Miley Cyrus Has a Bad Influence

Miley Cyrus

Knowing that Miley Cyrus has a lot of fans I know that many of you will ask yourself why does she have a bad influence. Not so long ago, she was just a sweet little girl who was playing Hannah Montana in the eponymous TV series. The series premiered on March 24, 2006 and it had the largest audience for a Disney Channel program. It quickly became the highest rated series on basic cable. She has played the role of Hannah Montana for almost six years and throughout this whole time she has stayed the same. It looked like the fame did not corrupt her.

Throughout the years we have seen her grow up. She became a young woman, who gained a lot of fans while playing in the series Hannah Montana. It seems, however, that with the end of the series her normal behavior also ended. Appearing half naked, smoking marijuana on stage, masturbating in front of the audience, kissing women during performances, touching the crotch and butts of the dancers, spitting on audience…  All of this became her normal behavior. And with those actions, Miley Cyrus has a bad influence on her young fans. We all know that she is no longer a little girl, but she could show her adulthood in a different way. With all the power, money and influence that she has, she could help to a better world. But her main essence is to twerk and to appear naked in her videos.

Music used to be important. Today, however, we do not listen with ears anymore, we listen with our eyes. Women no longer sell their music, they are selling their bodies. They are selling sex. And Miley is no exception. Many girls worshiped her when she was Hannah Montana. She was their role model and their idol. I believe that she is still an inspiration to the vast majority of these girls. And I wonder what kind of example she is giving them with her current behavior.

Miley Cyrus is obviously not aware that also younger children are listening and watching her. They copy her behavior and her actions. She is not aware that she is handing over bad moral values to the younger generations. With all the attention that she receives and with all the money earned, she probably does not even care about that at all.

Apparently, she is also not aware of the fact that one day she will have children as well. And they will also have someone who will be a role model to them. If not before, she will then realize how very important it is that children do have a good example. And maybe then, she will understand that it is significant that their role model gives them that good example.

The fact is that parents can not order their children what music to listen to and who to look up to. But they do wish that their idol is a good example to them. And sadly, with her current behavior, Miley Cyrus has a really very bad influence.

Opinion by: Janette Verdnik

Daily Mail

NOLA

All Women Stalk

17 Responses to "Miley Cyrus Has a Bad Influence"

1. Sunny   March 31, 2014 at 2:25 pm

She is doing what she loves and is an amazing performing artist. She has so much talent and drive, its amazing what shes doing and theres nothing wrong with expressing yourself. She is doing it for her and not anyone else. Pop stars are not responsible for raising your kids. Anyone who speaks poorly of her do not know her and don’t consider all of her work, and they also will never be as successful as her either. She represents feminism and helps young girls find confidence.

2. Zeroh Tollrants   March 30, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Pop stars are NOT role models, nor are they responsible for raising your children with your moral sentiments. I went to much more risqué concerts in my day, (Sex Pistols, Plasmatics, GG Alin, etc.), than anything Cyrus has done. Using Cyrus as your only example is also lazy and underdeveloped writing. It is up to individual families to provide context and real role models on which children form their personhood, lack thereof is a parental failure. Signed, mom of two, grandmother of seven

3. Kim Psn   March 30, 2014 at 8:20 am

Joethemonkey, u must be the one of the see no evil hear no evil speak no evil. Listen to her sing, she is wicked awesome.

4. Kim Psn   March 30, 2014 at 8:17 am

Dude, live your life. I couldn’t stand her, now she’s free, doing her thing, EQUAL RIGHTS. I thought your generation came up with the term “generation gap.” . you don’t get that she’s joking and we aall know it and applaud that. You are taking her way too seriously. As for the kids, if one more time I have to site that THE Bible’s influence has caused millions of deaths, many wars, famine, unfounded shame and guilt, substance abuse and mental illness, I will tattoo Miley Cyrus vomiting diamonds and marijuana on lady gaga as she gives birth to Marilyn Manson. I’ll prob do it neway. chill and ppl if u decided on kids, DONT PRETEND U DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AND LATER GET MAD. The thing is SHE’S THE BEST POP SINGER of her aGE group by far. She has amazing pitch control, phenomenal control of her diaphragm, a strong and gorgeous voice that’s even better live I’ve seen multiple times she can sing without her monitors in (try to sing something without hearing urself) EITHER EAR OR ON STAGE. She’s a vocal prodigy and that’s why she’s not going away. Let’s focus on that, she’s an entertainer she entertains very well but her singing is almost Adele or Marian Carey quality. Listen to “FU”.

