Apple iPhone 6 Photos Leaked, Samsung Group May Need to Worry

apple

It was long rumored that the new Apple iPhone will feature a larger 4.7 inch display but there was no way of knowing for sure as the iPhone 6 looks and specifications had been a well-kept industry secret. Until now, that is. Several photos were posted on Chinese social networking service, Weibo, with the claims that the image shows the front panel of an iPhone 6 along side an iPhone 5s. If the leaked photos are indeed of Apple’s iPhone 6, then Samsung Group may need to worry about its leadership in large display smartphones market.

Apple had moved up from its usual 3.5 inches screen size with its iPhone 5 in 2012, which featured a four-inch screen. However, industry reports reflected that people prefer even larger screens – Samsung Galaxy S5 has a 5.1 inch screen – and Apple’s four-inch screen was seen as too small for daily use. Apple’s recent earnings report had also suggested that Apple could have a larger screen display if it wants to boost sales further.

The leaked photos of Apple’s iPhone 6 show the new model is noticeably larger than the iPhone 5s. Whilst there is no way of knowing if it is the rumored 4.7 inches display screen, it cannot be said to be smaller than that either. So far, Samsung has been a leader in larger display smartphones and many of its customers are people who prefer a Galaxy phone over an iPhone for this very reason. If Apple has come up with a competing phone display, Samsung Group may need to worry about their stand in the market.

Meanwhile, in the leaked photos, the larger front panel of the iPhone 6 shows the cutouts for home button, camera, light sensor and the ear piece, which are very similar to the iPhone 5s. The newer version will also retain hallmark design elements such as the chamfered edges. The leaked images do not really show anything remarkable new in the look of the new iPhone 6.

However, the latest upcoming model of Apple’s flagship smartphone will feature a better and more powerful A8 processor that will support 64-bit applications, an eight mega pixel back-end camera and the latest iOS 8 software. The iPhone 6 will have improvised Touch ID fingerprint sensor and is also likely to be dust and water-resistant. The iPhone 6’s particular selling feature has been rumored to be an ultra-scratch resistant sapphire glass. The new Apple phone will also be allegedly marketed as a multimedia-centered device, which is a possibility, thanks to the larger display and better width of the phone.

Earlier this year, a rumor had also claimed that Apple will ditch its retina displays in favor of higher resolution screens. However, Apple did not make any confirmations on this subject nor have there been any follow-up reports so the fate of the retina displays is unknown.

Moving on, the front panel of the alleged iPhone 6 is not the only part of the new smartphone that has been leaked into the internet. A French website published photos of, what it claims is, the batteries of the iPhone 6 resting on a production tray. There were no details accompanying the photos except that they belonged to the new iPhone. There was also no concrete evidence showing the batteries would be placed inside the new Apple device. The only support for the alleged batteries images is that the shape of the batteries is similar to what Apple has used in its previous iPhone models.

It may be interesting to note the Apple’s iPhone 6 images have been leaked just four days after Samsung’s Galaxy S5 was launched. Whether this is a marketing tactic of Apple to convince people to wait before switching their smartphone models or an actual leak, it cannot be said. However, Samsung Group may need to worry about its competition.

By Faryal Najeeb

Kpop Starz
Phone Dog
Modern Readers

48 Responses to "Apple iPhone 6 Photos Leaked, Samsung Group May Need to Worry"

1. Petrov   September 5, 2014 at 12:34 am

We provide convenient, cost-effective way to purchase your cell phone.

buy 2 and get 1 free
    Apple iphone 6
    Nokia Lumia 1520
    Samsung Galaxy S5 32gb
    Apple iPhone 5S 64gb
    HTC One M8 32gb

All new in box original unlocked.

email us to obtain information about the latest products at a very competitive price.
    EMAIL: mobilegeninc@hotmail.com

