Pokémon Bank Release Date Still Delayed, Poké Transporter Added Back for Japan

Pokémon Bank Free or Fee

Much to the frustration of loyal Pokémon fans everywhere, while the Nintendo eShop is back in business, the release date for Pokémon Bank is still delayed indefinitely.  However, there are some signs of progress; its companion app, Poké Transporter, has been added back to the Japan Nintendo eShop for those who managed to download Pokémon Bank prior to the outage.  Unfortunately, it is still not available for those who do not already have Pokémon Bank.

The apps were originally schedule to be released on December 25 in Japan, with an expected release date of December 27 for the rest of the world.  However, there was so much traffic going to Nintendo’s server network on Christmas day –thanks to people receiving Wii U- and Nintendo 3DS-related gifts–that the servers quickly ran into problems dealing with all of the traffic.  Players began to have trouble signing up for Nintendo Network IDs and downloading content.  In order to deal with the problem, Nintendo was forced to remove the Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter apps from their Japanese eShop and delay the Western release of the apps.

Nintendo then proceeded to shut down the eShops for 12 hours to make repairs.  Presumably what they did was increase the capacity of their servers, but whatever they did seems to have worked because the eShops are up and running again.  Nintendo further says that they do not expect any more service outages.

While PokéTransporter has been restored to the Japanese eShop, Pokémon Bank itself still remains unavailable worldwide with no word of a new release date.   But, Nintendo is now recommending that players go ahead and register a Nintendo Network ID, which may be a sign of its impending release.

As gamers patiently wait for Nintendo to get Pokémon Bank back in the eShop, new details about the limitations of the service have been revealed by players who have been able to test it out.

One restriction is the fact that Items and Eggs cannot go into Pokémon Bank.  Any items that are being held by a pokémon during a transfer will be removed and placed back into the player’s bag.  Unfortunately, this means that Origin Forme Giratina will become Altered Forme when transferred.

Another limitation on transfers is that Black Kyurem and White Kyuren cannot be place in the box without first being defused.

And, finally–although many would argue this isn’t really a limitation–hacked pokémon cannot be transferred.   All pokémon that a player attempts to place into Pokémon Bank will undergo a check to see if they are hacked.  If so, they will not be allowed to be deposited.

Although Nintendo has yet to firm up an intended release date for Pokémon Bank, they continue to promise that it will be “as soon as possible” and signs of progress continue to be seen, such as the re-release of Poké Transporter in Japan.  Players around the world only hope that Nintendo has taken adequate steps to increase their server capacity so that further delays are not seen when hordes of Pokémon fans rush to download the long-awaited app.

By Nancy Schimelpfening

Nintendo Official Site

Serebii.net

KpopStarz

WebProNews

33 Responses to Pokémon Bank Release Date Still Delayed, Poké Transporter Added Back for Japan

1. Arlo Freeth February 5, 2014 at 2:30 am

I am EXTREMELY confused…. It says i cant transfer over hacke pokemon, and i tried, and i couldnt transfer over any of my hacke legendaries, but it was able to transfer all my other hacked pokemon????? dafuq?

2. Anonymous February 3, 2014 at 10:55 am

Almost two weeks after the re-release in Asia and still nothing for America or the UK. Thanks Nintendo, I’ll remember that when I see an ad for your next game.

3. Anthony Castillo February 3, 2014 at 5:50 am

Nintendo’s Pokémon Transporter & Pokémon Bank have been delayed due to purchase flood. Too many people may have purchased it which slowed down Nintendo’s Computers from receiving too many messages, so in that case, they will most likely release Pokémon Bank & Pokémon Transporter in each country, but 1 at a time so they receive as little purchase information as possible. If they did release them global, their computers would crash due to too many messages and notifications as if they were having a DDos attack.
    Just be a little more patient until it comes to the UNITED STATES, because we wouldn’t have Pokémon Bank & Pokémon Transporter if it was release all at once, so please just wait for the programs to come to Nintendo eShop.

Sincerely,
    Anonymous

4. BlackBlood January 15, 2014 at 9:35 am

If you wanna say that Nintendo is not responsible and that everyone should just be patient, then leave this page. Nintendo must hurry up an give u our free minth and celebi or else things are gonna get hairy.

