GTA V Online Title Update 1.04 Patch Fixes Ongoing Issues (UPDATE)

Stimulus to be released early next week

GTA V, grand theft auto online, GTA online, technology, online patch

UPDATE: Rockstar received notifications from gamers beginning 10/18/2013 around 5p.m. concerning loss of information, items and cash. This was Rockstar’s response:

GTA V Online Title Update 1.04 Patch Fixes Ongoing Issues (UPDATE)

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: Rockstar has released another title patch update. This one is a significant patch, without downloading it – players will not be able to receive their $500,000 stimulus package. The ongoing issues have been numerous, Guardian Express and the extensive list of writers have been keeping players updated. The additional articles relaying to additional previous patches are at the end of this article. The newest patch developed is supposed to cure the aches and pains for Xbox 360 users which was not addressed in a previous patch.

What the 1.04 Patch Update Covers

Rockstar has released an update within the past several hours, addressing the first deposit of the two to be deposited into player’s accounts:

Rockstar's latest update on the stimulus
Rockstar’s latest update on the stimulus
  • Vehicle losses and mods created on vehicles will not be lost any longer with the newest title update.
  • Players will no longer have to go into their garage and wonder what happened to their car with an incorrect car discovered in its place.
  • Sorry gamers, Rockstar has patched a glitch – the same car can no longer be sold multiple times online for cash.  A one time deal only, so make it count.
    No more black screens! The patch 1.04 has rectified this.
    No more black screens! The patch 1.04 has rectified this.
  • A glitch has been corrected that prevents personal vehicles to be duplicated, a glitch many enjoyed, but now has ended. Many gamers are pretty happy to see the field balanced from the glitches.
  • No more concerns about the lights going off! Players can pay their utility bills on their apartments or homes.
  • Crew in game invites are back! No longer feel like the red-headed step-child while online. A crew can now issue an invite to any gamer while online.
  • If a gamer is visiting the tutorial race, many issued complaints about the starting point. This morning that has been rectified and the starting point is back.
  • Playlists will no longer get stuck, freeze or shut down the game. The title patch update has fixed this annoying issue.
  • No more black screens! Chant that one more time! No more black screens. Rockstar’s patch update will now sling this ongoing issue onto the backburner. The patch also fixes long…long…. load times and players will no longer get stuck in the sky cam, feeling a bit silly.
  • The random option for character creation has been updated to provide a more attractive array of  default characters, instead of smudgy looking choices.
  • If players are gaming in Free mode, they will no longer experience a heavy hit upon death. Rockstar’s newest patch will allow no more than 500 GTA$ to be lost during death.

Updates and More Updates

Rockstar is continually rolling out additional notices throughout the day, as they handle any reports of any outstanding issues. Gamers are suggested to visit the Rockstar site and provide information to the support team. Please keep in mind, previous players, progress and items maintained during the first few days of release and lost, will not be retrieved from this patch. Rockstar has listed this loss as permanent, hence the financial stimulus. The online title update patch must be downloaded to receive the stimulus, as early as next week.

As of this early afternoon Rockstar has confirmed all systems are up and going for Xbox 360, PS3 and the Social Club Services. PS3 players may experience issues with the leaderboard, as the stats may be delayed for review. Rockstar is currently looking into this to assist gamers to catch up on the newest crews in charge of the online world.

Xbox 360 Up, PS3 Up and the Social Club is Up!
Xbox 360 Up, PS3 Up and the Social Club is Up!

Wrap-Up

GTA V online is back! The title patch update 1.04 will fix the issues that have remained a significant problem with players. Rockstar has created a status page (linked at the end of the article) that gamers can now subscribe to. This will allow gamers to be kept up to date on any changes or reoccurring issues that may be affecting gamers or the game. The title patch downloaded is a must for all gamers who want to receive the 500,000 GTA$ stimulus. Are you excited to download the most updated patch and finally enjoy the GTA V online game-play?

