‘Fast & Furious 7’ Fans Still Strongly Suffering Loss of Paul Walker

Fast & Furious 7

Fast & Furious 7  fans still strongly suffering loss of Paul Walker. Two months after his untimely death, loving fans are tweeting and posting on social media sites. Grief heavy, fans are hurting.  Psychologists explain the stages of grief and loss as a part of life. The discussion on grief and loss is not always an easy subject. Families struggle with handling varying degrees of emotion. So do fans. Just how to handle the grief of popular entertainers transitioning isn’t discussed in popular culture. A tragic death can be even harder to process than one that is expected. It can be a very uncomfortable conversation.

It is deemed a problem when a person is unable to express grief or expresses it for extended amounts of time. The thing is there is no way to measure what or how much grief is appropriate, even in situations where the only connection to the deceased was that of fan or admirer.

In cases where there is a delayed reaction to grief, people watch and wonder when a person will finally break. Prior to the break, denial, the first stage of grief and loss is listed as the culprit. In the case of Walker, there were tweets and news stories posted with people claiming Walker had faked his death. Although extreme, this type of reaction can be listed under the category of denial, or maybe just mean heartedness. It depends on the lens being used to view comments. In social media, grief plays out in real time, with fans sharing feelings and emotions as they experience them.

The second and third stages of grief and loss are anger and bargaining. Again, in Walker’s case, once denial was dealt with some fans expressed anger over the loss of a young, virile and handsome man in the prime of his life and career. This is still a hard time for Fast & Furious 7 fans still strongly suffering loss of Paul Walker. It is common to feel angry when people leave this plane. Anger over them being gone, and knowing there is nothing that can be done to bring them back. The third stage, bargaining, was seen quoted in news stories that questioned the insanity of being on vacation and having this tragedy happen. Perhaps, if he hadn’t taken that street none of this would have happened. When time is up, it’s time to check out.

Depression, the fourth stage, may have acted as a trigger for Walker fans who have lost loved ones in car crashes or fires. These fans will undoubtedly internalize and suffer more acutely because of memories that surface. Feelings of deep sadness happen during this stage. It may be harder for persons suffering a similar loss to get excited over the upcoming sequel.

The final stage of grief and loss is acceptance. The person is gone never to return. In Walker’s case, many fans will find comfort and even joy from the big screen as they remember Walker and the enjoyment he brought to others through his acting. Walker’s good friend and Fast & Furious 7 co-star, Tyrese turned 35 by honoring his friend and continuing in the land of the living. On spending his earth day in Dubai celebrating, he says “I went to smile again.”

Tyrese misses his friend but believes that Walker would not want him in a depressed funk.  He told E! Online,“I’ve never seen him sad or cry.” Tyrese said he is catching flak from fans over his decision. Friends, family, and fans can all choose how to honor the loss of loved ones, and people who touched their lives, even amid controversy from those choosing to handle things in another way.

Social media bring people together for a variety of reasons. With popular culture and trending topics, people are able to share information and feelings and find a bit of reprieve from hurtful situations. Fast & Furious 7 fans still strongly suffering loss of Paul Walker can take comfort in finding their way through the grief process, with one another and through solitary methods.

By C. Imani Williams

E! Online

Inquisitir

28 Responses to "‘Fast & Furious 7’ Fans Still Strongly Suffering Loss of Paul Walker"

1. Maria   May 25, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Still upset there’s not one day that goes by that he’s not in my head Hes all I think about how tragic and sad it is that he’s never coming back it tears me apart he was my heart throb and still will be for the forseeable future I’m hoping to go LA soon maybe get some closure after visiting his memorial I miss him so much it still feels like he’s alive as he’s still got movies being released but fast 7 seems so final I know the fast family will do us proud

2. Bob Roberts   May 14, 2014 at 8:16 pm

His poor anus is no longer a functioning anus in this world 🙁

3. NerNeraida   January 28, 2014 at 7:03 pm

I miss you so much Paul… may you rest in peace see you in heaven when my time comes too 🙂

4. dsousa66   January 19, 2014 at 3:53 pm

R.I.P Paul you’ve touched many souls with your heart , you will always be in our best of memories !

5. lindsay   January 19, 2014 at 9:22 am

Thought I was the only one who felt this way! Lol made me feel better. Sad he is gone 🙁 miss u paul

6. jeanette   January 18, 2014 at 11:21 pm

I guess I’m still in denial that paul is gone. Ive watched several of his movies and still find myself upset or even crying. I personally didn’t know him but ive grown to love him through his movies and his charity. Hes proof that actors can care about others all around the world. I guess its hopeful thinking to say that I hoped that his death was a case of mistaken identity but its been 2 months . Us fans have lost a great human being and I believe I can say he will be tremendously missed but NEVER forgotten. I will continue to watch his movies and love them as if he were still here with us. My heart goes out to his entire family and friends of the fast and furious cast.

7. Bonnie   January 18, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Glad I am not alone. I saw Eight Below with my
    Son several years ago and fell in love with him then.
    He was also very good in Noel & Hours. I almost feel that his luck ran out. He was a risk taker and
    Loved fast cars. His loss is heartbreaking. Much pain was left behind with his death.
    Prayers for his family and Roger’s family.

8. Patricia Rastelli   January 18, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I will miss him a lot, it was a tragic accident. I have been watching all his movies and still feel sad. We should think of his daughter Meadow and his Family in our prayers. Paul Walker will always be in my prayers. RIP Angel Paul Walker.Patti.

