Paul Walker: Fake Facebook Page of Brother Cody Promises F&F 7 Involvement

Cody Walker Fake Facebook Page is Not Confirmation of Fast & Furious 7 Casting

While fans of Fast & Furious 7 were excited to hear Cody Walker alluding to his involvement in F&F 7  on his Facebook page, it turns out that the page  is fake and is not confirmation of Walker’s stepping in for his late brother Paul Walker. The page, which was created on Dec. 16, 2013 is not verified and contains the cryptic short message that Cody will “see you soon” in F&F.

This is the Facebook page that purports to be an “official” site for Cody Walker. Unfortunately it is just one of several “Cody Walker” Facebook pages. None of the other “Walker sites” contain this short note in the about section. Going onto the social network site, there are several pages with varying amounts of “friends” who follow each one.

Like the fake Meadow Walker Facebook page and her bogus Twitter account, none of these pages appear to be genuine. One clue that these pages are not the “real deal” is the amount of times that the reader is asked to “like” certain posts to show support. The fake Facebook page of 15 year-old Meadow also requested that her visitors to the bogus page click the like buttons to show support.

Universal Pictures has been working feverishly to adapt the existing Fast & Furious 7 script in order to save the film from being indefinitely shelved since 40 year-old Walker died in a car crash on Nov 30, 2013. Filmmakers for the latest in the franchise have also been trying to find either a replacement for Paul Walker or another actor to fill the void left by the actor’s death.

Obviously Universal and director James Wan have come to some agreement on the direction of the film as producer/co-star Vin Diesel and Universal have confirmed that the late Paul Walker’s scenes will be in the finished product. The filmmakers have also confirmed that the film’s release date was pushed back to April 2015.

Fans would love to know that Cody Walker confirming his role in F&F 7 on his Facebook page is real proof of his involvement. However, his “casting” note, teasingly placed in the about section of the fake page, is not real confirmation. Even though fans of Paul Walker and the franchise would would love to think so.

The latest talking point of Fast & Furious centers around the rumor that Cody Walker, the late Paul Walker’s younger brother, was requested to “step in” for his deceased older sibling. It has been explained that despite a 15 year age difference between the brothers, Cody looks enough like Paul to be used in long shots and computer generation could alter the 25 year-old stuntman’s features even further to complete the illusion.

Unfortunately for fans of Walker and the Fast & Furious franchise there has been no further news from the Walker camp to confirm or deny Cody Walker’s involvement. Various sources have reported that Cody has indicated that he would like to step in for Paul “out of respect” for his older brother.

Other sources have stated that the Walker family also support the decision, but, Cody himself has not released any statements that actually say he will be part of the production. So far the younger brother has been busy supporting his grief stricken mother and clearing items out of his dead brother’s house. On top of the family searching first for a suitable plot for Paul’s cremated remains and then later attending the small, private ceremony where the remains were interred, Cody has been too busy to spend much time thinking about Universal’s request.

The Cody Walker fake Facebook page entry is not confirmation that the casting of Paul Walker’s younger brother in F&F  7 is actually happening. His involvement with the unfinished picture has yet to be officially confirmed. While it would be a lovely touch and a respectful gesture to the memory of Paul Walker the offer is still standing with no clear resolution.  Paul Walker’s death has brought the hoaxer’s out of the woodwork and there will obviously be many more bogus accounts set up in Facebook and Twitter.

By Michael Smith
United Kingdom

Source:

KPopStarz

International Business Times

IMDb

International Business Times

9 Responses to "Paul Walker: Fake Facebook Page of Brother Cody Promises F&F 7 Involvement"

1. Dell Mcclure   January 12, 2014 at 7:20 pm

They are going to retire his character. There will be no more Brian O’Conner! That would be a good idea, however how long would it last?

2. tami   January 11, 2014 at 3:06 am

So does Cody have a real twitter account?

3. GTR   January 8, 2014 at 1:33 am

I agreed with you Mia. But to make the movie real nice, O’Connor little boy should grow up and take his father’s place. I believed they have a boy in FF6.

4. Dalynn Anderson   January 7, 2014 at 7:19 am

I wanted to believe that it was real. My heart goes out to Cody & his family! It makes me sick that people are doing this to him & Meadow! When I heard about Paul’s accident & death I was driving. I had to pull over. I have been watching Paul since Saved By the Bell, The Young & the Restless! Even though I loved his acting. I liked what he did for his Charity! That right there is the REAL PAUL!! I have two people in the family that’s in the acting business & when it comes to being a true fan/friend I’m there! I wish I could of met Paul. He & his family are good people. When that video came out with Tyrese at the crash site, what REALLY pissed me off was ALL those people had their cell phones up filming him breaking down. And people laughing & smiling. If I could of put my hand through my phone I would of #strangled them. I know there is people out there who lives on others tragedy. It just makes me sick. ( I actually got sick.). I want Cody & family to know that I am REAL. Don’t believe me. Go to my brother Jon Huertas. (Castle) Love & prayers going out to the Walker family.
    Love, Dalynn Anderson

5. Belinda   January 2, 2014 at 3:56 pm

i think that if Cody were to do it that he should come in as Brian’s brother and have Dom take him under his wing and look out for him like he would for family

6. Matt Ruth   December 30, 2013 at 1:44 am

I think it would be awesome, if Cody stepped in, and say the death of Brian O’Connor in the film fueled into the next movie similar to Han’s death did in this one. Then have Cody as a character in himself be a younger brother to Brian O’Connor, and Dom take’s him under his wing if Cody wanted to continue acting after this. They could even make it that Cody was a cop and left the force over the death of his brother, and Dom drafts him on the new team. You could have cameo’s with Mia or even keep her in. But it would be nice to have it continue while you still hear the name O’Connor, and moving the films ahead in a positive light. =)

7. maria   December 29, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I think they should not kill him in movie but make him and his family move on to do different things and spent more quality time with his family .

8. Glenn D. Andrews   December 29, 2013 at 8:56 am

I agree with Dawn, but I think they should bring in his brother in at the funeral. I think that would be a respectful way of doing it. Embrace his lifestyle and the way of his early demise. Hopefully they don’t disrespect nor disappoint his family, friends, cast or his fans in that order. Can’t wait to see the movie but I want it done out of respect.

9. Dawn Horscroft   December 29, 2013 at 1:49 am

I think you should honour Paul’s request that if he actually got written out of the FF films, he would like to die in a car accident.
    As terrible as his death was and is , it is the right thing to do.
    No one should take over his role, it has come to an unfortunate end, and he’s role is not replaceable.
    Do the right thing