GTA V Online Multiplayer Bad Sport Poll Result (Update)

GTA V Online Multiplayer Bad Sport Poll Result (Update)

Three weeks ago we held a poll to see what players thought of the GTA V Online Multiplayer Bad Sport penalty and the lobby for those who earn the duncecap. Well over 6,000 gamers voted on the poll and quite a large number left comments on the poll letting us, and other gamers, know what they thought of Rockstar Games introducing this feature to the online gameplay.

The Bad Sport issue has upset a number of players. Not, apparently, because it exists, but, because of the arbitrary nature of the penalty. The poll results show this in the amount of votes spread over just four choices. The choices, and the amount of readers who voted for them is as follows:

Choice one was a “flat-out” answer that said players liked the Bad Sport Lobby and the reasons for creating the penalty. Only 8 percent of players admitted to liking this feature, or 504 gamers who voted for number one.

The second choice was another “flat out” answer of those who just hate the new ruling. A staggering 52 percent of gamers stated that they really do not like this penalty. That equates to 3,358 players who voted for number two.

Number three was all about gamers liking the idea of the Bad Sport penalty and the lobby, but, they really think that it needs to be tweaked…a lot. Amazingly only 36 percent of you liked the new penalty, but want it changed. That worked out to 2,313 votes.

The last choice was just “other.” This could be referred to as the “on the fence” choice; players who don’t care one way or another. Only 3 percent of you just were not bothered by the new Bad Sport Lobby, or, 211 votes to be exact.

Reading the comments, there seems to be a clear split between GTA V Online Multiplayers who either hate or like the premise of the Bad Sport Lobby. The comments actually show what a percentage of gamers thought over and above the answers they chose in the poll.

There was a grand total of 56 comments on this aspect of the online gaming mode of GTA V. Of course, being comments left by gamers for other gamers, some of them were very short and to the point. One even contained a single word, “Douche.” Which pretty much summed up that particular commenters feelings about players who were complaining about the lobby.

The general sticking point seems to be that in a game verse where it is all about crime, being a “gangsta;” wholesale killing, robbing; blowing things up and generally doing all the things that one would never dare to do in real life; why on earth did Rockstar put this “disabling” feature in.

There were a few comments about glitching players and gamers who have done “mods” to maximise their firepower and LVL-ups, but, that occurs with most competitive games like this. Just ask anyone who plays CoD. One commenter spoke up and said that he and his wife played private co-op games and were amazed to hear about the Bad Sport Lobby and duncecap. That particular commenter recommended that friends who want to play together should use the private sessions instead of the online multiplayer arena.

The general consensus seems to be, among the commenters at any rate, that the Bad Sport Lobby would be more acceptable if there were some sort of logic to it. As it seems to stand now, a player can get the duncecap and banishment to the “bad boy” lobby; where all the players can blow each other up to their hearts content, by repeatedly blowing up other player’s personal vehicles.

This is fine if that is how you got sent to the lobby, but, apparently a lot of players get sent off after accidentally blowing up a personal vehicle (which has other players accusing these gamers of being a bit frugal with the truth) or by having other players drive into their tank.

The tank argument also results in other player’s derision, as apparently these are usually gotten as a result of mods or glitches. Regardless of how the players wind up in the Bad Sport Lobby, it does look like Rockstar need to clean up their rules for the penalty. The overall feeling from the comments are that not quite as many players despise the new penalty, they just want a better system set up to separate the real “Bad Sports” from the accidental ones.

The poll results of the GTA V Online Multiplayer Bad Sport issue is just as mixed as player’s feelings about what they see as an intrusion by Rockstar Games in this world of high octane crime. On another note, at least one commenter stated that the combination of Bad Sport and microtransactions have ruined the game and that GTA just isn’t what it used to be. What do you think? Are microtransactions the bane of your existence, or, is the Bad Sport Lobby your only bone of contention?

By Michael Smith
United Kingdom

Las Vegas Guardian Express

METRO

21 Responses to "GTA V Online Multiplayer Bad Sport Poll Result (Update)"

1. Guy   April 8, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Even stupid and Pro players report us even we do nothing they have tanks saying bad words and that report us we did nothing! We should report those guys for us to have peace in gta 5

2. Guy   April 8, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I think we should refund our gta 5 and get a bad sport for exploding cars! You know what gta 5 is killing people stealing cars and exploding them right? Lets get our Refund Beacause if a stopid BS Timer!

3. Scouse Wayne   April 3, 2014 at 10:55 am

I have been placed in the bad sport lobby first was for 2 days but I was out within an hour, after I played in the bad sport lobby with other bad sport players “30 to 50mins”I noticed I could remove my dunce cap and join my friends again in a clean sport lobby. However I am a jet and buzzard pilot and I like to blow up people who are killing friends or crew regardless if in there own veachel or not. So I kept getting bad sport warnings even though I was still a bad sport so my time in bad sport was doubled to 4 days. I play the game quite regular and brake out of bad sport after a short time but every time I go back to Bs lobby “BS lobby lol” my time has doubled, so today I have managed to gain a 6 years in bad sport. Next time I brake out and get bad sport again it will be 12 years. This is a ridiculous system that punishes me for the way I play. I like bad sport because I can kill people who are interested in a fight “most of the time” however I miss my friends and crew. So I play hard I should be punished? or should it be like previous gta and have a friendly lobby and a not so friendly lobby. Rockstar do not want people who play like me to be mixed with other player types they want to put us all in one lobby isn’t that a former of racism “Gamisisim or Gamist” or something. Because we are different we can’t play with anyone else who is different from us and we must wear a duncecap that when seen reminds you of a klan that was extremely judgmental towards people who looked different to them. So my form of playing is discriminated against instead of rewarded. I like how I play I will continue to brake out of bad sport and cause havok in lobbies with crew and friends. No mods no cheats, I just use what’s in the game. Scouse_Wayne PS3