2. paul   April 29, 2014 at 7:54 pm

You may not want expandable memory but with it the galaxy s5 shoots up over 120gb storage with not to much to outlay! cloud storage is a joke! go away for a week or 2 in the bush camping and your lovely iphone either has to pigy back some big lump of a battery on its back or die. I have a few batteries i take away! Snap in Snap out really its not that hard yours suits you mine suits me! But 1 big thing iphone dosent support is otg to flash drive. Im able to take video or download video and copy or send it straight to the flash drive. So when i get home i pop it in the telly and watch. Iphone dosent supportGee if i had a dime for every time i have heard that irrating sentence

3. Mr. Truth   April 17, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I know a criminal organization using apple products N Verizon technology to steal money and private information. Criminals are making fake apps containing spyware and placing them in Google play market. Apps with spyware can track you and still your information and let’s the hacker control what you see by Messing with the os system settings and graphical user interface system. Check your Facebook to see if your in someone’s game.
    1. Go to account settings
    2. Security
    3. Active sessions
    this will tell you where you have logged in from and what devices you have used.

4. Victor T   April 17, 2014 at 5:24 pm

iPhone is soooooooo boring ~~~ yawn ~yawn ~yawn but….my Galaxy Note 3 ROCKS! ROCKS!ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. JT   April 17, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Duck ‘n A. Right you are.

6. Kiara   April 17, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I have has my Iphone for 2 years, and I had android for 1. Personally I do not like the big faces. I have my ipad for that. The point of the cell phone is for it to be portable, and so that it can just slip in your pocket. Iphone needs to get a new look, new features. It’s a waste of money just to say “oh i have the iphone 6” and nothing is NEW about it. I hear that alot with Droid.

7. JFT   April 17, 2014 at 4:43 pm

M8hysoMad you are an app that your phone is playing the point to abusive excess because it doesn’t quite know how to cope with some unresolved issue.

8. M8 Madness   April 17, 2014 at 3:18 pm

OH 1 last thing. I bet folks are standing in line to run 64-bit applications on a freakin phone. Idiots.

9. M8 Madness   April 17, 2014 at 3:15 pm

WOW!! Apple has really out done itself! The innovation, the uniqueness, the stand alone design, the spectacular tech stats…oh wait, none of this applies. Same old iPhone bought by folks who still think Apple is some sort of status symbol. Oh BTW, Samsung did not pay me, I have an HTC M8 which kicks both Samsung’s and Apples A$$$!!

10. Tony Peralta   April 17, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Where’s the expandable memory slot? None, sorry. Nothing to worry about, Samsung.

If Apple added an expandable memory slot on the iPhone, then it would be a game changer for me. A bigger screen size is all good, but it’s not all the rage. In fact, some of these large screens(Samsung Galaxy S series and Sony’s Z1) are getting a mini/compact version for those who don’t want to lug around phablet.

Also there is a rumor of a 5.5 inch version to be released later. Mini iPad confusion.

My wishlist:
    1. Expandable memory slot.
    2. Retro look from the first iPhone. Squares are for squares.
    3. Replaceable battery.

That’s all. Everything else Apple is deciding on is a give and take. I’m not totally cool with 7.1, but it’s not bad either. Just want MY ITUNES TO WORK THOUGH.

• Ben Polovick   April 17, 2014 at 5:12 pm

You’ll never get expandable memory and replaceable batteries with iPhones and iPads. There’s a very good reason why Apple doesn’t do that – because those things sacrifice build quality and ruin Apple’s unibody design. Apple cares very, very much about simplicity and elegance in its designs. Unnecessary seams, compartments, removable parts, etc. detract from that.

I personally don’t care about expandable memory as I use the cloud (Dropbox and iCloud) to store and backup stuff. My mobile device is not meant to contain my entire life.

Also, I don’t like removable batteries, because I don’t want to have to think about that… AT ALL. My iPhone easily goes an entire day on a full charge. Just charge your phone at night while you are sleeping!

I just want a simple, elegantly designed phone that does not have removable parts which I have to keep track of and will eventually lose. If that’s really that important to you… well, then you have Samsung and their cheap, plasticky phones.

11. crapplesucks   April 17, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Worry about what?!?! It looks exactly the same with the same old/tired UI!! I bet the screen will be something stupid like 4.69″ and have some dumb resolution like 1426×896. Which still wont be full HD!!

