Pokémon Bank Release Is Coming Soon, Nintendo Asks for Patience

Pokémon Bank

Nintendo continues to reassure anxious Pokémon fans that its long-awaited Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter are indeed set for release in the future and more information will be coming soon.  The update and request for patience came on January 10 on Nintendo’s official Twitter page.

Originally the Pokémon Bank app and its companion app Poké Transporter were scheduled to be released in Japan on December 25, followed by a December 27 release date elsewhere.  These plans were quickly scrapped and the apps were removed from the Japan eShop after a holiday-related surge in network traffic overwhelmed the eShop’s servers.

Nintendo has been working diligently ever since to correct the problems.  At one point it took its servers offline for 12 hours in order to presumably upgrade its capacity.  Since that time, things have improved for users of the eShop, however, the much-anticipated Pokémon Bank remains elusive.

Fans got excited at one point when a screen capture that purported to be an official announcement from Nintendo was being circulated.  The announcement, which has since been proven to be a fake, claimed that the apps would be released in Europe on December 30, followed by a January 3 release date in Oceania and a January 7 release date in the U.S.  It further claimed that the window for the 30-day free trial would be extended to February 28.  This rumor was quickly debunked by many astute fans of the game, however, when they noticed many discrepancies in the information on the fake announcement.  In addition, the supposed U.S. release date has come and gone without the apps being released, putting the rumor to rest for good.

So when is the new release date?  So far, Nintendo has refused to put a specific date on it, instead making vague promises that it is coming in the future and asking its customers to continue to be patient.

Gamers have been waiting for the apps since they were first announced on September 4, 2013 on an episode of Nintendo Direct, Nintendo’s official news broadcasting service.  The new apps promised to allow players to store and manipulate up to 3,000 pokémon in Nintendo’s new cloud-based service, giving players added convenience and peace of mind.  Not only would they be able to easily transfer pokémon between games, but they would also be able to retrieve their pokémon in the event that they ever lost or damaged a game, all for a nominal annual fee of only $4.99.  Add in a 30-day free trial period and a special free Celebi and many players were extremely eager to download the apps just as soon as they made an appearance in the eShop.  Unfortunately they found that the wait was not over on December 27 and it has continued to be extended indefinitely, causing them much consternation and worry.

As Nintendo continues to ask for patience, many gamers have had numerous questions about the apps, including whether they really are coming soon or will be released at all.  They have also had concerns about whether Nintendo will extend the deadline for the 30-day free trial.  It is clear from Nintendo’s tweets, however, that the company does intend to release the apps and is working very hard to make that happen.  It is doubtful that Nintendo would not extend the 30-day free trial period and do everything it can to keep its customers happy, especially after they have waited so long.

By Nancy Schimelpfening

Nintendo of America Twitter Page

The Christian Post

Cubed3

Examiner

47 Responses to "Pokémon Bank Release Is Coming Soon, Nintendo Asks for Patience"

1. Heloc   February 5, 2014 at 9:28 am

As of Today February 5th 2014 I have downloaded Pokemon Bank for the 3DS in Canada, THE WAIT IS OVER!

2. anonomouspkmntrainer101   February 1, 2014 at 1:51 pm

honestly i dont see why they cant release poke bank soon, i have been checking nintendo-e-shop each day for a month now, and STILL NO POKE BANK!!! what is up with that? im hoping that when poke bank DOES finally come out that i can still get celebi. another thing is that i have almost two boxes full of legendaries and my favorite is a lvl. 100 Mewtwo that knows fire blast aura sphere earthquake and psystrike. I WANT POKE BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Micheal Rendz   January 31, 2014 at 1:42 pm

“Hello Pokemon fans, we regretfully would like to tell you, Share with you, Pokemon Bank, has been cancelled for the Us, Canada, Europe, and Oceania. Our servers cannot handle the amount of bandwidth to keep such a program running constantly. We’re very sorry and to make it up to all of you loyal fans we have a released for free, a special version of Legend of Zelda four swords. Once again we are deeply sorry, be sure to get the pokemon you need from some friendly Asian traders on the gts!”-Reggie Phills 1/30/14 (10 am nintendo stream on twitch)

4. Giratina   January 29, 2014 at 11:35 pm

when Pokemon Bank finally DOES come out in US. . . i doubt i’d trust it enough to use it. most likely i’ll transfer my gen 3, 4 and 5 Pokemon, but then i’d stay away from the app for at least a few months and even then i don’t think i’d trust it for my hard earned Pokemon. i’m not talking about people stealing them i mean glitches like the server goes down and they get deleted or i get locked out of my account. i’ll just keep them in my nice little PC
    Box thank you very much.

