GTA V Online First Installment of Stimulus Package This Week

GTA V Online vehicles

Rockstar previously announced that they would be delivering a stimulus package of 500,000 GTA$ to each player via Grand Theft Auto V Online to spend what whatever in-game content players want. Rockstar stated that the first installment of this gracious gift will be deposited into players in-game back accounts “this week.”

As for the second half of this stimulus package, Rockstar says that it is planned to happen “by the end of the month.” Unfortunately that is as specific as Rockstar wants to be right now. The stimulus package itself is meant as an apology from Rockstar to the players for the painful amount of problems GTA V Online experienced when it first became available.

What can be bought with the money from this stimulus package? Anything in-game for GTA V Online. If you want cars, houses, weapons, or whatever, Rockstar is giving you enough money to go on a spending spree, so have some fun. This will also help in obtaining some of the trophies and achievements for GTA V Online.

How do you receive this stimulus package? Simply play GTA V Online during the month of October and check your in-game bank account. This gift is not restricted to specific consoles. Anyone that is playing GTA V Online during October will receive this cash boost.

Due to the sheer amount of freedom in GTA V, customization exists in many different forms. While playing GTA V Online it is not unusual to find people who look like your character or drive similar cars. With the help of this stimulus package players will have enough extra cash to customize their character in more ways than one.

For those of you that prefer digital copies of games, GTA V is now available as an On Demand download for Xbox 360, and can be purchased without having to leave your own home, which probably will not happen anymore after you buy GTA V anyway.

If you do purchase GTA V this week you will be eligible for the first half of the stimulus package. As long as you play online during the month of October you will be able to receive the entire stimulus package for 500,000 GTA$. Want some fancy cars? There is a nice selection of items you can spend your in-game money on.

GTA V Cars

If you are nervous about losing changes to cars, don’t be. Rockstar just released update 1.04 for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. This update addresses issues where players lost vehicle mods, couldn’t pay for utility bills, got stuck while using playlists, and more. The update is also expected to help with long load times and prevent players from glitching GTA V into selling the same vehicle multiple times for extra money.

If you are still experiencing problems, Rockstar encourages you to visit their support website and comment on problems you may be having. Rockstar is putting serious effort into transforming GTA V Online into a stress-free experience that all players can enjoy. The stimulus package will go a long way towards smoothing the road between Rockstar and GTA V Online players.

Written By: Garrett Jutte

Rockstar Games

True Achievements

Computer and Video Games

46 Responses to GTA V Online First Installment of Stimulus Package This Week

1. Jeremy November 7, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I got online yesterday and had an extra 500000 in my account. So what’s that all about? Anyway who cares about that, just do the new glitch, iv made millions in an hour!!

2. kenti November 4, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Wheres my money an wen will heist work?

3. kenti November 4, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Wheres my money takin too looonnggg na! An whens heist gona work?

4. john October 31, 2013 at 8:42 pm

potshots is a good mission to replay. you get 7.000 each time and its easy to do

5. tommyT October 31, 2013 at 2:02 am

500k is nice but i dont understand why people are desperate for it. If you played well you should have your 400k appartement and nice cars by now already. Besides 500k wo
    Tnt bring you far. Only my lambo inferno with all upgrades is about 700k and thats only 1 car. Anyways it’s a Nice gesture but for most wont compensate for the millions of $, cars and progress they lost..

• Geoff Palmer November 2, 2013 at 9:44 am

Fair play, however I find it challenging to get enough money without spending it, I don’t even have a garage yet (sad I know) but I am desperate, you see my Eclipse Tower apt. wont just buy itself ya’ know!

-Cybergeoff6, fellow online gamer.

6. Shadowmayhem123 October 28, 2013 at 9:57 am

It Monday and still no package. its really pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• moore24000 October 30, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Same here still no package wtf. And 6 more lost cars. Come on man

7. GTA5-TV October 28, 2013 at 5:42 am

I think the $500,000 stimulus package for game content that Rockstar is offering to its fans in compensation for the GTA V online debacle is fair enough. But, let’s hope that they learned their lessons. Next time when Rockstar will release an online based game of GTA V (like for instance there are unconfirmed reports of a PC version early next year), they should ensure to have everything in place for a smoothing launch.