Angelina Bouc

Related Articles by Writers of Guardian Express:
GTA V Online Issues Addressed in New Title Patch
GTA V Online Update Character and Progress Loss Permanent
GTA V Online Gamers Excited at the Prospect of a $500,000 Stimulus Package
GTA V Online Multiplayer Tips and Tricks: Money, 100% Ranking, Free Weapons and Tank Heists

Sources
Rockstar Updates Page – gamers can subscribe here for updates
PC Mag
Polygon

59 Responses to "GTA V Online Title Update 1.04 Patch Fixes Ongoing Issues (UPDATE)"

1. Richar   December 10, 2013 at 2:41 am

Game freezes up much more now dec. Than ever before. Why are you making it worse and worse. I WOULD SELL THE CRAP if there was anyone out there stupid enough to buy it.

2. Web Tasarımı   November 14, 2013 at 1:30 am

Agreed im giving up. I guess ill wait for call of duty ghost

• Ihlbit   November 20, 2013 at 1:11 am

On Xbox its fine. I didnt get 2 deposits, i got 1 big lump sum. You might have missed the cut off date for it. Honestly though, its not that great of a thing. It was gone in 10 minutes. But I made more than that in a day or so of playing races n other missions. Just play and before you know it you’ll be rich.

3. BOWLKILLER   November 1, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Mines the same I can’t even get on now. I just stay stuck on the loading story screen. Just wondering when and if at all when I will get to play the game I paid for.

• Daexiao   November 5, 2013 at 9:00 am

Mine to , I cant get it to download the update … I cant even play online now on gta5 ..–_- …

• Bob   November 15, 2013 at 6:23 am

Same happening to me can’t even play the game at all! Why are updates taking so long to be released with so much people unable to play! Really hate that loading screen now……

4. Kelvin   October 31, 2013 at 6:38 pm

When I play online why is the system saying I’m being kicked out by other players for no reason.

5. scott   October 30, 2013 at 1:12 pm

When will cash cards be fixed

6. scott   October 30, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Would like to nonwhen vash cards will be fix woyld luke to use the.

7. jose   October 26, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Every since i download patch it always sems to mess up in this pattern , 1st the music out then a huge part of my radar map blurs out and then i freezes no matter what im doing. patch is problem

8. Sniip3Style   October 24, 2013 at 7:02 am

Ever since i downloaded the new update 1.04, it says that it fixes vehicle and money loss but thats really all that’s been happening to me. Since the newest update i have lost a total of around 800,000$ in cars and money. But this would never happen before i did the update… Everything the new update is said to fix is a lie and is doing nothing bu causing more problems. Then finally im wondering if ill be able to use the 250,000$ stimulus package or am i gunna lose that money like everything else also?
    PS: Rockstar should have been better prepared…..

9. Damon   October 23, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I can only play online if I have a friend already playing if I try to without a friend it loads my guy and the world with no missions or ppl no money and level 1 if I try to go through the menu and join online session it freezes but even when I can play online it tells me I have been kicked by other players at the most random times wtf is the deal here.

10. Ignacio   October 22, 2013 at 3:37 pm

one of my characters is inaccesable, the beginners stats are show and also my rank but if i select it, it goes to character creation, doesn’t show iether the name or the car, so i created the second character and it works (with problems but it works), i can wait but i want to know if i gonna have it back or i shoul start grining all over again

11. Aaron   October 22, 2013 at 12:38 pm

500k is no good to me when my PlayStation will barley work now and even if it does it takes ages to load because of the new update and even if i take an hour to get on to the game, it also takes ages to load and when i do get on it freezes every 10 minutes

12. jepa   October 22, 2013 at 8:08 am

i was playing it yesterday,but today it says “the rockstar cloud server are unavailable right now”. and my friends still can play it,can someone help?

13. Timmy da   October 22, 2013 at 2:16 am

I’m having a problem trying to join other players online… I can go online but when ever I try to find a game or join friends it always says “unable to find game session” or “unable to find compatible game session” getting really pissed off now….. Can anyone help me??? I need to play gta

• mirg57   December 26, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I got a problem.
      When i start the game it doesn’t show up “X for Online” it just load to story mode.
      and when im in story mode and go to Game Menu and to Online
      then this happens =

This area will be unlocked as soon gta online has lauched.

Help me please …

14. Jayk   October 22, 2013 at 12:14 am

Your progress and money won’t save until a new patch update to correct everything rockstar cannot get right. They’re probably 5 updates from close-to perfection online gameplay.

