Fast & Furious 7 Premiere Now 2015 After Paul Walker Death
While the world waits to see if Cody Walker will step in to fill the void left by Paul Walker’s death in Fast & Furious 7; Vin Diesel revealed that the film will now premiere in 2015. The actor/director posted the information on his verified Facebook page along with a picture of the last scene he filmed with the late actor Paul Walker. According to Diesel, the new premiere date for the latest in the franchise will be April 15, 2015. Setting the date back by nine months.
Production on the latest in the Fast & Furious franchise stopped filming back in November for the Thanksgiving holiday. It was during this brief hiatus that 40 year-old Walker died in a fiery car crash. Law enforcement officials are still investigating what caused the crash that killed both Walker and his friend Roger Rodas who was driving the red Porsche Carrera GT. Theories about the reason for the crash have ranged from plastic bumps in the Valencia, California road and nefarious plots orchestrated by the Illuminati.
Theories of murder and conspiracy aside; the death of Paul Walker, which has now set back the Fast & Furious 7 premiere till 2015, has kept Hollywood and fans of the of the actor surmising about the accident. Not since the death of James Dean has a cultural figure’s death been so keenly felt. The similarities between the two men and the way that they died is unsettling. Walker may have been older than Dean, but, his popularity with a generation matched that of Dean’s.
After Walker’s death, Universal Pictures and the film’s director James Wan placed the film on hold until filmmakers could decide how to recover from the death of an integral character in the franchise. The script is being rewritten as the studio attempts to work the actor’s death into the film.
Theories as to how Universal and Wan will adapt the film’s plot have included rumors that had 19 year-old Canadian pop star Justin Bieber touted as a replacement for Walker. The singer is good friends with Fast & Furious co-star Ludacris and it was reported that Justin had been promised a part in the latest sequel. This information combined with a fan trailer set the internet on fire with the news that Bieber would be filling the hole left by Walker’s death.
Paul Walker fans, and fans of the franchise, were upset at this possibility and the rumor was soon cleared up. Currently, Cody Walker, Paul’s younger 25 year-old “lookalike” brother has been approached to be in the film. Like the Justin Bieber rumour, there are reports that say the stuntman is considering filling in for his late brother.
It has been reported that since Cody closely resembles his late brother in looks, size and shape he can “double” for Paul in the scenes left to be filmed with character Brian O’Conner. Shooting on the latest installment in the Fast & Furious saga began in September this year and until Walker’s death on Nov. 30 the film was due to hit its projected July 2014 premiere.
Cody is 15 years younger than his late brother, but, he does look uncannily like Paul. Reports have said that CGI will be used to morph Cody’s face to make him look exactly like Paul. Although sources have said that Cody is willing to step into the shoes of Brian O’Conner in the film, no real confirmation has come from the Walker camp who are still mourning Paul’s death.
Fast & Furious 7 is now premiering in 2015 after Paul Walker’s death. This was announced by Vin Diesel on his Facebook page. The setback of nearly nine months could mean that Cody Walker is still undecided about stepping in. The new April 2015 premiere date obviously gives the filmmakers time to adjust the script and re-shoot any scenes that Walker may have completed already. Universal have said that they want to respect Paul’s memory and they apparently are allowing the Walker family time cope with their loss.
By Michael Smith