5. rymal   March 30, 2014 at 8:13 am

ooohhww…so you said that miley cyrus is a bad influence,huh? what about other artists like justin bieber? all of younger fans also used to admire him so much. he is also has same situation with miley but still why must be miley to be blamed?? i mean like seriously…u guys need to be open mind..miley cyrus is just like other artist in this music industry.

6. Olivia   March 30, 2014 at 7:28 am

I don’t think you understand that Hannah Montana was only a character that she played on tv. She has said time and time again that that was just never her. Why in the work would you ask someone to be something that they are not? Especially someone her age where figuring out who you are is crucial.

7. Kayla ward   March 30, 2014 at 5:54 am

I agree with this article as well. I’m a few months older than Miley but we’re the same age, have gone through the same things. It disappoints me that she has sold herself short. She’s not only cheating her fans with her slutty antics but herself. She can do so much better and is so talented! I was a huge Miley cyrus fan until she started creating the image that she has. I’m 21 as well but have no desire to go in public half naked, and grab my crotch. It’s just tasteless to someone who thought there was a down to earth celebrity who someone like me can connect to. I’m very discouraged of this is now acceptable in our world.

8. Gavin   March 29, 2014 at 10:25 pm

This article, like every other article pertaining to Miley, is hilariously naive. If you think anything that Miley does is risque, then you had a sheltered upbringing and are most likely American, and you probably need to chill out. It seems like Americans are instinctively frightened of the flesh and sexuality (guns are more important). The fact is that Miley has a very clever promotional department; it’s ruthless marketing, and she’s fully aware of it. It also helps that she’s a girl who appears to be quite comfortable in her own skin, and seems to be generally unaffected by the resulting social stigma. But if Miley was French, this wouldn’t even be a thing.

• LadyFreedom   March 30, 2014 at 8:44 am

Thank you, Gavin. I really think you needed to put “promotional department and marketing” in capital letters. It’s an image. The fact that millions of people are talking about crotch rubbing is amazing for her career. It’s called the entertainment industry! Yet, despite being an entertainer…. she is a human being. A young woman and she’d have to be comfortable to do what she does. I stopped reading at “she could help to a better world.” I almost brought up my breakfast.

9. Carl Robbins   March 29, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Get over it, she way better now! Only old crusties like you don’t get her “tongue in cheek” sex humor./…

10. Kaylan   March 29, 2014 at 8:52 pm

I feel like Miley isn’t asking these little girls to do what she does, we have to understand that she is a young adult and as such she will have her fun like we all either have done or will do when we reach that age. I personally love that she is expressing herself and if she wants to rub crotches and masterbate then more power to her.

11. R.A Baki   March 29, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Truly dissapointing

She was my role model.

• LadyFreedom   March 30, 2014 at 8:29 am

Maybe your parents should have been your role models. Your mum, your aunt… I don’t know, your history teacher or Jesus. You watch a TV show… little Hanna Montanna dancing around and signing, and you go… oh my God, I LOVE her! In reality, have you ever heard about a thing called a contract? She was legally obligated to wear her hair a certain way, speak about certain things, act all cutesy and girly… come on, it’s Disney. Millions of fans around the world from Pakistan, to Nairobi to Australia and back to the US… looked up to the image her contract stuck on her. And her smoking weed and wearing these outfits… don’t you think that’s another put together image? I think people need a better insight into the television and entertainment industry

12. ZacharylovesMileyCyrus   March 29, 2014 at 7:52 pm

This is BS to me!!!!! Miley may be a bad influence but she’s the nicest down to earth person have ever seen. Everybody is not perfect at all. Sometimes we all have bad behaviors. So don’t blame it on Miley. Justin Bieber is a bad influence too. If you love judging on Miley. I’m not going to stop you. But we shouldn’t judge on everyone for God’s sake. Love, not hate.

13. num1nonnie   March 29, 2014 at 7:43 pm

I totally agree with your article! Well said! She’s just become a stupid little twit that had talent! Uggghh..get over yourself Miley! 🙁

14. ashley   March 29, 2014 at 7:13 pm

she is down right sick

15. joethemonkey101   March 29, 2014 at 4:11 pm

totally agree. she’s a disappointment