4. James C   February 4, 2014 at 10:30 pm

How about this: you only get bad sport for blowing up an unoccupied personal vehicle

5. Jcandoit   December 12, 2013 at 7:28 am

I think if you blow someone’s car up and don’t have the money to pay the deduct able for then you should go to bad sports lobby. Or even better yet like someone else mentioned, use the prison for bad sports so friends have to break you out.

6. Mikes5178   December 5, 2013 at 4:58 pm

ok

7. bobby is a builder   November 21, 2013 at 8:04 pm

#gtavprisonlobby spread the word

8. bobby is a builder   November 21, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I dont get if we pay the insurance why do we get punished,also a couple days ago i got kicked and it said im being a bad sport for leaving the game i dont understand its a good idea but should be used for something else in my opinion they should use the prison either other players could bail or break us out or we do the time and we can only fight or shank other players

9. Mick   November 21, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I like it but i think the penalty should be decreased, and increased only if they keep on doing it. If you are removing the bad sport system then also remove the premium we have to pay. If a person gets in a tank and starts blowing up, then there has to be a way to stop him. And thats whats the bad sport system is about.

10. GimmeTheLoot   November 21, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I got placed into the bad sport lobby and I dont even know why. I’ve blown up a handful of personal vehicles out of retaliation for destroying mines, which happened about a month ago. When I log in, my main objectives are completing missions and competing in races. I played in the bad sport lobby for 2 days already (missions/races) with 21 hours left on the clock. The last time I logged in, 1 day and 22 hours was added to the clock. WTF Rockstar!!!!

11. J   November 21, 2013 at 2:39 pm

If you can buy a Adder then you should be able to pay the fee for losing it. Bad Sport does ruin the fun because its GTA, blowing cars, planes, choppers and such are normal in this game. Half the time I’m hesitant to blow someone up because of that. I don’t feel its right to punish me for blowing them up when they start shooting me first. It’s my opinion for it to be completely removed.

• john   December 9, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I’m with you

12. Brandon Gerdes   November 21, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I think it’s hilarious that people who repeatedly grief others eventually end up only being able to play with people like themselves. You made your bed, now lie in it.

• A1zeldaman   November 27, 2013 at 6:16 am

I think it’s hilarious people are whining about getting killed in GTA. You paid 60$ for a game all about being a “bad sport”, so go die in it.

13. Shaft   November 21, 2013 at 8:37 am

Grand theft auto is all about being a “bad sport”. Always has been and SHOULD always be. How can someone expect to not get their car stolen(grand theft auto) or killed repeatedly. This penalty is riCOCKulous. I am shocked that this exists in gta.

14. John   November 21, 2013 at 8:35 am

I was driving my friends personal vehicle with his premission we were gettig chased I tried to hit the car that was chasing us with a sticky bomb and accidently blew up my friends car. I understand making me pay the deductable but giving me a bad sport warning was not needed. That was the first personal vehicle I had blown up of anyones period and I’ve been in since the first day so they need to fix it for sure. My buddy even knew it was an accident and was like why the hell did I get a bad sport warning.

15. Dindinpoppa   November 21, 2013 at 8:05 am

This whole bad sport lobby thing is just flat out dumb. What does anyone expect in a game like this? If you play free roam GTA online and are fed up about being killed or having your car blown up it’s time to find another game. This game is made for people to be nasty in. Not to mention you don’t pay a cent towards your car being returned.

I have no more hope in GTA online as they have yet to release heists, something 90% of the people who bought this game were looking forward to. This game is already dead. The PS4 is out, and the XBone comes out tomorrow, GTA online is toast because Rockstar was too ambitious.

• Shaft   November 21, 2013 at 8:39 am

Exactly.

16. Tom Hainks   November 21, 2013 at 6:44 am

I hate to say it but the longer Bad Sport becomes an issue, the less people will actually play Gta Online altogether. Instead of Bad Sport BEING A PLACE FOR for people who blow up personal vehicles, it should be strictly for modders who have a J tagged Xbox or Ps3 and thats it. The one complaint I had about Gta lV multiplayer wasn’t being exploded repeatedly by sticky bombs, but more so having modders ruin the multipayer beyond repair. In Gta Online Rockstar should be focusing on bringing in the heists as quick as possible and abandon Bad Sport.

17. Wrukstar   November 21, 2013 at 4:27 am

I find there are many antagonists just ready to mash your personal car to within an inch of its life , Shoot you until your almost dead and wait for you to kill them in rage . Leaving you punished and them laughing .
    You will always find a unsporting moron in good or bad lobbies so it makes literally no difference to my games .

18. stephen lee   November 20, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Its a bit stupid really? I think it would b best if bad sport got removed..