GTA V Online Issues Addressed in New Title Patch

GTA V Online Title Patch for PS3
Rockstar Games have released another title patch for the PS3 and are working to make the Xbox 360 patch available very soon. The patch will address problems with the GTA V Online Mode.

The issues that Rockstar have attempted to fix are:

Several issues that caused characters to be deleted and lost progress.

Several issues that resulted in infinite loading, sky cams; and lost interfacing options between jobs.

Issues causing replay options to lock out on some jobs.

An issue causing players to get stuck in the mod garage while respraying the Sanchez motorcycle.

An issue that allowed players to be stuck in Los Santos Customs during the Online tutorial.

An Issue that allowed the loss of ammo and guns

Issues that caused GTA races to finish early due to players spawning too far ahead.

Issues that kept Last Team Standing from getting out of the lobby.

Issues of players receiving network errors if they used the Quick Jobs option to join Last Team Standing.

Increased explanations/instructions for players using temporary characters for GTA Online when the Rockstar Cloud server is down.

Adjusted cash penalties for dying in One on One matches.

While the patch does clear up some issues of character deletion, it does not address all items, property, et al, that players are upset about losing. Rockstar have again thanked players for their patience and reassured them that they are still working on the problem. They have promised that they are looking into ways of solving the problem and working out some sort of restitution.

Rockstar have also listed the still ongoing issues with their network and the Cloud Server. The open issues are:

Error messages showing that Rockstar Cloud Servers are not available.

Error messages showing a failure to host GTA Online session.

An error message saying “Timed out” while matchmaking compatible GTA Online Sessions.

Error messages on jobs failing to load or start.

Multiple network error messages including server errors, disconnections.

Error messages showing mission failure once the mission begins.

Errors causing matchmaking load screens to time out after 10 to 15 minutes.

Disc-based errors (offline) mixing with online content on Jobs list.

Free roaming sessions during a cloud server outage leaving players with no jobs/markers showing on the map when using a temporary character.

The company is also aware of the existing Social Club issues that include problems with login, slow loading, emailing issues, et al. R* are attempting to fix these problems as well. The support site updates also point out that some issues have been resolved with the 10/5/13 Title Update 1.02. These issues are:

Gameplay freezing when loading the first race in GTA Online while “waiting for other players” message is displayed.

Players being stuck on load screens and getting the same cut-scene repeated.

Players being stuck while attempting to transition into the race or lobby as other players are leaving or entering.

The loss of Race Corona (start area, marker) for the first race.

Rockstar have been working to fix all the existing, and ongoing, problems since the Online launch. While players have been frustrated and angry at the issues, the company have been providing Title updates on a regular basis. So far, on their support site, they provide updates on their progress at least once per 24 hour time period.

While they have yet to address the server issues that are infuriating players, they have released another GTA V update. The new Title patch for the PS3 addresses existing issues in Online gameplay and the Xbox 360 Title update will be available soon. Rockstar reminds players that they can contact them for ongoing issues and subscribe to their support page for the most recent information.

By Michael Smith
United Kingdom

Source

Source 1

40 Responses to "GTA V Online Issues Addressed in New Title Patch"

1. Traxxas   November 16, 2013 at 9:42 am

R* plz fix saving fail

2. Den   November 7, 2013 at 10:27 am

That says:FAILED TO HOST TO GTA 5 ONLINE SERVERS.I install version 1.05 and I cant connect to gta 5 online again.please help me!!!

3. ADzstat   October 21, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I’m works fine now but it would be nice to get the money rockstar said they was going to pay out as I lost money &cars online when it 1st came out, as well being licked in sky cam for ever until I hat to turn my ps3 off to get out of it.
    So when are we getting the half a million ?????

4. tristam   October 21, 2013 at 12:17 pm

And it still restarts I have been having this problem eversince I got this dang game I have 21 gbs left since I installed it onto my flashdrive I moved the update to my flashdrive and I cant go more than 20 mins and it just blacks out and restarts simeone please help!!!!

5. Paul Mac   October 20, 2013 at 1:43 am

I can’t even get past the first loading screem where you have the choice of loading story mode or online mode. Really annoying and think rockstar should consider some sort of compensation for everyone as we all getting different problems. Does anyone else have the same issue as me where they can’t even load a saved game?

6. Adam Woodford   October 19, 2013 at 8:58 am

On my xbox 360 everytime I load gta online it immediately says “i’ve been kicked by other online players” thing Is I’ve not even played online yet all I’ve done is create my character and watch a intro movie and that’s it. Not even enjoyed 5mins of playing online and that’s the whole reason why I bought this game! For the online part.

7. Louis   October 19, 2013 at 6:18 am

So I was playing Gta Online and the past couple days have been fine, but then when I was free roaming today it said the cloud servers went down during my session right above the mini map. So I quit and then tried to get back online. Then the character creator screen popped up with my character not there, what should I do?

