Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or Other Devices Free

Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or Other Device Free

Unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 3,  Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2 for free, and travel the world without being stuck to just one network for your service. It’s easy to unlock the devices, once you know how, as you will find out in this article.

According to FNN News in South Korea, holiday sales and promotions of Samsung’s new Galaxy Tab 10.1 boosted the company’s sales of tablets to more than 40 million.

FNN News said that in the first quarter of 2013 Samsung Electronics sold 9.1 million tablets, in the second quarter it sold 8.4 million, in the third the company sold 10.5 million, and in the fourth quarter, it sold even more — approximately 12 million. Last year, for the entire year, Samsung only sold about 16.6 million tablets.

If these figures are correct, Samsung is in second place in overall sales in 2013 of tablets only to Apple’s iPad. According to Apple, they sold in the first quarter of 2013 19.5 million, in the second quarter, and 14.6 million units, in the third quarter 14.1.  Though Apple hasn’t yet reported their fourth quarter sales of iPads, it’s been estimated that they will beat last year’s fourth quarter figure of around 23 million iPads sold.

What’s the code to unlock the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the other Galaxy devices?

What is the code you can use to unlock your locked Samsung Galaxy Note 3  and your Galaxy S3, S4, or Note 2 for free, so that you can use any telecommunications network you’d like?

For example, if you are on the Verizon or AT &T network, but don’t want to be stuck having to use only their services, there’s a way around that impediment. Then, you can travel with your Galaxy Note 3 or your other Galaxy devices around the world, or ship them to someone overseas to use.

All you have to do is first take out the SIM from the Galaxy Note 3 and put in its place a SIM from a different carrier, then turn the device off and on.

After you do this, enter into your dial pad *#197328640#. Then, at your main menu of your device: > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3] Perso SHA256 OFF. Pause about 30 seconds, then go back to your main menu and select back. Once you’ve done this, you ought to see the words “Network Lock.” Select [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.

If you’ve done everything correctly, you should see the words “Asterisk Pound One Nine Seven Three Two Eight Six Four Zero Pound”. That’s all there is to it!

If you’ve done these steps correctly, you will now have an unlocked Galaxy Note 3, S3, S4, or Note 2, and you will be able to travel with any of them and use them between different carriers and continents, or ship one or more to relatives or friends to use.

Written by: Douglas Cobb

TabTimes.com
SidheTech.com
SidheTech.com(Galaxy4)

38 Responses to Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or Other Devices Free

1. superdanrunningman April 16, 2014 at 2:37 pm

What is your advice when this option does not appear? Select [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.

2. Patrick April 15, 2014 at 6:40 am

I’ve a Samsung galaxy tab 3. It’s at&t. How can I unlock it. No one mentioned it above.

3. Amy Peterson April 10, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Has anyone found a site that can unlock jellybean 4.3?

4. Ayna March 21, 2014 at 8:26 pm

smartunlocks.net just 29.99$ for unlock, now u can find good solution

5. Hafiz March 14, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I want to unlock samsung galaxy note T879

6. ivy March 14, 2014 at 7:12 am

Where can I unlock my galaxy note 3?please help me. I’m in Belgium but my phone is from US I want to use my simcard here but my phone is locked in verizon.

7. Nancy February 25, 2014 at 2:18 am

I can’t figure out which model of galaxy note 3 I should purchase if I want to get fast speeds here in the u.s. on a prepaid service and also be able to use the phone all over the world with different sim cards.

8. Sara Sauders February 18, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Hi, i had used Codes2unlock.com for $29.99 to get it done, however they offer me 50% refund after i film the unlocking process and upload it to you tube.

9. Matilda Leighton February 9, 2014 at 7:04 am

cellunlocker.net is $29.99 US, not $15 to unlock Note 3!

• Abbas February 13, 2014 at 2:26 pm

If you post the unlocking procedure on YouTube, they refund you $20. I just got mine done over a week ago and they refunded the money to my account.

• Abbas February 13, 2014 at 2:34 pm

My bad, I used fastgsm.com, not cellularunlocker, but cellularunlocker.net promises to refund your complete amount if you post the unlocking video on YouTube. I tried contacting them prior to placing the order, no response at all. I tried fastgsm.com and I was able to chat with someone and had my questions answered. It took them a day and a half to post the unlock code for my phone, but for $9, it is worth it!

