Apple Inc iPad 6 Pro Release Rumors 12.9 Inch Screen

technology, apple inc, apple, ipad 6 ipad pro, ipad, ipad

As a self-declared tablet fiend, this writer loves her tabbies! From the iPad mini, Lenovo Tab, ASUS MeMO and Google Nexus 7 – each of these tablets have a special place within a fiend’s heart and home. Therefore, when the rumor mill started buzzing about the iPad 6 a.k.a iPad Pro, ears twitched and the search and calls were on. Reportedly, the future of Apple’s iPad may be changing. Rumors suggests bigger may be better as Apple is considering a 12.9-inch screen for the next iPad generation.

The Evolution of the iPad

Remember in 2010 when the legendary Steve Jobs held that beautiful, brand new iPad in his hand? Touting a mega 9.7-inch screen and weighing under two

Original iPad
Original iPad

pounds, the future was branded. The original iPad had 256MB of RAM and sported a 800MHz ARM Cortex CPU. This is the fundamental acknowledgement of how advanced technology has become. Since its inception, more than three years ago, Apple has unveiled a new iPad annually, sometimes twice with the branding of the iPad mini in 2012.

The iPad 2, iPad 3, the original iPad mini, the iPad 4 to the newest two releases: the iPad mini Retina display and the iPad Air. The recent release of the iPad mini Retina and Air have digitally and technologically altered the demands consumers want. Lighter is amazing, speed rocks and storage is essential. Apple is a company who heralded the need and continues to drive the desire. Could their next step move into the bigger screen realm? Rumors suggest the iPad 6 Pro will be a testament of new beginnings for the iTunes creator.

Big is in?

Considering Samsung made jaws drop when they released the Galaxy Mega, a juggernaut of screen sizes, big is seemingly, in.  The smartphone sports a 6.3-inch screen and is definitely not intended for those who have petite hands or slippery fingers. This introduction of huge screens has elicited a response from manufacturers, except for Apple. Sure, while the titan of Mac has boosted the iPhone 5, 5C and 5S to an impressive 4-inches (predecessors marked at 3.5-inches), it falls short to other competitors. Nokia Lumia is jumping on the bandwagon as is LG and Sony. It is only natural to consider that many consumers also want larger tablets.

HANNSpad 13-inch
HANNSpad 13-inch

Recently, a 13-inch HANNSpad Android tablet was released. The mega screen of its viewing capability sported an otherwise average storage capacity of 16GB with 1GB of RAM. There is another 13.3-inch option sold by Panasonic, which is also intended for rugged use. Running on the Windows OS, it is an older device but remains popular on buying sites like Amazon. It always sports amazing 4 out of 5 or  five stars for usability. There is something to this big is in mantra.

If Apple steps into the arena by introducing a 12.9-inch screen, will that develop more interest from new consumers, or drive away dedicated customers? It could a mix of both, but the rumor mill is buzzing hot about the possibility of this new iPad, slated for a possible release in 2014.

iPad 6 Pro

Samsung is reportedly working on a 12.2-inch Galaxy tablet to woo more buyers away from the iPad. If Apple comes swinging with a larger screen, Samsung may just see their goal result in a terrible loss. Rumors suggest the iPad 6 Pro will sport a stunning resolution, 4096 x 3072 with 397 ppi and would maintain the 64-bit, A7 or possibly the rumored A8 chip. Rumors from unnamed sources familiar with the Cupertino-based company, states several prototypes are being reviewed for the upcoming year and the newest iPad generation.

Of course many dedicated fans are batting down the rumors. There is the consideration that if Apple is truly working on a 12.9-inch screen iPad, it can upset the MacBook sales. Right now speculation is running rampant as many ponder the consideration and the next big move from Apple. Samsung’s larger screen tablet is rumored to hit markets in the first quarter of 2014. If those rumors come to fruition, there could be further consideration of Apple Inc.’s big move. If the iPad 6 Pro is introduced with a 12.9-inch screen, it could dominate an otherwise, saturated tablet field. Interested in this prospect? Share in the comments.

Angelina Bouc
Op-Ed

Sources
PC Mag
PR Pick
Hindustan Times

20 Responses to "Apple Inc iPad 6 Pro Release Rumors 12.9 Inch Screen"

1. Jim O'Dell   December 24, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Don’t forget that the iPAD is still a closed system while MacBooks are mainly open.
    I would never give up the openness of the MacBook for an iPAD – just too many things
    I couldn’t do with it. My MacBook is like the swiss army knife of laptops – I can run Linux programs, boot windows, and have access to the enormous amount of open source
    software out there. Sadly, the iPAD/iPhone platform permits none of that.

