test drive unlimited 2 was bad at launch but gta 5 online is wayyyyy worse!!! After all the hype its just a major flop !!! Roll on november for the next gen…..gta 5 game of the year????!!! Nahhh dont think so mate!!!

44. Khalil Brown (@MekaliKaga)   October 6, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Everyone just needs to have a little patience. It was clearly stated there would be issues from day one. Why everyone is flipping out over it is beyond me.

• Matthew Gargan   October 10, 2013 at 11:05 pm

• stan   October 15, 2013 at 7:29 am

yes because everyone in the world has the game dont they

45. Jamie C   October 6, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I’m getting fed up of losing money that I am banking. We are choosing to invest our time enjoying this game and working towards the cool things that have been advertised, only to be let down.
    The least they can do is give us Microsoft points or the ps3 equivalent to compensate, or some free DLC for all as a gesture of gratitude that we’re not all returning the game.

46. Kevstar   October 6, 2013 at 2:45 pm

What about the Problem with losing characters? I was Level 37 ! I dont care about Cash i just want my Level back!

47. dave   October 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Another problem many of my friends and i included have came across is ‘rockstar cloud server is unavailable’ blah blah blah, when in actual fact there is people on my friends list currently playing online…….how does that work ???

48. jacktyler90Jack   October 6, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I’ve never seen an “MMO” or online game release and have a start that was anything less than shaky. I have faith in R*, just let them work.

49. eric gutie   October 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Yea gta 5 online was working for me up until this morning.My character ,rank and cash are all now gone!! RANK 46, 180K CASH,SO MUCH TIME LOST!!!!HOPEFULLY IT CAN BE RESTORED