GTA V Online Gamers Excited at the Prospect of a $500,000 Stimulus Package

GTA V Online Gamers Excited at the Prospect of a $500,000 In-Game Stimulus PackageGTA V online gamers who have expressed their disappointment at various glitches in the early days following the game’s release are very excited at the prospect of receiving a $500,000 in-game stimulus package from RockStar Games.

The gaming dollars will be offered to anyone who logs into the game this month.  Those playing will be eligible to receive the deposits, which are going to be added into the players in-game banking accounts.

RockStar Games is generously offering the stimulus package as a way of apologizing for the technical problems that have been present since GTA 5’s release earlier this month.

The money is set to be divided up into two installments, each worth $250,000.  The first installment is due to arrive some time next week when another patch for GTA 5 is being released.  RockStar Games says that the latest update will fix the problem online gamers have been having with vanishing cars as well as a host of other remaining bugs.  Players can expect the remaining balance by the end of October.

Fans of the popular game have been complaining mightily since its October 1 release.  Claiming that the first several days were basically unplayable due to such a large amount of online traffic.  Servers were clogged and online gamers steadily grew frustrated.  Who could have predicted such traffic?  Well, RockStar games, for one.  GTA5 was the most highly anticipated game of the year.  After releasing patches and fixing numerous problems they were still having serious technical issues.  Online avatars were disappearing completely, along with their money and game ranking.  Those patches were just released last week.

By offering the $500,000 in-game stimulus package, RockStar Games continues has shown that they actually do care about the online gamers who are spending their hard earned money on the game.  They have shared information through blog posts and have been highly communicative throughout.  Now, if only we can get our Government to behave the same way.

All this goodwill is good karma for Rockstar.  Just yesterday it was announced that Guinness Book of World Records crowned GTA V with six world records.  These include best-selling game of all time in addition to being the fastest game to reach over $1 billion in sales.  And it was also announced that the game, right now only available for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, will be coming to a PC near you next year.

Excited GTA 5 Online Gamers should expect to see their first payment of $250,000 to pop up in their gaming accounts as soon as next week.  And, as for the remaining $250,000?  Well, you could say that the check is in the mail.

By:  Mary Kay Love

Source 1

Source 2

25 Responses to "GTA V Online Gamers Excited at the Prospect of a $500,000 Stimulus Package"

1. MikeNIke   October 21, 2013 at 7:48 am

The patches they recently released still doesn’t fix it avatars are still getting erased and job pay outs have been cut in half. Only good thing with the new patches is that you dnt lose as much money when you die. Recently had to re do my avatar 6-7 times before it finally saved

2. Stan   October 18, 2013 at 11:44 am

I really thought they were gonna release the patch and money at the same time.

Especially since the reports I’ve seen the patch actually cuts the $$$$ amount you get from jobs by at least 50%. If you can barely cover your ammo costs for a job w/ the money little amount of money you made from the last one we need the hand out more than ever.

3. .   October 18, 2013 at 4:31 am

they will probably release the money once the issues are fixed.

4. QuantumT   October 17, 2013 at 4:54 pm

When a game becomes mor then a game, you get comments
    Ike these.

5. HW   October 17, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Nice offer but where’s the dough? It’s well into the next week nothing in my account yet.

6. Courtney.s   October 17, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I’m not too excited, I would be if it weren’t for the fact of Rockstar messing up. I had two awesome cars that I spent a lot of honest earned “money” on (without doing glitches) and they would be gone the next day along with the money I spent on them. 500,000 hardly covers anything, even though it is a nice “apology”. Also, I would be at a fairly good level by the time I would go to bed at night. However, when I would log on the next day, my character lost almost all of its rank, and I would have to start over, it’s very frustrating. It would be nice if Rockstar would give RP as well. Because, not only I, but I’m sure many other lost quite a bit of their RP points and could be such a higher level if Rockstar wouldn’t have been messing up. But now with all the patches Rockstar is doing, most people are just trying to find ways around the glitches, instead of just playing the game right and it screws up the game for whoever may be in that game because it locks up.

• Guest   October 18, 2013 at 1:18 am

Stop crying already, online has only been out for bout 2 weeks. So guess what? It will only take you 1 more week to get all you’re money back cuz rockstar is giving u $500,000 of it back. 1 week isn’t long. In 3 days a made over $600,000 without glitches, I just sold cars and did survival. Not to mention since gta online became playable I’ve earned a 100,000 car and a 217,000 apartment. Plus all the money I spent on hospital bills, guns, ammo, and car upgrades. The moral of the story is SUCK IT UP, it’s not that hard to earn money.

• Lizzy   October 18, 2013 at 2:18 pm

You seriously need a life.. Not everyone is on it 24/7.

• Hehehe   October 18, 2013 at 1:22 am

7. katrine   October 17, 2013 at 7:57 am

Well, if we didn’t lose the money in our bank accounts that’d be great, too. This is really nice, though.

8. Dean   October 17, 2013 at 5:48 am

It’s cheque – Damn crazy american english – Whats wrong with the correct versions\spellings of words

9. daniel ramsay (@djramsay72)   October 17, 2013 at 5:36 am

get a life, it was only broke for 3 days lol

10. Peter   October 17, 2013 at 5:35 am

Players are not excited about the 500k, for most players 500k don’t even begin to cover the losses also RockStar staff have set up the game so it is extremely hard to earn money in game, in an effort to exploit players so they will buy the in game cash.

• Nick Davison   October 17, 2013 at 6:45 am

Its not hard at all once you get to around level 40. I made $250 in a single day, you just need to spend your time racing and doing missions.

• Callum Jones   October 17, 2013 at 11:25 am

Well I have the 10 most expensive cars, 2 planes, 1 helicopter, 1 ‘dump’ and 11 million left, shoilf of done the glitches. Unlucky

11. ScorpioMarine   October 17, 2013 at 2:24 am

I’m pretty sure that everyone wants to know when the patch will be available. They never answered anyone directly. Besides, it’s a game and people getting all bent out of shape over lost characters etc., need to get a life.

• Raven Reeves   October 22, 2013 at 8:29 am

Are you kidding get a life? People worked really hard on their characters (customization, level,money,house,and cars). People can complain all they want when their getting screwed by a game they paid for.

12. janbeej   October 17, 2013 at 12:13 am

I put together some Tips for GTA V Online, Take a look at: http://gta-5-tips-and-cheats.com/money-tips-grand-theft-auto-five-online.htm

13. Estudios23   October 16, 2013 at 11:24 pm

When are we goin get da money ?

• darnell   October 17, 2013 at 7:23 am

did you even read the article ……

14. thatoneguy   October 16, 2013 at 8:59 pm

i think we should get enough rp to rank to lvl 30 as well for the long waits to get online

• bongwater770   October 17, 2013 at 10:35 am

during the first week I ranked up to level 12, I logged on a few days later I was rank 3? And all u do is give me money? Where’s the rp at

15. Drizzlek7   October 16, 2013 at 8:17 pm

The money is a great way to say sorry, but are we forgetting about all the rp people have missed out on? What good is money if you don’t have rp to unlock a nice car or the gun you have been wanting.