2. Dr. Mark   December 22, 2013 at 8:39 am

Anticipating a mac 12 inch ipad “tablet/computer” that one could use for real work, I intend to give my 17 inch macbook pro to my wife, already gave my ipad air to our daughter, and have ordered the new mac pro for my photo work. That way I expect to have the best of both worlds. Anyway, who really needs needs to buy food, and save money for a car, when it can be spent on “state of the art” mac stuff.

3. DougH2   December 21, 2013 at 9:02 am

I’d love to see a bigger screen. Our app could use the screen real estate. It’s especially useful when replacing business PC apps with iPad.

• Angelina Bouc   December 21, 2013 at 9:29 am

Everyone has great ideas and I really hope Apple listen. Realtors would gain great insight with their clients with a larger screen, thanks for the comment!

4. Ray's ray   December 21, 2013 at 8:53 am

I got my iPad 4 couple of month ago I like it it very useful. I visited Apple store in our area I also like new one – iPad -Air. I have a feeling next fall Apple will release larger screen (between 4.5 and 5-inch).
    It is a good article.

• Angelina Bouc   December 21, 2013 at 8:59 am

Thank you Ray! I believe the new iPhone 6 will also sport a larger screen, hopefully 6 for 6? lol

5. Jesse   December 21, 2013 at 8:49 am

If apple makes a larger iP, it would likely be quite expensive @ $ 699 for starter version. This would put it out of range for most consumers.

• Angelina Bouc   December 21, 2013 at 9:00 am

True, I can’t imagine it’ll be very affordable, but with all the payment plans carriers have now – some may be willing to roll the dice. Plus, imagine the possibilities of Aperture on a larger screen, that might be worth the cost.

• Common Sense   December 21, 2013 at 10:47 am

Dictation is a dying art for health IT. Discrete data fields are the future (hello Meaningful Use, etc. )

6. Samuel Cox   December 21, 2013 at 8:09 am

If they do make another iPad then I hope they will finally put in a USB drive, physicians are using them a lot now but can’t use our microphones for dictation of medical words which really slows things down, bigger would be better, provided it is still light in weight.

• Angelina Bouc   December 21, 2013 at 9:01 am

Odd you say that Samuel. I have a nurse friend who has been exactly frustrated with the same item. The correlation and flash drives and iPad? Might be interesting.

7. Richard   December 21, 2013 at 7:50 am

I’ve been begging for an artist-worthy bigger iPad-style tablet for waay-too-long. I don’t care who makes it. Take a look at WACOM’s newest to see the right direction but rather stupid clunky functionality….

• Angelina Bouc   December 21, 2013 at 8:03 am

Excellent point Richard! The Cintiq is a nice version from the WACOM line, but I so agree with you. The aspect of moving this to an iPad? Would be pretty epic.

8. Adam   December 21, 2013 at 7:44 am

iPhone 5c/s only has a 4 inch screen (up from the 3.5 inch before the 5). Samsung Galaxy S4 has the 5 in hers that are too big for one hand. The HTC One has a 4.7 inch screen. I’d be watching for an iPhone with a very similar screen size to the HTC this year.

• Adam   December 21, 2013 at 7:46 am

Looks like you fixed it in the article. Groovy. I’d also like a bigger iPad (and have heard from my good friend that works at Apple that we can expect “big” things for the iPad in the near future.

• Angelina Bouc   December 21, 2013 at 7:49 am

Yes, I went to thank a reader, but not sure what happened to my thanks! Adam, it is pretty exciting. Overall, it’s the one arena Apple hasn’t ventured into. I don’t think the MacBook line has any reason for concern. Personally, I’d be the first in line for a larger iPad. Thanks for the comments!

9. larry reibstein   December 21, 2013 at 7:34 am

But it’d be heavier too.

• Angelina Bouc   December 21, 2013 at 7:35 am

Larry, I was considering that too, and the aspect of the shape with flex and curve screens making an entrance in 2014. Thanks for the comment!

10. Cherese Jackson (@I_Mpower)   December 21, 2013 at 7:22 am