GTA V Online FAIL Solution for PS3 and XBox

technology, entertainment, gaming, GTA, GTA V, online
RockStarGames released its online version of the new gaming sensation, Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V) this week to a disappointing bevvy of technological errors, but today PS3 and XBox gamers are being offered a solution to this big-time fail. Game servers were initially incapable of hosting the tens of thousands of gamers simultaneously, and many in-game errors were occuring as well. Players reported continually seeing an ominous “failed mission” message that would appear within the first minute of gameplay, as well as lost cash and belongings. For many players, 10 or 15 minutes of loading time would result in simply being asked to try again later.
As of Friday at midnight, the most recent updates for online gamers went live via PS3. Gamers who have been experiencing multiple errors with their original downloads simply need to log in again and the update will be automatically downloaded into the existing content file. Xbox 360 gamers should be receiving their own update today as soon as the collaborative RockStarGames and Microsoft teams finish fixing the rest of the errors. According to the game publisher, today’s GTA V Online updates will fix the following widespread user issues:
  • Failed launching session in the online tutorial
  • Bank and cash deletions
  • Incorrect amounts of cash dropped after player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing
  • Disappearing Character Switch Wheel
  • Black Screen upon entry to GTA Online via Character Switch Wheel
  • Temporary characters with more power than main characters
  • Lost apartments and purchase fees
  • Missed Story Mode missions
  • Corrupted autosaves

Developers have also corrected a myriad of smaller issues which hopefully will result in smoother gameplay and less lag time. In addition to this initial solution for GTA V Online PS3 and XBox gamers, RockStarGames has also released a new Social Club via their website where gamers can come together to compare stats, missions and the overall performance of the game. Through the Social Club, players can learn more about some of the available jobs in the game and decide whether or not to add jobs to their in-game queue. The developer says that many more features are coming to the Social Club in the following weeks and months to enhance the social component of the online game.

Gamers can find suggested temporary fixes for certain in-game bugs via the Social Club. As for the online feature that allows players to purchase in-game cash with real money, RockStarGames has made the decision to pull that option for the time being. It will be reinstated into the game once the cash-related problems have completely been eradicated, to avoid gamers losing actual cash values online and out-of-pocket.

Any further issues that gamers experience with GTA V Online should be reported to the RockStarGames Support page. Barring another overwhelming technological fail, developers are confident that today’s solution update for PS3 and XBox will finally have the game running smoothly.

by Mandy Gardner

RockStarGames – GTA Online: New Title Update Available Today and More

RockStarGames -Rock Star Support

The Guardian – GTA V Online: Rockstar launches update to fix PS3 problems

13 Responses to "GTA V Online FAIL Solution for PS3 and XBox"

1. billy   June 4, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Ever since the update today i cant do online missions fix or im gonna press charges because my game was fine intill this update .

2. Wanted 541   December 7, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I hope they’re fixing the problem when It says *Failed data to sync in cloud service* they did not mention that in the new update that i know of so if any one cant tell me if its in the new update and when its comes out, Thank you

3. Zanku   October 8, 2013 at 12:45 am

I got the game on xbox, and sometimes when i want to do a job/mission/race or anything else to earn cash it than sometimes says: Failed to download job, please try again.

But after that i keep trying but still doesnt work

4. Katsu   October 7, 2013 at 4:42 am

If you lost your main character don’t make another one. Just wait until Rockstar recovers your character.

5. Katsu   October 7, 2013 at 4:30 am

Hey,

You guys need to wait man. And don’t worry if your character is gone. I lost mine 2 times and I just did wait and I actually got it back 2 times. And DON’T use “Retry” button. Because then you will lose your character, but you will retrieve it back ofcourse. It’s not that you lose everything. And besides, Rockstar is attempting a solution to recover all data that ppl lost. Just wait until the game works properly. But you can always try to play “with” issues. I also play GTA Online even it’s buggy and cr*p. Just don’t use the “Retry” button and you don’t have to worry about your character, and cars and mods aswel. I have connection issues, well most of us have that problem. We have to wait until Rockstar fixes the problems. And DO NOT make another character, because it wil OVERRIDE your main character. Then you will permanently lose your Character. It’s just the CLOUD that is down, and when it’s down, the cloud can’t gain information so your Character is not showing. Well, I hope we can play well and without any issues later.

Take care all.

And my apologies for the grammar, I’m Dutch.

6. svs   October 6, 2013 at 9:18 am

just do a RIGHT update fixing ALL the problems so many players be happy and game running smoothly for all of us ……

7. Tony   October 6, 2013 at 12:33 am

Every time I start a mission it just fails immediately. Should I wait for a update or make another character?

• Ken Frankie Jr.   October 6, 2013 at 5:24 am

Probably don’t matter much at all till the update unless you just want to goof off because you can’t do real mission with friends and if you do make a new character he will probably be deleted before the next patch mine has been 3 times since I was finally able to get on which was Oct.3 first was rank 9 then rank 18 then rank 5 I’m afraid to check this morning in fear that my rank 12 guy might be gone – ps3 kdog337

8. BML   October 5, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Works on ps3 if you go into the pause menu and start a SOLO SESSION…. Invite ONLY. fails when starting missions but i am able to steeal cars, buy cars, property, rob stores, ETC…

9. Ken Frankie Jr.   October 5, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Same here my character was deleted last night I was lv 18 now today I can’t even do the stupid tutorial err its driving me crazy

10. svs   October 5, 2013 at 1:06 pm

online does not working for ps3….

11. svs   October 5, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Before 7 hours i was playing gta online and it was all fine…then i closed my ps3 to take a break…!when i re-opened it to play online again it showed me a message “timed out matchmaking to a compatible….blah blah ” and until now i am not able to play..!! please do something for these problems …!!

12. oHaggiso   October 5, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Its still not working and hasnt been since yesterday evening on ps3. Still get failed to connect to online session,lost character etc…. This patch has fixed nothing..