• keith October 28, 2013 at 7:55 pm

NOthing is never good enough eh? Always someone complaining and crying, There is no lesson to be learned, this game broke a billion in sales fast , thats A LOT more people than they probably expected on their servers that soon…..
      Drop the nay saying and enjoy the game, no one likes a 30 year old baby :)

8. C Rut October 27, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Is the patch download automatic? If not how do I download it?

9. crad October 27, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I haven’t gotten my package yet

10. n00dleb0b333 October 27, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Do you have to be online the day the stimulus is released or no

11. Garrett Jutte October 27, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Rockstar says that they have pushed back the date until after the next title update. Once the update is up it is likely that simply going into GTA Online and checking your bank account will yield the money you are waiting for. Here is a quote from Rockstar about the matter.

“We know many of you are anxiously waiting for us to show you the GTA$ Stimulus Package money we announced a couple weeks back. As mentioned in that post, we of course want to ensure that game progress loss issues are sufficiently sorted before distributing the GTA$ to everyone. We have a few more tweaks and fixes to make in a new title update that will hit sometime next week and then we will distribute the cash.”

12. Nicole October 27, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Everytime I try to get Online it tells me it timed out and I reload it and it goes online and there are no icons, and no people online. If I go back to story mode and get online from there as soon as I get back online from there it tells me I’ve been kicked by other players and there’s nobody there. This is really starting to piss me off. FIX IT!

13. David October 26, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Where’s my money I’ve had a million problems with this game I hate waiting

• Joe Cutting October 30, 2013 at 12:43 pm

rockstar seems to love pushing back everything. gta5 itself was delayed, online was delayed, stimulus delayed. im amazed they put an ending in the game

14. C-YO October 26, 2013 at 3:47 pm

JUST GOT MY 250K while I was reading through this thread!!! EFF YES, Nice house here I come :D

15. AnnoyedGTAFan October 26, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I’d rather have my lost vehicles back. 500K doesn’t come close to what i’ve lost. Just lost another vehicle yet all these problems are meant to be resolved. EPIC FAIL ROCKSTAR.

16. Gtagirl October 25, 2013 at 5:09 pm

This ridiculous i just lost all my game data and 70000 dollars!;(

17. Lord of the flies October 25, 2013 at 12:09 pm

They really need to fix the alert glitch in the online mode. where your playing and you get invited left and right. even after you turn everything off it still invites you to missions. It ruined my friends game since all he hears is the alert ding every 8-10 seconds.. that’s terrible

18. Reaper58801 October 25, 2013 at 11:04 am

Would you guys rather have your stimulus now and lose it all because of a glitch or would you rather wait to get it when the bugs have been worked out? Stop complaining!!

19. I igotnpnick October 25, 2013 at 9:15 am

Friday box still didnt got annything……promises promises

20. jake October 25, 2013 at 7:58 am

Still no stimulus. I love how early this week turns into early next week. Now its Friday. I love it rockstar. It isnt as bad as what overkill is doing with console gamers in payday 2. But still. Lets get a move on youshouldnt have said early this week. That was dumb

21. Chazza October 25, 2013 at 4:03 am

They keep delaying the release of the stimulus package, does anyone actually know the specific date?

22. kiwi2166 October 24, 2013 at 11:35 pm

ive lost alot off progress from online gta 5 and i keep getting kicked alot off times from online it always tells me to return to the normal game i say this is getting ridiculous please fix it

23. Cotton Eye Joe October 24, 2013 at 7:47 pm

This game really should have had a beta. Then I think they could have run a few tests first before releasing it

24. aj October 24, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Wen will ps3 get it

25. PSN klfields October 24, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Hop on with Deuce Five Crew! Now accepting. Get with it or get splitted.

26. whoop October 24, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Did anyone get there stimulus package?