10. tom January 30, 2014 at 3:27 am

new phone need help so i can use virgin mobile

11. tom January 30, 2014 at 3:24 am

GOT PHONE ON EBAY FOUND OUT IT’S WITH US CELLAUR NEED TO UN LOCK SO I CAN USE HERE IN SO CAGALAXY S3

12. Joe Sko January 17, 2014 at 4:11 pm

You could download an entire mobile unlocking website for free at http://joesko.com, its completely free to download and to get access to the unlocking portal is only $3.95, all the hardwork of site building is finished.

13. christopher January 16, 2014 at 12:29 pm

This ONLY works with Android 4.1.1. If you have anything later on Verizon don’t even try. You can downgrade back to 4.1.1 and it’ll work of which I’ve provided the link for but in general It won’t work for 4.1.2.

• cinderella January 26, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Yes, this ONLY works with 4.1.1 S3 devices. If you are running a PRE-4.3 device you can still downgrade Android. If you updated to 4.3+ you cannot however.. don’t even try unless you want to brick your phone.

• cinderella January 26, 2014 at 5:17 pm

(in case that wasn’t clear enough for everyone.. *do *not *try to downgrade your 4.3+ device by flashing with odin.)

dont say i didnt warn you.

14. jorge January 14, 2014 at 8:35 pm

i have verizon wireless anyone know how to unlock

15. douglascobb January 14, 2014 at 10:15 am

I listed my sources, so that’s where I got the information from. I haven’t personally tried unlocking any phone ever, but some of the links I mentioned in various comments might work for some people, though the people with YouTube videos generally say they charge.

16. jon January 9, 2014 at 3:14 pm

EE UK, this method does not work Note 3

Douglas, have you found anyone who’s actually unlocked their device?
    Where did you get this story from?

• James January 9, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I don’t think this actually work, many people saying that it doesn’t work.
      I checked around my city, estimates of $30-$50 to get the Sim unlock code.
      I decided to use a website instead, it was $15, received the code through email in about 5 hours and it worked!

• jon January 14, 2014 at 7:15 am

In the end I paid for a European code from ebay £7.50 ($12.32 US Dollar).
        This article is just wrong. This sequence does work for s3 and a few other models.

• john kim January 14, 2014 at 7:30 am

what website ?

• Madeline February 8, 2014 at 12:38 pm

What website did you use?

• Abbas February 13, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I used fastgsm website and they charged $29 for USA AT&T Note 3. However, they refunded $20 when I posted the unlocking procedure on YouTube. Add dot com to the fastgsm.

• seth delong March 22, 2014 at 8:30 am

what is the youtube link please?

17. suseshar January 6, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I have an AT&T USA note 3 from Samsung and there is no UMTS option. I couldn’t find it anywhere.

18. Douglas Cobb December 31, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Alex and others having trouble with this method, there are various videos out there, and some direct you to other sites where you can pay a certain amount of money to have them tell you the specific code you need to unlock your smartphone/tablet. Here’s a response I emailed Alex which might be helpful to other people:

I am guessing you checked out the prices some unlockers of the Galaxy Note 3 charge. I just now did a small bit of research, not much, and videos on YouTube often direct people to a site that currently charges around $32.95 US dollars. However, one comment at one of the videos directed me to SamsungGeeks.com, where there’s an add that they will unlock all smartphones, starting at $1.79 or something like that. That low price just applies to certain countries and certain smartphones, but you get to look at the price before deciding to continue. The cost looks like, in the small print, it would be anywhere from $5.99 to a bit higher — it’s not specific until you actually try it out. They say they will respond with the code via PayPal payment within 2-3 hours.

• James December 31, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Thanks for all the response, I ended up paying a site to get the Sim unlock code.
      I called around my city and the lowest to get the code was $30 but the site I used was $15 and it worked.

• Jonathan Ronk January 30, 2014 at 5:15 pm

What site James… what site… ??

• James January 30, 2014 at 5:20 pm

I used cellunlocker.net
          Hope it helps, I’m happy and satisfied.

