Awaiting the newest Galaxy S release? Rumors suggest Samsung will make the big announcement in early January and will release the newest phone in February. In addition to the rumored release date of the Galaxy S5, specs are already being leaked in anticipation of the newest smartphone release from Samsung. Samsung has experienced strong success with its Note brands and the Galaxy S selections. It is only expected that the Galaxy S5 will receive the same excitement, especially with speculation of the amazing specs that are being leaked.
Processing Power, Scanning, Enhanced Camera and Waterproof?
The rumor mill is buzzing with some more interesting aspects of the specs listed for the Galaxy S5. Some of those specs are rumored to include:
Android’s KitKat Operating System will make an appearance on the Galaxy S5.
- Two variances of the S5 may make its way onto the market. One model will sport the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and the other may come equipped with the Exynos 6 octa core 64-bit chip processor.
- 3GB of RAM is not new to the Galaxy line-up, the Galaxy Note 3 featured this amazing capability. It will carryover to the S5 and, rumors suggest, the RAM will be super slim to make room for more battery power.
- One of the downsides of the Galaxy line has been the plastic casing; for years consumers have grumbled about it and now it seems Samsung will be rectifying it. The S5 will possibly sport a metal or aluminium component casing.
- Mentioned through the advanced world of technology, flexible screens are still up for debate. Leaks suggest the S5 may sport the Super AMOLED display, but there has been an underlying rumor that IGZO may also be up for grabs. If IGZO is selected, it can be speculated that flexibility may be on the S5.
- There is speculation the S5 may join the newest arena of fingerprint scanner phones. Quality and compatibility issues dismissed this feature for the Note 3. It seems Samsung is looking to sharpen the technology and implement in time for the release of the S5.
- A report from ET News out of Korea is suggesting the Galaxy S5 will be water resistant. The Galaxy S4 Active received surprising sales with its water resistant capability and it’s rumored the Galaxy S5 may have this benefit, in addition to being dust-proof.
- The camera is definitely one of Galaxy’s better features and it seems the leading Android manufacturer is pumping up the specs for it. Rumors suggest the camera may be increased to 16-megapixels, Optical Image Stabilization and a very cool ISOCELL CMOS image sensor feature.
- Battery life will be doubled with the 4,000mAh battery pack.
- Currently, rumors suggest a 3D display will be on the S5, but no leaks have suggested the screen size to be revealed.
The specs on the Galaxy S5 is looking very promising. An ultra-slim build, boosted battery power, an amazing processor, and increased camera features would not disappoint consumers. Samsung has developed a niche path for consumer dedication and rarely have customers expressed outrage over the resulted specs from the phone. From the Galaxy Mega, Galaxy S III, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 Active, the Samsung brand remains a dominant force in the playing field of smartphones.
Rumors on the release date were originally hinting around Spring, but it seems Samsung may be looking to move that forward. Once the device is announced, it will be an interesting matching of titans against the iPhone 5S. Compared to the Nokia Lumia 1020, iPhone 5S and Sony Xperia releases, who you see as the contender in the soon to be reviewed match-up?