Despite Rockstar Games working around the clock to solve all the server issues, there are still 15 problems that need to be fixed. On top of the server issues, other problems still continue after the PS3 patch download was made available. But it does appear that the ongoing issues may be interconnected with the server problems.
Rockstar have admitted that they were completely unprepared for the amount of gamers who attempted to access the GTA Online Multiplayer mode. The company had spent time and money pumping up their existing servers, but still misjudged the sheer numbers accessing them.
One issue that is still being mentioned by gamers is the loss of equipment, money, characters and ranking in the GTA V Online mode. Like all the other issues, Rockstar are trying to find out why this is happening and are working on some way to restore anything lost. They have offered to send automatic email notifications when they get new information about fixes.
The below server problems have been listed by Rockstar Games as ongoing issues. They have since updated their support website to say the the connection problems have been fixed. But, according to comments that our articles have been receiving, these problems are still occurring.
The 15 GTA V network and server issues that still need to be fixed are:
1. Error message stating that Rockstar “Cloud Servers Unavailable.”
2. Error message saying that the game has failed hosting a ‘GTA Online Session.”
3. Errors that state the game has timed out while “matchmaking a compatible GTA Online Session.”
4. Error message of “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session.”
5. Errors that read “job failed to start or load.”
6. Error message of “Mission Failed” after mission start during a gaming session.
7. Match load screens taking too long and timing out after 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Offline and online content being intermingled on Jobs list.
9. Problems getting past the first Tutorial Race.
10. Players ending up in a free-roaming session without Jobs/Markers on the map when playing a temparary character while suffering a cloud outage.
11. A large number of network/server related error messages as well as connection problems and/or server errors.
12. The game freezing while loading the first race in GTAO with the message “waiting for other players” displayed on screen.
13. Having a cut-scene run twice before the player gets stuck on a loading screen.
14. Race Corona not showing up for the first race.
15. Overall issues with Social Club site and its features; including failed logins; slow loading; et al.
Rockstar have stated that their Title update 1.02 fixed the tutorial problem, but players are still saying that they are having issues getting past the first Tutorial Race.
As with all the issues encountered by players in the GTA V Online Multiplayer mode, Rockstar have apologized and have promised to keep working on the problems non-stop. They have also thanked the gaming community for having patience with their unexpected server problems.
Looking at the Online forums and the comments on our own site, it looks as though players are starting to get angry at all the issues the game has. Several have threatened to return the game and ask for their money back as they still cannot get online to access the multiplayer mode. Or they can only get onto the mode sometimes versus regularly.
With no less than 15 server issues still needing to be fixed for the GTA V Online Multiplayer mode, fans of the franchise are becoming less forgiving with Rockstar Games. The excitement over the launch of the online mode has been tempered with a plethora of problems. One thing that is not helping Rockstar are their assertions that problems have been fixed even though many players are still experiencing them.
By Michael Smith