5. Kamrom Dechu (@Kamrom)   January 25, 2014 at 7:28 pm

“Pokemon Bank Release Coming Soon.”

11 days later…

6. blkbear   January 20, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Personally I would rather have a PC/MAC Bank folder on my home computer to dump Pokemon into, with the paid “cloud storage” as an EXTRA backup.

I’d also want a “service” to suck the Pokemon off older carts, with a gizmo that can be plugged into the 3DS, DSi or XL hardware. Having picked up used 1st and 2nd gen game carts for next to nothing full of Pokemon just waiting to get into new battles! But I have a feeling the reason they don’t do this is it would be easy to hack Pokemon if you have ready access to data on your computer.

• MiMc   February 1, 2014 at 9:43 am

1st and 2nd gen games are completely incompatible with the rest of the series because they use a completely different system for determining stats and IV’s. Their data structure was also incompatible with the more modern format that came out in RSE. The reason we can transfer foward now is because the game has a way of translating the old data into new data, but at the time of the 3rd gen release there was no way to link an old and new pokemon game.

7. blub   January 19, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Pokemon X/Y is senceless without Pokemon-Bank, thats what I think.

8. Kontz jr.   January 17, 2014 at 11:58 pm

This pokemon stuff is funny but still I wish they will dam get done with the program so we can use it before the next year gets here or before will start sending letters to the big boss of u guy’s.

9. jessewalker25   January 16, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Well, last time I looked I noticed it was moved to future releases, but I am starting to wonder if they’ll release it to the us before the trial period is up. They should not have an expiration date on when you can start the trial period for cases such as this. Cases like this the trial periods should be there from the very first day we log onto the bank. Not a use it or loose it type thing.

10. Anon   January 16, 2014 at 2:56 am

Lol it is quite easy to fill your dex. I have mine almost finished. Just need Arceus. You just need to look around.

11. Aaron Hacker   January 15, 2014 at 11:19 pm

To the people saying it will be coming out on Fab. 29th, there is no leap year this year! Never go full retard.

12. landon   January 15, 2014 at 6:47 pm

why you do dis!

13. Drew   January 15, 2014 at 4:14 pm

No matter what the bank will come out I jest hop it’s before this month is over.t dident they put the bank in to pokemon x and y did they ever think of that.would of saved us a hell of a lot trouble.if the bank dosent come out by the end of this month forget it.It well never come out and ill are pokemon well remain trapped in are old versions never to see the beauty of the kalos Region.

14. Taylor Mabe   January 14, 2014 at 12:38 pm

The release of pokemon bank will be soon…..just like the release of Naruto 661!

15. Stumbo   January 13, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Send Nintendo a Message with In-Game Civil Disobedience (Revised)!

1. Start breeding/catching several boxes full of Magikarp (which are both unwelcome and a nice visual representation of how Nintendo is handling the Pokémon Bank debacle).

2. Name them all “Bank”.

3. Start Wonder Trading your Magikarp and nothing else until Nintendo either releases Pokemon Bank or gives us a legitimate explanation as to why it is taking so freaking long

4. Tell everyone you know who plays X and Y to do the same.

5. Repost this everywhere.

If enough of us clog the Wonder Trading system with fresh Magikarp, the retraders will send them back which in turn will (hopefully) create a snowball effect rendering Wonder Trading useless until Nintendo cleans up this mess.

–Stumbo

16. Nigel Kirk   January 13, 2014 at 2:10 am

I am laughing so hard at the change,org petition. Because the U.S. government has any effect on what a Japanese company tries to do. I almost want it to hit the needed signatures just to see what kind of response the administration would make.

17. Karu Amaya   January 12, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Only thing I don’t like is the fact that the japanese now rule the GTS in terms of pokemon that cant be obtained without pokemon bank, the stupid trade requests have only gotten worse…..

18. Skinny   January 12, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I agree with a previous comment about articles having misleading titles. Nobody knows what’s really going on yet, It’s just hype. No petition is going to speed up the process of bank being released! Some people are funny getting high and mighty. Yea we would all like bank to be released and it’s a pain the Japanese get everything before us but at the end of the day that’s the way it is. Throwing your toys out the pram and cursing nintendo to every name under the sun isn’t going to change anything. ..
    I’m not ranting. It’s just the way it is…

19. mike   January 12, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Oh well I just hope its soon but it isn’t gonna ruin my life

20. Clayton Toth   January 12, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Every time Celebi is involved with software>game events something goes horribly wrong and the service that is provided to get the Pokemon is always shelves the device/utility before it can be used. The f*** Gamefreak? Gamefreak keeps screwing us over with pokemon stuff. >: (

• -PEves-   January 13, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I had my hopes up for a celebi. Now that celebi is the least of my worries because there are a myriad of other pokemon that I will never have in my game to go along with it.