19. Alex Holland December 31, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Sorry but this process does not work for all models of Note 3. Specifically I have the N900W8 variant. When I type those numbers into my dial pad I do get through to a development area but the links that you wrote about: UMTS….NW Lock NV.. do not exist. Instead I have other options so I know I am in the right place. If I go through all the links I can get to the Peso SH256 OFF and I can activate that but the NW Lock NV is not there (or blacked out) to continue the process.

I do not believe this is because of the regional lock, but instead some carriers (telus Mobility for one) are over writting some code to stop this from happening.

Canadian laws have just changed to require carriers to allow client to unlock their phones after 90 days but they just get around that law by putting a huge fee for “administration” process. Bell Canada said they would do my one phone for $50.00 which is well above what most unlockers out there will charge. Once again a law gets inacted but the providers just get around the meaning of the law.

20. LK December 31, 2013 at 10:45 am

Will this work on a T889 note 2 from t-mobile

21. Elise December 31, 2013 at 2:26 am

Hi I recently have a similar problem with my Samsung Galaxy NOte 3 (International Version). I believe it’s region lock. Whenever I use the gps or map, it cannot seem to pinpoint my location or track my location. Whenever I use apps as well, I still seem to not be unavailable to location my location particularly the weather widget. I tried typing my city Los Angeles, but all the appears are options of China provinces and cities. Can someone help? Thanks! I would really appreciate it. Is my phone region lock?

22. Douglas Cobb December 30, 2013 at 7:26 pm

James, I’m not quite sure what your particular problem is, but sometimes people are also plagued with a regional lock that’s built into Samsung phones. A link that tells you how to unlock both types of locks is: http://www.etradesupply.com/blog/unlock-sim-solve-region-lock-problem-galaxy-note-3/ Also, YouTube has videos which will take you, step-by-step, through the process, though it’s a relatively easy thing to do.

23. James December 30, 2013 at 6:29 pm

This isn’t working for me, can anyone help me please?

24. David December 30, 2013 at 10:12 am

You can unlock the phone, but unlocking does not affect your contract with the carrier. We should talk to our politicians to make locking the phone illegal. It does not serve any business purpose anyway.

25. Pavan Kumar E December 30, 2013 at 2:01 am

Well, what about the payment details given at the time of registering or buying the device from the retailers?? The cash is still deducted or not?

We will read your comment immediately so leave a remark!

RSS Guardian Express

• ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Retiring From Acting April 16, 2014
    Note: This contains spoilers for those who have not seen April 13’s episode of Game of Thrones. Do not read if you do not want to be spoiled! One of the Game of Thrones actors has decided it is time to retire from acting. It likely is not anybody most would expect, either. And it […]
    Alexandria Ingham
  • Airplane Passengers Tackle Man Trying to Open Exit Door Mid-flight April 16, 2014
    Southwest Airlines Flight 722 passengers performed a heroic act on April 14, when they stopped a man from opening an exit door on the airplane mid-flight from Chicago Midway International Airport to Sacramento International Airport. Witnesses say the man appeared to be intoxicated and was attempting to jump from the airplane. Some passengers noticed that […]
    Christina.T
  • Stanley Cup Playoffs Preview: Dallas Stars April 16, 2014
    The Dallas Stars are likely the most overlooked team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The reasoning behind it is simple: It took the team until the final weekend of the season to clinch a playoff spot. They are the underdog of underdogs heading into playoffs, but as the saying goes: Every dog has its day. […]
    Jonathan Gardner
  • Conjoined Twins Separated and Finally Leaving Hospital April 16, 2014
    Conjoined twins, Owen and Emmett Ezell, born July 2013 and separated in August at six weeks old, will finally leave the Dallas hospital, where they have been gradually improving since the surgery. They will not be going home quite yet, their move this week, will be to a rehabilitation center to continue to recover and […]
    Twanna Harps
  • Lindsay Lohan Relapses and No One Is Surprised April 16, 2014
    Lindsay Lohan has relapsed and no one is surprised. According to Radar Online, the troubled star was seen drinking a vodka soda while at Coachella earlier this week. It is the same news for the star, as she has been down this path five times already. The 27-year-old actress recently completed her sixth stint in […]
    Alexandria Ingham