15. the beast   October 21, 2013 at 3:11 pm

bahaha, it never saves so i don’t even play anymore

16. Tubehauge   October 21, 2013 at 2:20 pm

And Therese i just lost 300k and 15 lvls Nice update rockstar 🙂

17. alsemz   October 21, 2013 at 11:21 am

no problems at all untill this patch, now all it does is freeze my ps3, if it poochs my ps3 out, rockstar better be prepared for legal action, cause i theres alot of pissed off people out there.

18. John   October 21, 2013 at 11:17 am

Nice list of everything rockstar have fixed with 1.04, I’d like a list of everything they’ve broken with 1.04!

• Angelina Bouc   October 21, 2013 at 11:19 am

As a gamer with you all, I agree John! My money went to nada after restarting the game. Will have to check out the latest updates from Rockstar.

19. Adam   October 21, 2013 at 3:55 am

This is just pathetic I dont play much but when I do I dont wont my money and progress not saved. I dont have the paitence to sit there and redo all I have lost. Might do it one more time but if it fails again ill stop playing for good.

20. Savage   October 21, 2013 at 1:33 am

now with this new update my progress is no longer saved. So f-ing annoying

21. derek   October 20, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Any of the last patches that have come out only freeze my game I haven’t even tryed the online party of the game this is such crap

22. lukas   October 20, 2013 at 12:14 pm

since i got an patch 2 days ago i cant play … i was lvl 16 and lost everything and today played again to lvl 10 and also lost everything … i know that some people lost much bigger lvls and cash but still …now i just dont whant to play that game again ..

23. Alex   October 20, 2013 at 9:18 am

Farming all mornnig, got 108k, auto-save confirmed, save confirmed on quitting… Come back 20 mins later, 22k on bank account, 0 in pockets… wth ?

24. Zingo cooper   October 20, 2013 at 6:35 am

I played with my friends, and i started our in lvl 39 that day and lvled up to 55. Later I turne off the ps3, and turned it back on, and then everything was. The ting i’m wondering about is. Will You Get back all the money all lvls that You earned?

25. Bane   October 20, 2013 at 5:58 am

i really wish i didnt buy this game

26. Sexyboy   October 19, 2013 at 4:57 pm

My game freezes at loading screen when loading story mode or online… It happens i guess because of version 1.04… Is it happening to someone else or just me??….(the moving characters on loading screen freezes but the loading logo type circle is moving and the info tips on left are changing….

• Rick   October 20, 2013 at 4:33 am

i have exactly the same problem as you.. i never had freezes/infinite loading times, but after the patch 1.04 i started to have it, and since 2 days ago i cant play… Ironically they said this patch solved infinite load times, freezes, but wtf?? they just put me having it…

• lukas   October 20, 2013 at 12:17 pm

i have exactly the same … cant play since i got those updates 2 days ago
        and now i lost everything

• Aaron   October 22, 2013 at 12:33 pm

me 2

27. Kevin   October 19, 2013 at 3:30 pm

just played “extradition” and earned $20,000 , played it 5 min later and it only payed $10,000 why are all the jobs paying so little? its boring to play the same jobs over and over again. how do you expect players to enjoy the game? Rockstar you are really bolwing it here…so many missed opportunities…

28. Bryan   October 19, 2013 at 1:05 pm

After a mission my game won’t save just say unable to connect to rockstar and when I try to go on friends in the menu it won’t load up

29. eduardo   October 19, 2013 at 12:57 pm

hello guys, excuse my English, because I’m using the google translator, the same happened to me after the patch Nooo 1:04 m can save more progress online. Was at level 43 and went back to playing qdo today was at level 39. The accessories of the car remain. Had 100 000 it had just bought an apartment, and today appeared 353,000. Not game more online mode because I know that my progress is not saved. Sorry about that.
    Brazil . 19-10-2013

• John   October 19, 2013 at 8:20 pm

This is also happening to me i had 30000 and i lost 10000 beacuse it did not save please fix this ior i will stop buying your products

30. Ali Amirkhani   October 19, 2013 at 11:24 am

wtf i cant do a mission. i automatically fail and when i try to go on free roam.. it just keeps loading and eventually the load sign disappears. after that a package drop notification come so technically the game is running but its stuck zoomed out.

31. Ozonlaag   October 19, 2013 at 9:30 am

You are just messing around fcking R* . I could do anything on update 1.03, byt after update 1.04 I couldnt do anything anymore. F*ck U!!!