I am just going to complete my 3 local pokedexes and consider the game finished. Screw the Nationaldex. Screw Nintendo and their false promises.

21. Leon   January 12, 2014 at 1:54 pm

This is why I think they should’ve had both this and the old way of transferring. That way if it doesn’t work, exhibit A ^, u can still transfer. If this new idea works wonderfully, then u can just have it for next gen. Even if it’s inconvenient, atleast u dont have to wait on an online release. But if you do get it, what happens if servers shut down?

• HV   January 13, 2014 at 11:25 am

I thought the exact same thing when I heard of Pokemon Bank.

22. James Parker   January 12, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I don’t understand why we have to pay for the pokemon bank. We pay for the game, we pay for the console, and now we pay for this? Not to mention that its taking forever to come out. I know that cloud storage is expensive, but still I’m not paying 5 bucks a month to store my pokemon! All I want is to get my pokemon from my Ruby game into my Y game.

• Nah   January 12, 2014 at 2:40 pm

$5 a YEAR. Aka less than 50 cents a month.

• -PEves-   January 13, 2014 at 7:30 pm

50 cents a month times 100 million is still 50 million dollars a month.

• Sam   January 12, 2014 at 2:48 pm

It’s actually $5 a year. If it was per month I would take my money and buy an extra copy of the game for the storage space I want.

• Kameron   January 12, 2014 at 2:55 pm

The application is 5 dollars yearly.

• Heloc   January 13, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I find this a bit.

“To:
      Nintendo
      GameFreak
      We want the App to come as soon as Possible! We have been waiting about a week now and everyday it’s the same “TBD” Story!

Sincerely,
      [Your name]”

What is the point of this? They have already said they are working to get this to us as soon as they can, so saying “We want the App as soon as Possible!” hey we’re pissed so we want you to keep doing what you’ve said you are! what a pointless petition.

• Heloc   January 13, 2014 at 5:24 pm

my bad, the first line should be “I find this a bit funny.”

23. Riley   January 12, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I’ll be happy as long as hackers can’t steal your pokemon and as well as it not being laggy or glitchy.

• galen150   January 18, 2014 at 3:50 pm

if they could hack in to nintendo why would they just steal some data for a game? they’d probably go after something of worth if they have that kind of skill with computers

24. SJo   January 12, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I just want to complete my national dex 🙁 lol

25. lurio jinx   January 12, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I am getting really mad at Nintendo because they are making us wait to long it is making me so mad at them and the Pokemon company to

26. Denton   January 12, 2014 at 1:07 pm

I don’t trust Pokémon Bank. It will only be a matter of time before hackers will find ways to steal your pokemon.

• Mr Jack   January 12, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I’m confused by what you just said. Why would hackers want to steal your pokemon? They can simply create their own pokemon. Ya know, not everybody wants to play “Bike Simulator 2014” for weeks just to finally get a perfect pokemon. So they will create it instead. Stealing your pokemon would be pointless.

• Plop   January 12, 2014 at 1:44 pm

A lot of things people do out of ill will are pointless. Why does someone steal gold in an online game? Same kind of people could steal pokémon, might be easier than creating their own.

27. drudex   January 12, 2014 at 12:37 pm

We had enough patience -.- in every other game this feature was included …

28. Nickolai   January 12, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Well, I’m just impatiently waiting because I have over 60 Legendary pokemon waiting to be sent over -_-

29. Plop   January 12, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I know the aim is to lure readers here, but when someone is lying in the title it really sounds desperate. What does “soon” mean to you? They have stated that they will update us in the future. They didn’t even say the near future. This article is the same regurgitated faeces that flows in the sewers of the internet, with misleading title and no new or usable information at all. Thank you.

• Jigglypuff   January 12, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Agreed. No more needs to be said.

30. Craig   January 12, 2014 at 11:06 am

I know that NIntendo is doing their hardest to make sure things run smoothly, but I just wish this maddness would stop.

31. mike   January 12, 2014 at 11:03 am

How does japans is running fine and u.s. is still unavailable?

• msankey86   January 12, 2014 at 11:52 am

Because people who got it when it was first available are still able to use it. If not, they don’t have access either.

32. chrisfleming95   January 12, 2014 at 10:57 am

Just as long as it’s not glitchy, I’m not even mad.