Justin Bieber, No—Fast & Furious 7 Premiers July 11, 2014

Justin Bieber not in Fast & Furious 7

Justin Bieber will not be starring as Brian O’Conner in the upcoming Fast & Furious 7 premier, still scheduled for July 11, 2014.

Universal Studios announced they were postponing production on the seventh Fast & Furious movie just one day after the death of lead actor Paul Walker. Walker has played Brian O’Conner in the last six installments in the $2.4 billion dollar film franchise and had already begun filming his part in this latest installment. The announcement of Walker’s passing as well as the studio’s decision to indefinitely postpone production has led to much speculation about the fate of the highly anticipated movie’s release, to include the possibility that Justin Bieber would step into the lead role. Fans of the action packed series were also concerned that the movie, out of respect for Walker, might be permanently shelved.

As of today it is being reported that Universal Studios does intend to complete production of the movie in anticipation of its original July 11th release date. Here is a short chronology of what we know:

November 30, 2013

Paul Walker’s tragic automobile accident. Filming had already begun and Walker had finished a significant number of his scenes.

December 1, 2013

IMDb updates the production notes from IMDb Pro. The following changes are made to the movie’s release:

Status: Unknown.

Comments: “The studio has indefinitely postponed production following the death of Paul Walker.”

Despite the apparent delay of production, the premier date is still listed as July 11, 2014.

December 4, 2013

Dominic Patten of Deadline Hollywood reports that sources close to the production team of Fast & Furious 7 stated that there were no plans to permanently halt production of the film. The unnamed sources confirmed with deadline.com that Universal intended to continue with the finalization of the movie.

December 7, 2013

In an interview with TMZ, director James Wan says that there are no plans to stop production of Fast & Furious. Universal has no plans to abandon the movie and the studio was still committed to the July 11, 2014 release date.

December 10, 2013

Deadline Hollywood confirms Universal’s commitment to their previously reported release date stating that Universal is “holding stake.” Listed on a slate of releases for July 11, F&F is listed alongside Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

December 11, 2013

A viral rumor circulates suggesting that pop super-star Justin Bieber would step in to replace Walker as the movie’s lead, either as a younger iteration of Brian O’Conner or as a junior family member. The news is received with mixed emotions. Bieber fans are elated and believe that the young singer-sometimes-actor would do justice to the part and honor Paul Walker’s memory. More ardent fans of the Fast & Furious franchise are not as supportive of Justin in the role.

The rumor seems to have begun with comments from Fast & Furious co-star Ludacris stating that he would like to see his friend Bieber play a part in the movie. A spoof trailer for the movie was produced and released by Hollywood Life and showed Bieber alongside Vin Diesel dancing, driving, and taking gunfire. Confirmed as a hoax, it became clear that Bieber would not likely appear in the Fast & Furious 7  premier scheduled for July 11, 2014.

December 14, 2013

Paul Walkers younger brother Cody isreported to be in consideration of the O’Connor part. Reported to be a stuntman and no stranger to movie production, articles circulated that he was seriously thinking about filling in for his older sibling. His strong physical resemblance, despite the fact that he is 15 years junior to Paul, istouted as enough reason to take the rumor seriously.

The rumors included reports that the studio was seriously considering scripting Cody as a body double, even stating that CGI would be used to fine tune his appearance in the final scenes of the movie. Other speculations stated that Universal was going to re-write Brian O’Conner out of the movie with his death and bring Cody in as a family member to finish the story line.

December 19, 2013

Michael Smith of the Liberty Voice reports that the script for Fast & Furious 7 was being re-written and confirmed that talk of using Cody Walker in the film was still under consideration while also confirming that any talk of using Justin Bieber as Walker’s replacement was a hoax. The studio and director James Wan have remained silent.

As of this writing this much is certain. Universal Studios is on record on at least two occasions stating that Fast & Furious 7 is a go. Both the company and the film’s director have stated unequivocally that the show will go on. How that is going to be accomplished is yet to be seen.

Social media is abuzz about the next installment in the franchise and it has been said that the July, 2014 release is the most talked about premier of the upcoming movie season. The speculation about who will step into the role, how Brian O’Connor should be cast—or if he should be casted at all—will all but guarantee that, until the details are released, Fast & Furious 7 will continue to be the most anticipated installment of an already highly successful franchise.