8. vinman   October 18, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Worst update ever. RP & cash rewards halved for missions. Uneven pastors to players for completing the same mission. I’m at lv50+ & my buddy @ lv 20+ & I got 9k for a mission while he got 4.5k. He actually killed more people in that mission. Rockstar is destroying a beautiful thing. The economy was fine you paranoid freaks

9. josh   October 16, 2013 at 7:50 pm

everytime i join a freemode i end up getting kicked like in 3 seconds!!!!!!!

10. Bad Blasian   October 16, 2013 at 1:08 pm

This update sucks. They took out the replay on missions and auto aim for certain missions which makes it beyond hard to finish, and they still didn’t fix the problems they said they were supposed to fix. Majority of the time I am waiting in the clouds or when I get into a session I get immediately kicked out. I am tired of people saying it’s my connection because I highly doubt it’s just me with these problems.

11. Cory   October 15, 2013 at 3:14 pm

It won’t let me stay online for more than 5 minutes then it kicks me and it only does this for gta5

12. Cnapple   October 15, 2013 at 2:40 pm

If i start my GTA Online it wil load for like 5 min. After that it sais that I don’t have a disc content. I bought the game on the psn store. Any suggestions? Please help…

13. Moi   October 15, 2013 at 10:41 am

Story mode is fine but I have never been able to go online from day 1!, Rockstar really do need to get their act together and stop keep expecting understanding from the gamers who have invested in this title based on Rockstar’s solid reliability with past releases. To release a game that is clearly only half viable is atrocious arrogance on their part.

For crying out loud did they ever public beta test this?.. who were the testers a bunch of clueless chumps?… I have even reverted back to GTAIV for my fix of online gaming… I think Rockstar have been too ambitious with their online expectations and should have learnt from another game called APB which sent the company to the wall. How many people would like just the basic opportunity to go online as in Free Mode,

with such a great map players are crying out to explore it with others and all they get is a tedious character creation system and if lucky some ZZZ inducing tutorials to jump over before getting into the action, nobody I know got past the tutorials!.. just freezes… one update patch after the other.. what are they??.. they change nothing and often make it even worse… my thinking is they released the game too soon… should have waited until around Xmas time.. maybe then a best tester with half a brain might of actually spotted that er?… um…. it does not work.. oops!.. my my.. that must have been a small bug to miss pre-release.

14. Skullzapper   October 14, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Still can’t play online that was the whole point of me getting the game, I want my money back, not even wanna even play this game any more even if thy fix it cause it’s pointless by then everyone will be level 50+

15. Problemos   October 14, 2013 at 11:19 am

I haven’t been able to get online since I downloaded the new update. It just loads for 10 minutes and then tells me it timed out. C’mon Rockstar. I ended up paying almost $150 total to get this game and now it won’t work.

16. Laiba Malik   October 14, 2013 at 7:27 am

Steadily since its release, Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) corrects its bugs, including those from GTA Online, the online mode. This has been a great enthusiasm of the players, but several technical problems have disrupted the enjoyment of the game.

17. steve   October 13, 2013 at 8:32 am

My ps3 keeps freezing up after about 5 minutes in story mode. I have update 1.03 installed. Any suggestions please

18. hc.Lisko   October 13, 2013 at 4:48 am

After newest update my console freezes after 5 minutes playing in story mode. Online haven’t worked at all. “Waiting for other players..” freezing problem also.. Solutions?

• polka1205   October 13, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I had this kind of problem too, this is what i did to fix it.

Step 1: Reformat your ps3. If you dont want to reformat your ps3, clear some space in the HDD. The fact that the game always had an update/patch, it takes a lot of space in hdd and there are not enough space to read by your console (mine was formatted). That causes the freeze.

Step 2: Install GTA 5 without connecting to PSN. Just install the GTA 5 without internet connection to avoid the update prompt in the game.

Step 3: After you install GTA 5, do a stress test on the game(do 3 to 5 missions on the story mode).

Step 4: Connect to PSN and update your GTA 5 to latest patch 1.03.
      If your console is ps3, maybe you’ll encounter the problem updating the patch 1.03. If you ever encounter problem updating it simply do the following list below.

– If freezes on a black screen, do a hard reset.
      – Delete the content file in Game > Game Utility
      – After deleting the content file, do the patch update, this should work by now.

Step 5: After you update the game to the latest patch. You can now try the GTA Online.

* If this steps did not fix the problem, do more reading in the other forums. I wish you luck in this issue.