9. Dutchess PW   January 18, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Completely devastated cried everyday for 5 weeks still get teary eyed when i see him on the internet had a memorial tattoo to help myself get over it bought all the merchandise I could so everywhere I go I can remember him it still hurts and will carry on hurting the sexiest man alive gone forever I still can’t accept it and still having movies being released make its harder as it feels like he is still alive he will always be in my heart never forgotten

10. jjording   January 18, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I am truly devastated and so heartbroken with the loss of Paul. I was a huge fan of all his movies, videos and his foundation, ROWW. ROWW came to Washington, Illinois after the tornado Nov. 17, 2013. So grateful for that. Paul was a wonderful man, so kind and giving of himself. I felt like he was my close friend. I will miss you Paul so very much!!! Rest in Peace my Angel!!!

11. Tori   January 18, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I agree! I’ve never cried so much over some ive never met before! It was terrible when it first happened, and after hearing all the details it made the pain even worse.

12. Gabriella   January 18, 2014 at 10:56 am

I’ve created a special space for Paul in my home office with 14 dvd, magazines and photos

13. jb   January 18, 2014 at 10:29 am

It seemed impossible to me to grieve for someone you never knew personaly. Until he died. Very real and very painful grief struck when I found out. And I was not even a fan. Metters worsened when I read so many beautiful stories from his life. Exceptional man. Giving man. Kind. List goes on and on. I pray his family and close ones will sooner or later find peace with this painful truth. As if knowing what is about to happen in one of his last appearances he says that it’s when you are down in desparity then you are screwed. Get up and you will find perpose again. His good soul is worth mourning by strangers. Very sad loss. God bless his family, friends, fans and everybody who feels that unexplained emptiness. Rest In Peace Angel Walker

• Oana   January 18, 2014 at 10:59 am

JB it is the same for me… I wasn’t a fan either… I remember watching Eight Below a few times, years back. I remember telling myself that he was the hottest man I’ve ever seen, but that was it. I’m a dog person so that’s why I watched that movie. I remember seeing his photo and the news that he died…instant tears, and my words were ‘please, God, not him’….I don’t have an explanation, for all this…but all I can say is that his death emptied a part of my heart. May God bless his family and friends and may He take care of Paul’s soul… he sure is a beautiful one. RIP Paul Walker.

• jb   January 18, 2014 at 1:22 pm

You know what I just thought. All this is turning into some sort of cult. Sweet cult, where all hurting, fans or not, come together.

• Lesley   January 18, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Till this day, tears fall and my heart aches! :'( Wish it was all a dream! RIP Paul Walker

14. PDubber   January 18, 2014 at 10:01 am

I was sitting here crying because he is gone when I came across this article. So glad I am not the only one! I know a couple of people at work who are still upset over his death too. He was a good man and it’s a tragedy that he left this life so young. I love you, Paul, and I don’t want people to just move on and forget you. 🙁

15. steph   January 18, 2014 at 9:01 am

Rest in peace always loved Paul’s movies.

16. Bridjetta   January 18, 2014 at 8:36 am

I have every movie he been in. I went out and purchase fast 6, but not strong to watch it. Hours is is out but I can’t bring myself to see it. I will wait until it come out and purchase it to. No I never meet him. But he had been in my home for year on my scream. I admit I had hate in my heart for Roger Roads, and I asked for forgiveness for that and want to apologize to his family. I watched a video of Paul out there with shark and realized he was a person who love to live on the edge. He died doing what he loved. At one point I was angry with Paul, but these are stages you go through. One day I will be able to watch him again in my home, but right now, all his movies are put up. I loved you very much Paul Walker “Brain O Connor”

17. Nichole   January 18, 2014 at 6:09 am

They say only the good die young, this state proven true with the untimely death of our friend Paul Walker! May his legacy alive on through his friends and family. Keeping his foundations going and supporting his charities. RIHAW
    GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN O:-)

18. Lyn   January 18, 2014 at 5:19 am

Still cant believe Brian is gone:-( like some of you i also watch all of his films ..still hard to accept ..miss him so much:-(

19. sunnyCSW   January 18, 2014 at 5:13 am

i still get hurt. I wish it is just a dream. I love Paul love his movies love his smiles love everything about him. I can’t forget him. I Love you PAUL 🙁

20. Tania Pope   January 18, 2014 at 4:19 am

still in shock tht he as gone, been watching all his films, few tears, he was my fav actor, never met him in person but he done so much in actoring and helping others, f&f wont be the same, and still in my heart. r.i.p paul walker xx

21. Sarah   January 18, 2014 at 3:59 am

I am devastated over Paul Walker’s death, I know I never knew him personally, but I have loved him for so many years, not just because of his looks but because he was such a special kind hearted human being. Done so much for ROWW and loved life so much! such a tragic way to go and still so young, I don’t think I will get over this for quite some time. Fast and Furious will never be the same again….RIP Paul Walker x x

• jahy   January 18, 2014 at 4:30 am

…me too sarah we feel the same way. i also don’t know him personally, all i know is that i’m one of his supporters in all of his movies. and what saddened me most is his life story there’s so many good thing came out about him. he bought a wedding ring for a couple who are engage, his charity reach out worldwide who help people in need etc. it’s too early for him to go to leave this earth and like you i think it will take time for me to heal this broken heart. how i wish i could bring him back. :'(

22. roman   January 18, 2014 at 3:53 am

so sad that he is gone -_- Every day i watching any of his movies !!

23. Matthew Lewis   January 18, 2014 at 3:38 am

I loved paul walker not just for the films but him in general I’m still gutted he died R.I.P paul walker nd Roger Rodas

24. Liz   January 18, 2014 at 1:26 am

Still numb… still tear up thinking about him, though I have never met him, my heartaches…