• Tim   April 17, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Lets be blunt. There is a reason that the iPhone has been steadily losing market share and Android has been gaining. And it is not because Android is so much like iOS or because Android phones have bigger screens. It’s because people seem to like Android (And, surprisingly, Windows) better. When given a choice more people choose “Not iOS” than choose iOS.

12. Joe Book   April 17, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Go for the HTC One M8 instead.

• Jerry Anderson   April 17, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Yes, agreed have it great phone.Looks and feels great.

13. Ben Polovick   April 17, 2014 at 12:54 pm

I wonder how many of you people are being paid by Samsung to hate on Apple in these comments and on other forums. Seriously, if you hate Apple so much, then just walk away… nothing to see here.

• Roman   April 17, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Samsung doesn’t need to be pay people to write comments, considering Samsung makes the A7 chip that runs iPhone 5. So it will be the same for the iPhone 6

• Ben Polovick   April 17, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Samsung has been caught before paying college students to post anti-Apple comments on articles like this one. Additionally, look at all of their advertising – more than half of their commercials are aimed specifically at bashing Apple.

If your product is so superior, why spend so much time and effort trying to convince others that Apple sucks and you rule? I’m getting pretty tired of Samsung’s sleazy marketing tactics… more so than their krappy phones.

• Jose Rovira   April 17, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Actually they paid them to bash HTC.

• Lisa   April 17, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Exactly! I’m with you Roman!!!

14. Cindy Lobster   April 17, 2014 at 12:33 pm

As soon as this “smart” phone knows that I NEVER EVER EVER use the word ducking…then we will have a revolution. Until then, no thanx.

15. diamond   April 17, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Are you guys giving out samples i would like to have one

16. astor   April 17, 2014 at 10:50 am

i suggest you guys take this fight to the dance floor! let your smooth moves decide who’s right or wrong! if you like it… buy it! if you don’t… well… don’t. sometimes tech geeks can be as much if not more annoying than jocks. LET THE DANCE BATTLE BEGIN!!

17. William   April 17, 2014 at 10:26 am

If they get rid of os and install wp8 or android on it then Samsung would have to worry, but if they have same ol IOS… it will be ok for samsung

• Otto   April 17, 2014 at 10:50 am

You hit the nail on the head!!

• alanjason   April 17, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Android? *Yawn*

• alanjason   April 17, 2014 at 1:32 pm

iOS? *Yawn*
        Apple? *Yawn*

18. Bill Eidson (@EidsonB)   April 17, 2014 at 9:45 am

You guys are funny…I will stick with my Blackberry 10 Z30…

19. jay   April 17, 2014 at 8:31 am

umm that picture is of a black iphone 5 someone photoshopped to be pink…

20. Diz Megatron (@Dizzy11523)   April 17, 2014 at 8:27 am

Samsung is cheap ugly plastic. Android is an ugly OS. Apple seems boring because it just works.

• Tim   April 17, 2014 at 8:28 am

If by “Just works” you mean “Drops calls, locks up and has bad mapping software”, sure.

• cees215   April 17, 2014 at 10:06 am

Wow that’s odd considering I can’t think of a single time my iPhone dropped a call since I had a iPhone 4 and I use Apple Maps more often than I use Google Maps but that was a cute comeback.

• Jose Rovira   April 17, 2014 at 10:47 am

IOS is boring. Adding icons or folders to your home screen is the extent of its customization. Oh and changing your wallpaper. YAY! My Note is plastic, but I’m not vain or superficial. I could give a s— about what it looks like. Its in a case anyway, like almost every iphone I see. And those I see not in a case, usually have a broken screen. I gave up on the Iphone a while back and am loving the Note 3. Seriously best phone I’ve ever owned. And I usually switch phones about every 10 months. This one though will be in my pocket for a while.

• Otto   April 17, 2014 at 10:52 am

AMEN!

• PinballPlayer   April 17, 2014 at 11:31 am

Some of us do not care about pretty pictures, and instead use our devices to actually get work done.

21. Jack   April 16, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Imagine how many more icons they can fit on the screen!!! iOS is outdated at this point. They keep upgrading the hardware but the software looks like a windows desktop from 2002.