5. Dawson January 14, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Just bring out Pokemon bank already your going to make more money off it the sooner its out sincerely an american

6. nelly January 12, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Come on how could you release poke transfer in Japan but yet make no progress in your own country. They let me down I was playing pokemon since gameboy color

• Anonymous January 15, 2014 at 11:42 am

Japan is Nintendo’s home country…

7. Jeffrey January 12, 2014 at 2:42 am

1/12/2014 still no bank this is bull

8. Devan January 4, 2014 at 5:35 am

I think by hacked they mean those hacked Pokemon that were going around the wonder trade system because it truly isn’t fair to other players who have been trading across multiple games and haven’t the money or the means to have gone to a Nintendo event or any wifi access. Aside from adults who still play Pokemon these are a majority of children here and you are going to deprive them of a Pokemon they could only get through an AC or Gameshark? Lol no Nintendo don’t take one out of Microsofts book. Please your fans

• Corey H1913 January 4, 2014 at 11:27 am

True that man. Like I’ve been playing it since it began with RB&Y, have at least one of every generation as well and I haven’t once been able to get a ‘Full’&Complete’ pokedex, the closes I’ve ever gotten was on my platinum from transferring my sapphire, and emerald pokemon but I still wasn’t able to complete it since I couldn’t get the event pokemon. If after 8 years no I believe it close to 10 since Ruby&Sapphire have been released, I can’t obtain a full pokedex without using the means of an app or any means of that(including special events) then there’s no way a kid just starting out will be able to obtain a full pokedex by just through trading. I haven’t even found Jirachi or even Celebi at all through normal gameplay.

9. Corey H1913 January 3, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Just out of curiosity what would be defined as a ‘Hacked’ pokemon? Like I know there are some pokemon which some cannot get unless it was by means of getting it through an app or Action Replay ect. Due to the fact they were unable to get it through the means of an event since they don’t have internet connection like some lucky few did. Honestly I haven’t once been able to get even deoxys in any of the gens of pokemon(3rd gen and up). I haven’t figured it out unless I add him through by another means. If hacked means this then I’m sorry that’s a bit harsh because there’s no possible way a new gamer who’s coming into the series playing X and Y as their first game is going to be able to achieve a full pokedex, and there’s no way someone is nice enough to trade em their past pokemon just for the sake of letting another person get the data. If the kid doesn’t have gens 3-5 they’re kinda out of luck for a full completion because I don’t see Nintendo making more ruby & Sapphires unless the rumours of a remake are going to be true. But that’s just my two sense.

10. RedG January 3, 2014 at 4:38 am

Why can’t everyone just be patient? The bank was set to be released, but Nintendo never expected this huge amount of traffic. Sometimes it takes a while for something to become working, and we just have to wait-don’t waste your fingers commenting about how it should be out now etc etc. The fact that japan has the poke-transporter now is because they got the bank first. Besides, some of you say that you wish you got it on the same date, but if that happened, there would be even more of an overload and the pokemon bank would be removed from you, hence forth you would lose it, which is more painful than not getting it. Patience, is a virtue.

11. Steve January 2, 2014 at 11:58 am

Sorry I just figured that I have to point out how Nintendo is being so racist about this.

Releasing the transporter in Japan, their own country and not the rest of the world.

Do I need to say more?

• jake January 2, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Its not a race thing their just opening Pokemon bank back up to those who already have it downloaded so they can continue to move over their Pokemon if anything its actually a tactic to lower server error chances everyone with it already will move their stuff over then they will release it probably in Joan let that happen and then everyone else per the usual

12. the smart guy January 2, 2014 at 9:19 am

hey there will be a website where you can create pokemon and whit 2 weeks it will also be avaible for x and y, http://www.pokegts.uk

13. Cheryl Thomas January 1, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Wll we still be able to get it

14. Cheryl Thomas January 1, 2014 at 6:15 pm

What about celebi ???????

15. Mark January 1, 2014 at 1:03 pm

DAMN YOU NINTENDO! RELEASE BANK ALREADY!!!!!!! So annoying waiting without a clear release date. I’m glad I was able to get gen 2-5 starters by trading with a guy in japan

16. christopher January 1, 2014 at 12:48 pm

This information is already available and you bring up the same point twice. Find someone who actually cares about pokemon.

17. Joshua January 1, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I can care less about the free trial, but from what i’ve read about it the trial starts the day you download the app, not from the day its released.
    I just want the dang app already. i don’t care if people want to send hacked pokemon, i personal don’t use cheat devices, I’m getting impatient waiting to transfer all of my pokemon from back in the GBA generation into X&Y.
    I want my bank, I’ve got a $20 nintendo card waiting to pay for my annual fee, I just want my bank already.