PSN – polka1205

• hc.Lisko   October 16, 2013 at 10:15 am

I’ve tried everything now. Formatting, restoring file and game data, installing, uninstalling etcetc.. Solo game was totally fine before I first time downloaded the new patch. Now I´ve been unable to play the whole game for one week. In solo game I can’t even access pause menu if I press start. It only starts loading forever.. radio doesn’t work, car tires missing, can’t use any weapons, can’t change character, freezing after 5 minutes. etc… ROCKSTAR C*MON, COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE SOMEKIND OF ANSWERS!!!

19. funkindeadly   October 13, 2013 at 4:17 am

Oct 13..still cant connect to gta online..since new patch..waste if money as the online was the main thing for me and most others by the sounds of it..

20. Help   October 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Mine keeps doing some weird glitch where it puts me in a lobby by myself, and I have my phone from the campaine. IDK what’s going on, but GTA Online is getting really frustrating.

21. Jenko   October 11, 2013 at 11:40 am

I can’t join game at all.wtf is going on.done new patch and it won’t even go to story mode.help.

22. DONEWITHROCKSTAR   October 11, 2013 at 6:53 am

REALLY YOU UPDATE REPLAYING MISSIONS? THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT ARE BRINGING THE BIG HEISTS INTO GAMEPLAY CONSIDERING THAT IS WHAT YOU PREVIEWED FOR ONLINE. I AM REALLY THINKING ABOUT GETTING RID OF THIS GAME AND JUST PLAYING SAINTS ROW. ROCKSTAR GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER.

23. Jimmy   October 11, 2013 at 5:30 am

I Cant get online at all ? Som one who Can help mee ?

24. steve   October 11, 2013 at 4:18 am

This update actually sucks. I understand people over-did the replay option but now making money is awful. If you die once during a mission buying ammo, armor, and dying pretty much means you lose money unless you first-try it. There should be a better option for making money. Even if its difficult.

25. Shannon Latimer   October 11, 2013 at 12:47 am

One doing missions gets you money. You can get 20k if u complete any 10 levels of a survival, and there is a mission from ron called base invaders that gives you 25k. Also try to do races. I had a 300k safehouse plus some cars before i was rank 20. Also since the patch ive had a problem with being kicked from a session by other players when im the only player in the session.

26. Tre   October 11, 2013 at 12:28 am

After you fix it i would suggest some ideas to add onto online experience [Add crew tattoo option for neck/chest/arms/legs/back,graffiti option buying spray paint from store,]

27. Eric Stacey   October 10, 2013 at 11:42 pm

No problems since update 1.03 except for traffic disappearing at times – all I do is find new session this seems to fix that issue . Oh and when I get a wanted level be it 2 or 3 stars cops are spawning on the roads in front of me while im doing high speed getaways ? The cops AI is really annoying . . . unrealistic at times – sometimes I just walk past the wrong place and the cops start opening shooting me in the face ? Overall though thanks once again R* I am finally enjoying this experience again – p.s . My high level character still gone without a trace –

28. shevone   October 10, 2013 at 9:00 pm

why not add a fight club to earn money

29. Jeff   October 10, 2013 at 6:54 pm

My only issue is that you can only rob liquor stores right now. Bring on the big heists or allow robbing of all stores. Even if it’s almost impossible it will at least b fun trying.

• Daniel   October 10, 2013 at 8:48 pm

You can do a big heist if you get a high end apartment worth at least 200k. You have to have a planning room for the heist 😉

• Brandon   October 10, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Is this legit? I was seriously wondering about this, also how do you go about buying property? is it through your phone? cause I haven’t seen any of those real estate signs around like you do in campaign

30. fukitall   October 10, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Same as Chewy. Failure to connect, long loading times which eventually end in timing out. Or on the off chance that I do get into a game I get “kicked by other players in the session” and stuck on the return to GTA singleplayer. Press A as many times as possible but no dice, have to dashboard. Week and a half after launch and some of us still can’t get online. Address these issues FIRST please, we want to play too.

31. paperjr   October 10, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I still get failed to join job or activity.that always happen when i try to actually do the 1st race mission… I also would like to play online

32. Bradley Hess   October 10, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Heists, anyone know about that?

33. Eric David Tippett   October 10, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Let us rob all of the stores and not just the liquor stores, come on Rockstar design team get it together. Learn from what Saints Row actually did right.

34. KERRITIJN   October 10, 2013 at 9:51 am

ARE YALL GONE UPDATE THE HAIR ON GTA 5 ONLINE BECAUSE ITS BOOBOO THE BLACK NEED TO BE DARKER NEW LOW HAIR CUTS AND WE NEED TO NO HOW TO GET MONEY COUSE ROBING STORES NOT WORKING

• DERP   October 10, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Only if you learn English

35. Chewy   October 10, 2013 at 9:28 am

Still having issues such as Failed to connect and stuck on Returning to GTA Singleplayer when pressing A