32. Jo   October 19, 2013 at 7:00 am

This patch messed up the fundamentals of the game… 1. Data is not saving(Cloud) 2. Cant join crew members 3. Jobs paying half as much now 4. Been logged off of PSN for hours 5. It takes so long to load another session (so long, i have to restart my PS3)…. People wanna have fun, buy cool cars & houses but Rockstar is making it too difficult to do so… Make another patch & pay more to players with higher ranks, theres no way why im at level 60 & getting paid $10,000 for one of Lester’s jobs??? WTF Rockstar? soh(Shaking Our Heads)

33. Danny   October 19, 2013 at 1:28 am

Losing progress with money and ranks it always put me back at rank 75 when I reached 80 and up or anything over.

34. Raistlin   October 19, 2013 at 12:15 am

Spent the whole day working towards the lime green paint color……. Found and completed 12 of them and landed them no problem, then all of a sudden i lost connect to entire xbox live……. So i do it again……. Same thing happen…….. So third time i only did 5 jumps then quit to the offline mode like your supposed to, the game confirmed it was saving……. Went back online, and none of the jumps where saved……. tested the issue a little more……. Did some races, got to lvl 55 from 54and made like 20,000……. Went offline then back online…… And i don’t have the money and im back to 54……… oh and the only targeting, mode that is allowed online now in all modes including freemode is Free-Aim………. It can not be changed in your settings menu……..

35. kyle   October 18, 2013 at 9:18 pm

ROCKSTAR THIS PATCH ONLY MESSED UP EVEN MORE.

• Angelina Bouc   October 18, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Hi all who may read this I am updating to show that Rockstar has addressed this and is working on it now!

36. Danny   October 18, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Went from level 57 to 69 saved shut my console down, came back on in 2 hours and im a level 64. Wasnt to worried about that. Then got to level 74 from 64 saved got back on level 69. Im done with this game thought it could finally be a game I prefer over COD guess not. The amound of problems is ridiculous

37. Jake   October 18, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Well I guess I am giving up on this game. Worked for three days to rank up my daughters character who is on the same console as my character. She was at level 5 and I ranked her up to level 14. Saved the game and when it reloaded she was back to level 5. This happened after I downloaded Ver 1.04. Now that ver 1.04 is on my PS3 I can no longer save any progress in rank. All Ver 1.4 did is cause us more grief, thanks Rockstar.

• mark r   October 19, 2013 at 9:54 am

Agreed im giving up. I guess ill wait for call of duty ghost

38. Jake   October 18, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I lost over 600,000 wtf

39. Ron dieringer   October 18, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I too lost all cash won or earned I also bought automatic shotgun and along with the cash not being saved so is the weapons and ammo I ranked up from 41 to 45 and that didn’t save either very disappointed again

• Angelina Bouc   October 18, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Hey Ron, it does appear much of the levels, items and everything saved prior to the patches from a week ago were wiped. Ours was too, we are starting over :/

40. tommy   October 18, 2013 at 6:07 pm

the jobs pay half as much as before they cut them all in half. im starting to hate rockstar

41. vixin   October 18, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Ah cash cards anyone? Fix this please. R*.

• Angelina Bouc   October 18, 2013 at 6:35 pm

We issued a request to Rockstar regarding the cash cards, but it seems they may be handling it.

42. vinh   October 18, 2013 at 5:49 pm

when is heist coming out?

43. Jack   October 18, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Ever since this update came out my cash hasn’t been saving when I look at the transaction log through my phone in the game every deposit and withdraw I have made is their but when I leave the game through exiting to the story mode and come back to online all the cash I’ve just made is missing. Why is this, I have already lost 30k from doing this. Everything else seems to save though. For example, I re-sprayed my car and it saved but the money it cost to do it came back I guess since it was taken out of the 30k I made and all that money seems to be missing. Is this just a glitch and takes time for your cash to show up or what. Please fix this Rockstar.

44. calvin   October 18, 2013 at 4:37 pm

What about the cash cards I didn’t see anything about that if they mentioned it at all

• scott   October 30, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Ya I to woul like to no about this

45. William   October 18, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I have to redo all my races had over 20 wins and when this 1.04 update came out i lost all my wins and car upgrades. come on rockstar fix this please 10/18/2013