18. pokefan January 1, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I just got done battling a guy who had Black Kyurem so Nintendo better take there time or there going to have major problems

• Mic January 1, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Major problems with what? The DNA Slicers are available in XY, but you need to show the NPC a Kyurem to get it. Once you do, much like those in Japan able to take advantage of the pre-pulled app, then you have legitimate means to Black/White-Kyurem. Every item to change a Pokemon’s form is available in-game by basically doing the same thing. Show an NPC a Pokemon, get/gain access to the item.
      As for hacked Pokemon, it appears that their check system wasn’t too strict.

• jake January 2, 2014 at 6:59 am

Lol should have read ahead before I commented

• jake January 2, 2014 at 6:58 am

You can’t transfer black kyurem but there is a way in x and y to get DNA splicers if you have kyurem

19. Mr.Anonymous January 1, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I’m actually more worried that Pokémon Bank won’t be released until this summer at the earliest, or they’re just saying that it’s going to be released and Pokémon Bank is never going to see the light of day. I don’t know why, but with each day of not having an actualy release day, the more I feel like it’s never going to be released

20. Mohammad J January 1, 2014 at 11:06 am

Its a bi strange cause nintendo has issues with pokemon bank, my Korean friend just emailed me and tod me that hacked pokemon of his got through he even showed me a video of a shiny lv 100 arceus through it, which means nintendo has serious problems.

• Barzany January 1, 2014 at 12:16 pm

So does your friend for using hacked pokemon jeebs.

• rubarb January 2, 2014 at 6:16 am

if you don’t have legit-hacked Pokemon you aren’t a serious battler

• charlie January 3, 2014 at 5:38 am

lol huh?
          Nope.

21. Camron January 1, 2014 at 9:39 am

form what ive heard its coming out january seventh

• jake January 2, 2014 at 7:01 am

Its a photoshopped add going around the release date on it is January 7 2013

22. Kevin Seth January 1, 2014 at 9:30 am

I’m more worried about if the Nintendo company will extend the time period to get the Pokémon Bank and Transporter system downloaded for free. The original date for this occasion to end was January 30, 2014. If we can’t download them now, they should also delay the end date!

• Alphonse Harlock January 1, 2014 at 10:19 am

They WILL extend the end date of the free trial. It will be exactly 30 days after the official release, that has not yet happened. For confirmation just read the official announcements Nintendo made recently.

We will read your comment immediately so leave a remark!

RSS Guardian Express

• Why Andre Johnson Why? April 17, 2014
    After reading the reports that rapper Andre Johnson, who did work with members of the Wu-Tang Clan band, chopped his own penis off and then leaped from a second story balcony in what must have been an apparent suicide attempt, it leaves a person wondering, why Andre why? The police discovered him lying on the […]
    Kimberly Ruble
  • Milwaukee Bucks Staying Put After Team Is Sold April 17, 2014
    Milwaukee Bucks owner Herb Kohl gives an emotional interview when speaking of the sale and the future of the Bucks, proud to announce they will stay in Milwaukee. The sale of the Bucks was not an easy decision for Kohl; although he will keep a percentage in the team, he will no longer have control […]
    Jabar Morarend
  • Thai Protest Could Affect Economy April 17, 2014
    The Thai protest could finally be affecting the economy of Thailand. Some people believe that they are losing business because of the protest. A mobile salesperson named Sakuntala Mettawong thinks that he is losing business at his shop at MBK, which is one of the largest malls in Bangkok. At peak times of the day, […]
    Tom Clark
  • Britain Branded the Most Sexist Country in the World April 17, 2014
    UN spokeswoman for violence against women, Rashida Manjoo, has in some rather controversial comments branded Britain the most sexist country in the world, sparking a fierce defensive backlash in the British media. On a recent visit to the country, the UN envoy claimed that the sexism exhibited in the UK was more “in your face” […]
    Rhona Scullion
  • Autism Help for Children May Come From App April 17, 2014
    A new app called Skill Champ is now available for download on iPad. The help that may come from this new app, which is geared towards children with autism, has the potential for big results. In fact, the family of one Skill Champ user calls the app life-changing. Emily Mack, who is 11 years old, […]
    Ashley Campbell