27. Syed Hussain October 24, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Wow soo many cheaters glitching for good cars good thing its patched

28. Rhys Marshall October 24, 2013 at 3:32 pm

If i download the update on friday around 7pm (uk time) would i still get the 500k/stimulus package?? please reply

29. bink October 24, 2013 at 3:26 pm

sooo…….the people that cheated the system with the glitching will just become more rich?

30. Screwed out of wave 9 survival October 24, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I was having not too many issues until I had a winning streak in a survival game, got to wave 9 3 TIMES IN A ROW (Yes all separate missions) and at wave 9 I randomly get a load into free roam…. and of course no money…. wave 9 3 times in a row and $0 to show for it… yeah I’ll happily take that stimulus package rockstar… you guys owe me and several others haha.

31. Odd October 24, 2013 at 1:34 pm

The 1.04 patch didn’t fix everything….Some cosmetic mods I made to my car are…..gone. Go figure.

32. Chuck Testa October 24, 2013 at 11:48 am

They hyped this game for its online way to much, now everyone has high expectations. All resulting in impatient gamers; why was there not a beta for this at first? The constant need to keep waiting is getting ridiculous…

33. imodpudsyz October 24, 2013 at 8:51 am

its released now its just gonna take time they sey the end of this week fam

34. london October 24, 2013 at 8:09 am

im still waiting on my stimulus package

35. Terrance October 24, 2013 at 8:05 am

Urban Operators is a rising crew in need of member, online everyday so add FREEGMB as a point of contact

36. Mary Kay Love October 24, 2013 at 4:08 am

Waiting to hear if anyone has received the online money. Curious to see how this will all shake out. Great article!

37. Luiz October 24, 2013 at 12:23 am

I’m tired of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. ixMyth October 23, 2013 at 11:42 pm

“Back Accounts”

Nice…

39. GameVeteran October 23, 2013 at 10:48 pm

I read a very simular post last week….

40. Rnin October 23, 2013 at 7:58 pm

The offline game is GTA V. However, the online game, released separately is GTA Online and will continue to evolve separately from the offline games.

41. Woopy Goldberg October 23, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Please report when you find out the release date.

We will read your comment immediately so leave a remark!

RSS Guardian Express

• Chris Brown Trial Delayed for Months April 24, 2014
    The assault charge trial for Chris Brown has been delayed for months because his bodyguard, who is a key witness in the singer’s case, was denied immunity. Bodyguard Christopher Hollosy said that he would not testify without immunity until he has finished appealing his own case. Immunity would allow Hollosy to testify without putting his […]
    Twanna Harps
  • Hawaii Announces Bruno Mars Day Again April 24, 2014
    Hawaii announced December 19 as Bruno Mars day, and then once again, Hawaii governor Neil Abercrombie declared Monday, April 21, 2014, as Bruno Mars Day. Usually when a state announces a holiday, it is a one-time event. The new day coincides with his three-day concert that was sold out in Honolulu. He is not the […]
    Heather Tillman
  • American Idol The Super Six Perform (Review & Videos) April 24, 2014
    American Idol tonight is down to the final six competitors of the season. The Super Six will perform twice, each one singing a country and a rock song, and then their fates will be in your hands, America! Vote on the one or ones you think did the best, or who you simply like the […]
    Douglas Cobb
  • Daniel Franzese of ‘Mean Girls’ Comes Out April 24, 2014
    In a heartwarming letter to his character, “Damien,” from the movie Mean Girls, Daniel Franzese is ready to come out of the closet. It has been close to 10 years since the release of the hit movie, and his letter is not only inspirational, but also sad in places. He tells “Damien” that he wished he had […]
    Kristi Cereska
  • Johnny Cueto Dominates for Cincinnati: Reds Report April 24, 2014
    For a team still trying to find their way Johnny Cueto is doing his part; dominating opposing hitters, making his case for the pitcher of the month in the National League in April and keeping the Cincinnati Reds afloat. Cueto is now 2-2 on the season with a 1.38 ERA and a WHIP of just 0.77. […]
    Mick Varner