Kim Kardashian and the Kardashian family are never far from the spotlight, but there are at least ten things you may not remember about the famous crew.
1. Keeping Up With The Kardashians was not the first foray into reality television for the family. In 2004, Kourtney Kardashian appeared in a show called Filthy Rich Cattle Drive. It has been reported, though, that it was originally Kim who was supposed to be featured in Filthy Rich Cattle Drive. There doesn’t appear to be a ready explanation on how the substitution came to be made. Other family members were in on the reality television scene early as well. In 2005, Bruce Jenner’s sons, Brandon and Brody, were on the short-running reality program called Princes of Malibu. Brody then went on to appear in the highly successful reality series The Hills and even hosted his own reality elimination show, Bromance.
2. Before a sex tape with Ray J, performer Brandy’s brother, put her on the map, Kim worked to rehab Brandy’s image as her stylist. She also worked as a stylist for the now infamous Lindsay Lohan.
3. Paris Hilton is credited with helping to develop Kim’s career as a stylist. In case you don’t remember, Kim and Paris were close childhood friends as early as their pre-school years.
4. Kourtney Kardashian allegedly suffered from a debilitating fear of speaking in public at one time. It has even been reported that she failed two courses in college because of the fear.
5. Though most people probably do remember that Robert Kardashian, father of the infamous Kim and crew, was an attorney in the O.J. Simpson case, you may not remember that O.J. Simpson is speculated to have actually stayed with the family at their home in the days following the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson. It is possible that without this connection, the Kardashian girls and family would not have landed so easily in the spotlight, leaving no use for reminders of 10 forgotten facts about them.
6. Speaking of the O.J. Simpson connection, little sister Kendall Jenner’s middle name is Nicole, reportedly after Kris Jenner’s close friend, Nicole Brown Simpson.
7. Khloe Kardashian was home schooled after dropping out of high school and eventually graduated with honors. Little sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner are currently home schooled as well.
8. Kim Kardashian is rumored to get paid anywhere from $10,000 to $25,000 per tweet for advertising products.
9. Kim has described herself as “totally OCD.” She likes to get any tasks lying ahead of her out of the way the night before when at all possible, including lying out clothes for the next morning and even running the vacuum before heading to bed for the night.
10. Kanye West isn’t the first mega-star with whom Kim has been linked. She has previously been attached to singer Nick Lachey and New Orleans Saints running back, Reggie Bush. You may also have forgotten that Kim was married at the tender age of 20 to music producer Damon Thomas in the year 2000. The marriage ended messily in 20o4.
With the spotlight generating ever more Kardashian stories year after year, it is easy to see how some of these ten facts may have been forgotten along the way. Time is sure to reveal even more.
By Michele Wessel