By Matt Darjany

Bieber F&F7 Spoof Trailer

Liberty Voice

TMZ

Deadline Hollywood

IMDb

Furious News

Breathecast

14 Responses to "Justin Bieber, No—Fast & Furious 7 Premiers July 11, 2014"

1. Hanan   December 21, 2013 at 4:40 am

I am not a writter, but as a fan of Paul Walker, I was thinking about an idea do know if the writter can take in consideration.
    In the script, Brian call be died for any reason and his brother replace him. The people can accept this and we keep respect the role of Brian without loosing his popularity.
    Thnx
    Hanan

2. asdaswdads   December 20, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Better not watch the play if it is same-sex enthusiasts

3. Insane Customs   December 20, 2013 at 10:06 pm

If they do not use what Paul shot in the upcoming film. I will get as many car guys as I can round up to protest outside my local movie theater on opening night. They should not recast Brian O Conners they should give him a respectful send off/death then if they want to bring in someone such as Cody Walker to join the team to revenge Brian and Hans death then cool add him to the rest of the movies. But don’t bring in Justin Bieber as the lead first of all fans will not relate to him second hes to young and babyfaced to play any type of tough guy role 3rd it would be a slap in the face to the memory of Paul Walker.

• wow   August 1, 2014 at 9:43 pm

So basically you didn’t read (couldn’t read?) the article.

4. Kimsour Phann   December 20, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I was totally shocked when I found out that Paul Walker was no longer with us. I thought my girlfriend was lying to me, I had to check the news and find out for myself. I think it would be great if Cody Walker stepped in and do the part for his brother. It would be a really great tribute and I believe all of the fans would love it. I strongly agree with Scott Herman, if Justin bieber was in the movie I would totally hate it. It would be a disgrace to all the tuner heads out there, cause I’m for sure they don’t like Justin Bieber. I wouldn’t want my child hood hero being replaced by him. Also, the car scene is really really HUGE, don’t upset them. Cody Walker would do GREAT! R.I.P Paul Walker

5. Scott Herman   December 20, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Fast & Furious has been a part of my life since the first movie came out when I was about 16. About 25 of us went to see it and we LOVED IT.

If Bieber was given a role in the movie I would boycott it and never see it. The kid is a piece of trash, has no respect for his role as a “role model”, whether he wants to be one or not, and even if I was offered the role to replace Paul Walker, I would turn it down.

Not saying I have much acting skills or experience. Just trying to prove the point that his role in the move is a staple in the lives of fans such as myself and replacing him with a current or younger version in the movies would just piss off a lot of people and tarnish all his hard work with the franchise.

I can’t image what his family as well as co-stars are going through. Experiences like these bond people together in a way most people will not get to experience.

I put my Fast & Furious 6 Blue Ray in my PS3 for the first time on Monday. The opening sequence honoring Mr. Walker brought tears to my eyes. I feel like I lost a friend I never knew.

• Matt Darjany   December 20, 2013 at 3:30 pm

It has been surprisingly hard for a lot of fans. Thanks for your feedback.

6. Somebody   December 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Gay replacing a hero? No.

7. Matt Darjany   December 20, 2013 at 12:09 pm

You are all reflecting what seems to be the most popular sentiments:
    1. No JB, at least not as the lead
    2. Keep the franchise rolling
    3. Consider Cody for a part
    4. Finish the script carefully to honor the memory of Paul Walker

Thanks for your input, and we’ll see you in future reads.

8. Carlos   December 20, 2013 at 8:25 am

do not put Justin Bieber in fast &furious 7

9. G   December 20, 2013 at 7:28 am

Only Cody Walker should be considered for Brian’s role !
    RIP Paul Walker !

10. 47209472   December 20, 2013 at 6:44 am

Finally its proved that jb is not doing it so happy. His brother should only consider doing it:)

11. 3451788   December 20, 2013 at 6:41 am

Cody walker should do the part as brain o Connor because he will be the best for it with his tribute to his older brother. Good luck Cody! #missing Paul walker

• Philippe Newman   December 20, 2013 at 2:01 pm

No acting skill, and he looks almost nothing like Paul Walker? You’re right. Brilliant idea.

They’re going to have to rewrite to resequence what they have filmed to allow for a second or third act death of Brian, allowing for minimal reshoots using head-backs and distance shots.