• Daniel   April 17, 2014 at 8:21 am

That’s an interesting comparison. My desktop in 2002 required double-clicking on pixelated icons. My iPhone’s display has smooth, flat images. Maybe you and I live in two different universes. Oh right, we do. You live in an alternative anti-Apple universe and I live in the real world. : )

• Tim   April 17, 2014 at 8:24 am

All of that is true – the icons look nicer now. That doesn’t change the fact that the iPhone is still from an era when it was icons and apps rather than the newer ideas of presenting active info on the desktop itself. At the very least the iPhone ought to learn how to do widgets like Android… at best it could be like Windows Phone and present the info in live tiles. Instead, it’s just a grid of icons that each have to be opened to see what they are doing.

• cees215   April 17, 2014 at 10:11 am

HA HA HA Learn how to do widgets like Android LOL! You mean those widgets that most people don’t use? Or do you mean widgets like the ones that have been on my Mac since the early 2000’s? I love it how all the Apple haters say Apple copies this and that and than bash Apple by saying it should make iOS function like a Android or Windows phone. I don’t want live tiles and I damn sure don’t want widgets or else I would get a Android phone or a Windows phone. I’m amazed how fAndroids are so concerned with how iOS looks yet I never see Apple fans telling fAndroids that Android phones should look more like iOS devices it seems we Apple fanboi’s are secure in our purchase and don’t really care what the rest of you folks buy.

• Tim   April 17, 2014 at 10:15 am

“You mean those widgets that most people don’t use? Or do you mean widgets like the ones that have been on my Mac since the early 2000′s?”

Actually, those widgets are used quite well on Android. And since Apple has figured out the idea on the Mac, it seems rather glaring that they cannot carry over the simple lessons that they did on their laptops to the phone… Like Google did.

But, hey, if you can’t deal with information being presented to you without having to open an app up, then that’s okay. The rest of us that can glance at a phone to see the info we need will be waiting while you take the extra time to open and navigate your little icons.

• Jose Rovira   April 17, 2014 at 10:57 am

I have a widget on all but 1 screen of my phone. Apple users always say some thing is dumb or useless until Apple gives it to them. Big phones were dumb. I bet they won’t be any more when Apple comes out with one. Being able to change settings easily with toggles in the notification instead of having to go into the settings app was dumb, until IOS 7 offered it.

• Ryan   April 17, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Exactly I use widgets and love them for weather and stuff. Besides iPhone users won’t say something is cool until they get it which is usually after everyone else has had it for a year or two. Innovative???? Since when, yeah the first inner was great, second one was also by number four though they were behind. Next they’ll add a built in stylus like the note has or actually like the palm phones had and it’s a “Game changer”. And all this about phones are plastic blah blah, honestly the plastic is a lot better for reception

22. George Hairston   April 16, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I mean, not to throw a monkey in the wrench, but how many people really understand the intricacies of the operating systems? 1080P vs. 1920P vs. 8GP vs 12GP, Quad Cord vs. i7 CPU, 32GB RAM vs. 16GB RAM, 2600 mAh battery vs. 2320 mAh battery, etc….. here’s what people know: SIZE and PRICE.

Let’s face it – when you lay an Apple Phone next to a Samsung Phone – and run an App – there really is no comparison.

The Samsung is much more impressive every single time.

23. yoga jitsu   April 16, 2014 at 12:05 pm

They’re all the same

24. Paul Brzeski   April 16, 2014 at 10:34 am

What a bunch of nonsense! 😛

People buy Samsung products because of the Android ecosystem, which most of the world is now on. iOS and the single manufacturer ecosystem of Apple is outdated and pretty much a joke to everyone outside it’s hypnotic influence 😛

25. Tim   April 16, 2014 at 9:52 am

I really doubt Samsung needs to worry. I mean, this is an iPhone. Probably the only difference between this and the last iteration will be a slightly bigger screen – everyhting else will just be more of the same boring same old.

26. J.K   April 16, 2014 at 2:59 am

Still looks the same, boring seriously – starting to think they will never reach the same heights they once did 3+ years ago.